Video of every throw by Vince Young last season

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-24-2011, 09:36 AM   #31
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Re: Video of every throw by Vince Young last season

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Excellent, now we have someone trying to diagnose Young as someone who has psychosis. You must have telepathic powers.
I DO! I have the power of common sense and anybody with it says let this guy walk.

I would rather lose with Rex, or Beck than have to watch this dudes head problem resurface in DC.--56Fanatic
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #32
SBXVII
Franchise Player

This writer brings up the main reason I don't see VY here, Fischer and Shanahan are friends and if Fischer was a hard nose HC with an ego and couldn't get VY to do his job why does everyone think Fischer will endorse VY to Shanahan? On top of that Shanahan is also a hard nosed HC with an ego. If it didn't work out for Fischer why would it work out for Shanahan?

Let's Put the Vince Young Rumor to Bed Once and For All - Hogs Haven

Quote:
Jim Wyatt: Well, Vince jumped under the bus himself. He's got some basic qualities, but he doesn't work hard. Most guys on the team don't even cheer for him. Most of the guys see right through him. He says all the right things. I can't see Fisher or Heimerdinger endorsing him to Shanahan.

There's probably four or five players that support him.
Quote:
Shanahan and Dinger worked together in San Fran and Denver, so a lot of media and fans are making that correlation that it'd be a natural transition for Young to DC

Wyatt: That's the reason it'd never happen. He didn't have a great support in the locker room or from the coaches...he was disrespectful and Fisher corrected him and he stormed out.
Why anyone would want to bring VY here with all his issues and lack of respect for the coach's or teamates simply because he is cheap baffles me.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #33
freddyg12
Playmaker

I disagree w/those that say there's "nothing to lose" if he's signed to a cheap deal (at least nobody has said vet min! ). There is always something to lose, as roster spots are few. When taking on a vet w/a history of problems, the risk of that player affecting the whole team has to be taken into account.

Especially at the qb position. This team already has gone through some growing pains & reported locker room division w/the benching of McNabb. Can Shanahan afford another vet qb experiment? If it goes wrong he could lose the whole team. If this team was well established & Shanny had been here a few years it would be different. At this time, the team may be too fragile to deal w/VY. HOw would VY react to a qb controversy if he thought he deserved to start but shanny went w/Beck or Rex?
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:55 AM   #34
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
This writer brings up the main reason I don't see VY here, Fischer and Shanahan are friends and if Fischer was a hard nose HC with an ego and couldn't get VY to do his job why does everyone think Fischer will endorse VY to Shanahan? On top of that Shanahan is also a hard nosed HC with an ego. If it didn't work out for Fischer why would it work out for Shanahan?

Let's Put the Vince Young Rumor to Bed Once and For All - Hogs Haven

Why anyone would want to bring VY here with all his issues and lack of respect for the coach's or teamates simply because he is cheap baffles me.
Football is like life -- it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #35
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Bringing in a cheap player who has baggage is better than overpaying for one. Baby steps folks.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #36
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

We shouldn't have even put ourselves in a position to go after Young, but we have-in my opinion-by choosing to ignore the QB position in the past two drafts.

I have total respect for Jim Wyatt and what he's saying, but I believe more than anything what VY needs is a change of scenery. Whether that should be here, I'm not sure. But I'd rather take a chance with him than let another year go by without a QB to build this team around. Still not convinced it's Beck. Hope I'm wrong if he's the guy we choose, but I still don't see it
Old 05-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #37
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
We shouldn't have even put ourselves in a position to go after Young, but we have-in my opinion-by choosing to ignore the QB position in the past two drafts.

I have total respect for Jim Wyatt and what he's saying, but I believe more than anything what VY needs is a change of scenery. Whether that should be here, I'm not sure. But I'd rather take a chance with him than let another year go by without a QB to build this team around. Still not convinced it's Beck. Hope I'm wrong if he's the guy we choose, but I still don't see it
Good point. I have to think that either the qb's they liked weren't there at the value they'd hope to get in the draft and/or they feel there are options at qb for the present through free agency & the current roster (incl. Rex). i.e. Shanny & co. certainly must have a plan at qb. I wouldn't put it past him to think that he can make Young into the player he should be. But at the same time, I don't think Shanny can afford to be wrong about VY given what happened w/McNabb. I'm thinking that he's not that interested in him.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #38
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think the interest is there, I put the likelihood of him being here though at less than 50% (maybe like 40%)

Especially as the lockout continues
Old 05-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #39
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
I think the interest is there, I put the likelihood of him being here though at less than 50% (maybe like 40%)

Especially as the lockout continues
Yeah, that affects all free agents of course, but for a qb much more so.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:06 PM   #40
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:

Without a doubt you've taken into consideration how catastrophic it would be for this organization [after the debacle of the McNabb experiment] to bring in yet another veteran QB that we know going in has the potential to become a disaster.

So, maybe the real question becomes...do we really want VY/or we don't want Beck or Grossman?
Old 05-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #41
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Bringing in a cheap player who has baggage is better than overpaying for one. Baby steps folks.
Baby steps were taken when the team didn't throw away draft picks for vets. Unfortunatly we can't say that was by design. Thankfully the Lockout handicapped that.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #42
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Without a doubt you've taken into consideration how catastrophic it would be for this organization [after the debacle of the McNabb experiment] to bring in yet another veteran QB that we know going in has the potential to become a disaster.

So, maybe the real question becomes...do we really want VY/or we don't want Beck or Grossman?
I think bringing in McNabb was a huge catastrophe. It cost us what could have been a valuable 2nd rounder last year (we could've had a QB or a NT with that pick). This is pretty big for a rebuilding team.

I don't think it will be the same if a QB doesn't workout this year. It will still be a setback, but at least the likes of VY or Grossman won't cost us picks.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #43
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:

Totally agree but I don't think it should be with the Skins. Clearly he has wore out his welcome with the Titans, whether it was Fischer or VY or both not getting along. The reasons I don't see him as a Skin....

His immaturity; sure people can change but the individual has to want to change. In my opinion VY does not see himself as the problem he see's everyone else as the problem for which he finds him self in. Changing the scenery will not fix this issue. All it will do is recreate itself and maybe VY realizes after he's screwed up an opportunity here that maybe he needs to change.

The coaching staff; People thought Fischer had an ego and couldn't get along with VY. So how do the Skins fans think VY is going to get along with MS? Look what MS did with Haynesworth, look what MS did with McNabb. No way MS tolerates VY throwing a temper tantrum because he's not the #1 QB or because the fans are booing him, or if he gets hurt yet again and the coach's are trying to protect him.

My problem is people can change but usually there is an altering experience, ie; Vick going to court and doing jail time, Buress going to court and doing jail time, T.O. and R.Moss being on several different teams has to be humbling. Things like this. Simply having to sit 4-6 games and being told the team is going to either trade you or cut you does not amount to an altering experience.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #44
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think bringing in McNabb was a huge catastrophe. It cost us what could have been a valuable 2nd rounder last year (we could've had a QB or a NT with that pick). This is pretty big for a rebuilding team.

I don't think it will be the same if a QB doesn't workout this year. It will still be a setback, but at least the likes of VY or Grossman won't cost us picks.
I don't think bringing him was a catastrophe. Making it a one year experiment is. I don't think we have a choice but to let him go, but it's unfortunate nonetheless
Old 05-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #45
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think what would make VY work with Shanny vs. Fisher would be that he would know Shanahan wanted him here, as opposed to Tennessee where he know Fisher didn't want him there