Old 12-09-2019, 11:01 AM   #31
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: Guice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah they HAVE to look at RB this off/season. Wonder if they will bring AP Back
I'd rather box prime Mike Tyson

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2019, 11:22 AM   #32
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

The guy has quite the injury history for being 22 years old and all of them are to the legs. That isn't good for a running back and how long before it causes him to lose a step? It really is a shame as he was starting to look like he had potential to be a top notch back.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #33
jamf
Pro Bowl

Guice is averaging 13 carries per torn knee ligament.
This dude needs some collagen peptides in his supplement.

Guice, Reggie Bush, Bob Sanders, and Sam Bradford have shown they can make plays but can't stay on the field.

This injury puts the team in a bind at RB. You can't go into the season with Guice, CT, and Love. They need a RB1 and let Guice/Love battle for 3rd down back.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:09 PM   #34
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Don't forget about Love. If he's even 90% of what he used to be, he could be damn good.
Bryce Love is coming off a complete ACL tear 2018

Darrius Guice is coming off a complete ACL tear 2018, tore meniscus this year, and at this time a sprain MCL.

These guys have a lot of potential, but we should be addressing RB as severe need in Free Agency. Im leaning Kenyon Drake right now if the Cards don't resign him.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:42 PM   #35
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

FWIW:

Guice posted on Twitter "I just want a hug from my mommy"

and:

"Since returning, 4 games 32 carries 227 yards 7.1 AVG; 2 touchdowns. 4 REC 59 yards 14.7 AVG; 1 touchdown! I was getting in rhythm"

Sounds like a guy that knows he's done
Old 12-09-2019, 01:52 PM   #36
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
FWIW:

Guice posted on Twitter "I just want a hug from my mommy"

and:

"Since returning, 4 games 32 carries 227 yards 7.1 AVG; 2 touchdowns. 4 REC 59 yards 14.7 AVG; 1 touchdown! I was getting in rhythm"

Sounds like a guy that knows he's done
Yep,sure sounds like it
Old 12-09-2019, 02:14 PM   #37
SunnySide
Playmaker

baseball but Manny Machado had bad knees - just had abnormal knee structure - he went through 2 surgeries on both knees and hasnt had a problem since.

"The hope was because it was [a] partial [tear on the right side], that it wasn't as severe. The hope was that it would scar down, and we'd be able to get [Machado] back and see how it we went," head athletic trainer Richie Bancells said. "That, in combination with Dr. ElAttrache had always mentioned there was a risk, just given the way that Manny is structured physically, predisposes him to that kind of injury. There was always that risk.
https://www.mlb.com/news/knee-surger...son/c-91045502

I do think certain players are just injury prone from the way they are born (weak ligaments, abnormal knee structure, etc) plus the way that they play/expose themselves.

Guice is injury prone with his knees. Perhaps he has weak ligaments. Perhaps he doesnt stretch enough or the right way.

When he came back, AP told him he has to trust his knee and that knee and ligament is now stronger than it was before the surgery ...

AP is an example of a guy who has amazing 1% flexibility and laticity ... his knee bent last year in a way that any other player would have a torn ACL. he limped throughout the game but played. Guice would have died if that happened to his knee.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:24 PM   #38
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Here's an idea for the Skins: Stop over-drafting players with histories of serious injuries! They have done this time and time again since Snyder has owned the team and been burned at least 75% of the time by doing this. That's why our second round pick history has been an unmitigated disaster. They think they're about to get a first round talent on the cheap and it just doesn't work that way.

It's happened under multiple GM's, so I think this stupidity must be all about Snyder's meddling. He never learns. The sooner he completely divorces himself from personnel matters, the better off we'll all be.

Last edited by KI Skins Fan; 12-09-2019 at 02:47 PM.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:25 PM   #39
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Folks statically Running Back is the most injured and highest potential for injury in the game. These group misses more games do to injury than any other.

If he is having multiple injuries in just his first 5 games in his career...plan b this offseason should be in play.

He Gets Us
Old 12-09-2019, 02:29 PM   #40
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Folks statically Running Back is the most injured and highest potential for injury in the game. These group misses more games do to injury than any other.

If he is having multiple injuries in just his first 5 games in his career...plan b this offseason should be in play.
It sucks and nobody wants to admit it but you have to go out and draft or sign a RB1 this off season
Old 12-09-2019, 03:44 PM   #41
calia
Playmaker

I really feel for Guice. His enthusiasm and attitude are infectious and he seems to love the game and exude joy when he plays. Exactly what we need. If only his knees were on board.

I hope this is minor and allows him to continue to play. Worth erring on the side of caution and resting him as much as possible and focus on long term health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2019, 03:56 PM   #42
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

We don’t close the door on Guice at all but as an organization you can’t “Jordan Reed” this position. Proactive instead of Reactive

He Gets Us
Old 12-09-2019, 04:40 PM   #43
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
We don’t close the door on Guice at all but as an organization you can’t “Jordan Reed” this position. Proactive instead of Reactive
+1. I'd let AP walk and bring in a running back to compete via the draft. Chris Thompson should be leaving and Bryce Love can step into his role. That way if Guice gets hurt again the alternative is a rb fresh out of college.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:49 PM   #44
SunnySide
Playmaker

JP Finlay
‏Verified account @JPFinlayNBCS
2h2 hours ago

Derrius Guice will be out for Redskins vs Eagles this week. Not sure for the rest of the season.
-----------------------------------

This team isnt doing anything next year, I dont want to designate to much money to the RB position. If you arent a contender and dont already have a big contract for RB on the books .... go running back by committee, maybe find yourself a gem that way as well. Dont we already have AP on for next year plus Guice is still on his rookie deal.

I think a RB1 is only added as a cherry on top type piece.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:25 AM   #45
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

You would have to be a fking idiot(Bruce Allen)to count on Guice for next year, Does that mean give up on him?, No, but you can’t count on him. We have to get another running back either through the draft or free agency.There are rb’s that have had reconstructive surgery on both knees and had decent careers(Terry Allen),I don’t know how many,but I would bet that they were on their 2nd or 3rd team when they did, There’s only so long you can deal with it as a team that drafted him.I have a feeling that’s what’s gonna happen with Guice,If he ever gets healthy it will probably be with another team