Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-11-2011, 08:26 AM   #61
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Report claims Redskins won't cut Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well if someone told me that you would be a problem if I hired you, I wouldn't have hired you in the first place. If I did hire you, knowing that information, well I deserve to lose the money. Except that this scenario doesn't compare to football, like many other scenarios people try to compare to football.
That's not factually correct. From a legal perspective, Albert Haynesworth signed a contract with the Washington Redskins. Not with the "Jim Zorns Who Run a 4-3".

He's legally obligated to do what the coaches tell him.

I think it's fair to say the 'Skins were warned that his character isn't great and thus should have been aware that he could be a locker room problem, but there are locker room problems and then there's this. It's not fair to say they should have known that he would flat out ignore his contractual obligations to play whatever the coaches tell him to play.

Advertisements
Old 07-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #62
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
That's not factually correct. From a legal perspective, Albert Haynesworth signed a contract with the Washington Redskins. Not with the "Jim Zorns Who Run a 4-3".

He's legally obligated to do what the coaches tell him.

I think it's fair to say the 'Skins were warned that his character isn't great and thus should have been aware that he could be a locker room problem, but there are locker room problems and then there's this. It's not fair to say they should have known that he would flat out ignore his contractual obligations to play whatever the coaches tell him to play.
First, I did say that this scenario is not a good comparison. Second, if you are going to invest $40 mil. to possibly $100 mil. on a player, you better be damn sure things are going to work out, but the team didn't.

In an ideal world, I would want Haynesworth to stay here, learn his lesson, and work things out. But, the team also thought he'd work out coming out of Tenn., and he didn't. I think he's a terrible person and nothing is going to motivate him.

This team also has a history of investing a lot on FAs, not doing their homework on whether they will work out, and then having them fail miserably. And the latest example was McNabb, costing us two draft picks, yet no one is clamoring for him to stay on the roster and work things out. It would actually benefit the team more for McNabb to stay and work things out, yet just about everyone wants him gone from the team (completely and utterly wasting the draft picks).

In the end, nothing good will come out Haynesworth staying with the team. And there are a lot of positives that will come out if he leaves the team. If you think otherwise you are either a.) way too optimistic thinking that Haynesworth will learn his lesson and work things out b.) care more about this guy "learning his lesson" than anything else c.) you are Dan Snyder.

As I repeatedly say, Vinny's f*ck ups won't be cheap to fix.
R.I.P. #21

Last edited by Ruhskins; 07-11-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #63
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

I would package Haynesworth and McNabb to minnesota for a 2nd this year and a 4th next year.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #64
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Minnesota would give us the finger.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #65
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Minnesota would give us the finger.
Maybe a 2nd overall? McNabb and Haynesworth could make Minnesota a legit team. With Peterson in the backfield and Harvin/ (possibly) Rice/Shancoe/ Rudolph/Berrrian to throw to McNabb could do some damage. Pair up Haynesworth with Jarred Allen and Kevin Williams (let pat retire...he was useless at this point), and that is one unstoppable pass rushing force. 3 guys that command a double team on a line is ridiculous.

Not to mention McNabb would be a great tutor for Ponder. Just look at what he did for Vick in helping him become a pro.

I think McNabb could impact their offense dramatically in the present and the future for helping ponder, and Haynesworth (definitely a risk here) could dramatically improve their defense.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #66
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
Maybe a 2nd overall? McNabb and Haynesworth could make Minnesota a legit team. With Peterson in the backfield and Harvin/ (possibly) Rice/Shancoe/ Rudolph/Berrrian to throw to McNabb could do some damage. Pair up Haynesworth with Jarred Allen and Kevin Williams (let pat retire...he was useless at this point), and that is one unstoppable pass rushing force. 3 guys that command a double team on a line is ridiculous.

Not to mention McNabb would be a great tutor for Ponder. Just look at what he did for Vick in helping him become a pro.

I think McNabb could impact their offense dramatically in the present and the future for helping ponder, and Haynesworth (definitely a risk here) could dramatically improve their defense.
I think Childress was the only McNabb connection. Although there has been talks about McNabb going to Minny, I just don't see it happening. I would say AZ is the best option, given that they just don't have a QB (although only if they lose the Kolb sweepstakes).
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #67
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

People make it out like it's going to be a big distraction, but it's not. When they sent Keyshawn home for the year (with pay) did you even hear about it anymore? Nope. We don't have to worry about him being around at the start of the season because he is going to be suspended. I can't imagine any scenario where this douche bag isn't suspended for a minimum of 4 games from the league. (he's already had 1 four game susension)

I say we sit his fat ass on the bench or make him inactive if he doesn't want to cooperate and finally suspend him again like last year if it comes down to it. No way we allow him to go to Philly (a division rival) unless they are willing to pay. A 2nd rounder at bare minimum. (which I know they'll never do)
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #68
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I would package Haynesworth and McNabb to minnesota for a 2nd this year and a 4th next year.
..lol

Only in Madden world bro.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #69
NLC1054
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
People make it out like it's going to be a big distraction, but it's not. When they sent Keyshawn home for the year (with pay) did you even hear about it anymore? Nope. We don't have to worry about him being around at the start of the season because he is going to be suspended. I can't imagine any scenario where this douche bag isn't suspended for a minimum of 4 games from the league. (he's already had 1 four game susension)

I say we sit his fat ass on the bench or make him inactive if he doesn't want to cooperate and finally suspend him again like last year if it comes down to it. No way we allow him to go to Philly (a division rival) unless they are willing to pay. A 2nd rounder at bare minimum. (which I know they'll never do)
With all due respect, we are not the Bucs, and local and national media pretty much feed on stories like this when it comes to the Washington Redskins.
NLC1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #70
Hog Heaven
Camp Scrub

Haynesworth needs to go.....he can only do harm to the team. He will NEVER do us any good. Ever.
Hog Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #71
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Doesn't show up to OTAs. Doesn't show up on the practice field. Doesn't show up in games. See a trend here?

Judge scolds Albert Haynesworth's lawyer - WTOP.com

Now, doesn't show up in court.

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- The defense attorney in Albert Haynesworth's misdemeanor sexual abuse trial has been reprimanded by the judge for the Redskins player's absence in court for a preliminary hearing.A. Scott Bolden, Haynesworth's attorney, told D.C. Superior Court Senior Judge Patricia Wynn he believed an earlier ruling specified that Haynesworth was allowed to waive his presence since the case is a misdemeanor.
Haynesworth has been indicted for groping a waitress at the W Hotel. After discussions at the bench about scheduling an Aug. 23 trial date, Bolden told the judge he "will make every effort given the uncertainty of the NFL work stoppage to ensure my client can be here." Wynn made clear she plans the trial will start on time.
"This is his first priority. I would expect he'd be here."

Outside court, Bolden says he was mystified by the judge's comments requiring Haynesworth's presence, but acknowledged prolonging the disagreement would have been useless. Asked if Haynesworth is any closer to a plea bargain, Bolden said, "They haven't made us any new offers, after we rejected the first one." Shortly after his indictment, prosecutors made public a plea offer that would have Haynesworth plead to simple assault. In court, prosecutors said they intended to call ten witnesses in the trial, which is likely to take three days. "Ten witnesses, for a misdemeanor. Apparently that's not too many for the government, when the defendant is Albert Haynesworth. They overcharged it, and they're going to over-try it," Bolden said.
I'll be soooo glad when the NFL resumes and Goodell slaps a 4-8 game suspension on his fat ass!!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #72
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Great. Suspend him. It will be easier to keep him and sit his fat ass.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #73
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Doesn't show up to OTAs. Doesn't show up on the practice field. Doesn't show up in games. See a trend here?

Judge scolds Albert Haynesworth's lawyer - WTOP.com

Now, doesn't show up in court.

I'll be soooo glad when the NFL resumes and Goodell slaps a 4-8 game suspension on his fat ass!!
Looks like it was the lawyer's fault but who cares. I'll be glad when he is off this team and we can move on.
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #74
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC1054 View Post
With all due respect, we are not the Bucs, and local and national media pretty much feed on stories like this when it comes to the Washington Redskins.
Good point, and the Bucs got rid of the him the following season. Once again, I don't get people's obsession with punishment, discipline, and insisting on keeping him on the team.
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #75
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Good point, and the Bucs got rid of the him the following season. Once again, I don't get people's obsession with punishment, discipline, and insisting on keeping him on the team.
Essentially, we're handing him a roster spot while someone competing their ass off to make the team doesn't because of Feigner's shit. I have a problem with that.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote