skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: 8th Circuit Court Grants Stay, Lockout Continues

Fml ,
Old 05-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

There really isn't much pressure from either side at the moment to do anything. Won't be until late June/early July when players start realizing they need to get their paychecks and owners realize they're better off with improving/amending their rosters and getting games back on the field.

In the meantime, Redskins players will hold another organized workout next week.

And the further we get from lifting this lockout, the less likely it gets for someone like VY to sign with the Skins
Old 05-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Thank goodness for sanity
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I will be impressed if the first regular season game is played before November.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #6
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Would of liked to have seen the lockout ended so players can actually get a playbook, I know there probably looking over the shoulder of teammates so they can see the playbook.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #7
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

McNabb may stay after all
Old 05-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #8
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Report: “Breakthrough” in talks | ProFootballTalk
Old 05-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #9
SkinzWin
Playmaker

And if they come to a compromise PFT doesn't make it sound like it will be a deal good enough to last for any decent amount of time before we are right back here. Its crazy what 9 billion dollars can do isn't it? And just think, without fan support, a good portion of the 9 billion dollars wouldn't be there. I think both sides need to think about THAT! Get ur crap together, all ya NFL decision makers!!!!
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
Old 05-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #10
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Thank goodness for sanity
agreed
Old 05-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #11
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Hooray for big business! Take that workers. Viva la fat cats!

Oh wait, breakthrough. Crap. I hate compromise. You have to take what you want and crush the spirit of the opposition. Negotiation is a war, except without guns and killing and unspeakable atrocities. But other then that it's the same.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 05-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #12
Skinny Tee
The Starter

I see this lockout lasting because the owners geared up for it beforehand. The previous two CBA extensions just seemed like a band aid on the overall owners/players dilemma.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #13
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Though I have been critical of Goodell he has been absolutely right that they need to settle this through negotiation/mediation rather then through the courts.

And though we've been burned before on the idea that both sides are close I still remain hopeful especially since that means that not only do we get football back but our main free agent target Davin Joesph becomes unrestricted. I guess part of us lucked out with guys like Franklin and C. Jenkins being UFA's no matter what (2010 rules or New CBA) but getting a pro bowl guy on the interior in his prime is just such a huge boost for us.

Add a Right Tackle among Brown, Harris, and Trueblood and the revamping of our line is about 70% complete.

Damnit now I'm getting to excited.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 05-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #14
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
There really isn't much pressure from either side at the moment to do anything. Won't be until late June/early July when players start realizing they need to get their paychecks and owners realize they're better off with improving/amending their rosters and getting games back on the field.

In the meantime, Redskins players will hold another organized workout next week.

And the further we get from lifting this lockout, the less likely it gets for someone like VY to sign with the Skins

I definitley find myself rooting for the owners and for this lockout to drag on ..... and on ...... and on. The thought of VY in B&G makes me sick.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #15
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Just for the sake of perspective here's the NFL's last offer to the NFLPA before they decertified (which actually reminds me why I was so pissed off at the players for a while as their attempt to bully their way through the courts with anti-trust litigation didn't help the lockout).

Quote:
Here’s an excerpt: ”At a time when thousands of employees are fighting for their collective bargaining rights, this union has chosen to abandon collective bargaining in favor of a sham ‘decertification’ and antitrust litigation. This litigation maneuver is built on the indisputably false premise that the NFLPA has stopped being a union and will merely delay the process of reaching an agreement.

”The NFL clubs remain committed to collective bargaining and the federal mediation process until an agreement is reached. The NFL calls on the union to return to negotiations immediately. NFL players, clubs, and fans want an agreement. The only place it can be reached is at the bargaining table.

”The union left a very good deal on the table. It included an offer to narrow the player compensation gap that existed in the negotiations by splitting the difference; guarantee reallocation of savings from first-round rookies to veterans and retirees without negatively affecting compensation for rounds 2-7; ensure no compensation reduction for veterans; implement new year-round health and safety rules; retain the current 16-4 season format for at least two years with any subsequent changes subject to the approval of the league and union; and establish a new legacy fund for retired players ($82 million contributed by the owners over the next two years).

”The union was offered financial disclosure of audited league and club profitability information that is not even shared with the NFL clubs. The expanded health and safety rules would include a reduction in offseason programs of five weeks (from 14 to nine) and of OTAs (Organized Team Activities) from 14 to 10; significant reductions in the amount of contact in practices; and other changes.”

- FRPLG
Closed Thread