Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The Rage Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-30-2019, 11:57 AM   #31
Warthog
The Starter

Re: The Rage Thread

Cant' understand the rage here. Most of the "experts" gave the Redskins very high grades for this draft - which is VERY UNUSUAL. I'd rather roll the dice on Haskins, considered by many as the best QB of the draft, than sitting and watching Smith / McCoy / Keenum win just enough squeakers to keep us from getting a really high draft number.

We need a real, LONG-TERM, FRANCHISE QB. I think Haskins is that man. But I'd rather watch Haskins pull a Heath Shuler than spend a season following a has-been, old QB like Smith or McCoy bring us to 5 or 6 wins.

Sometimes you need to go for it. A franchise QB is how you win in the NFL.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-30-2019, 01:27 PM   #32
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Cant' understand the rage here. Most of the "experts" gave the Redskins very high grades for this draft - which is VERY UNUSUAL. I'd rather roll the dice on Haskins, considered by many as the best QB of the draft, than sitting and watching Smith / McCoy / Keenum win just enough squeakers to keep us from getting a really high draft number.

We need a real, LONG-TERM, FRANCHISE QB. I think Haskins is that man. But I'd rather watch Haskins pull a Heath Shuler than spend a season following a has-been, old QB like Smith or McCoy bring us to 5 or 6 wins.

Sometimes you need to go for it. A franchise QB is how you win in the NFL.
This was a response to picking Haskins, who I'm not sold on. The rest of the draft was as good as it gets IMO. Still, even though I'm not sold on Haskins it's basically 50/50 as to whether it was a good move, and I'd love to be wrong about it.

We might as well rename this the overreaction thread, because that's what I was doing.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:28 PM   #33
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This was a response to picking Haskins, who I'm not sold on. The rest of the draft was as good as it gets IMO. Still, even though I'm not sold on Haskins it's basically 50/50 as to whether it was a good move, and I'd love to be wrong about it.

We might as well rename this the overreaction thread, because that's what I was doing.
This wasn't a Rage against the Machine fan page thread?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:41 PM   #34
los panda
Pro Bowl

Anyone want to play some Primal Rage? I can't afford it for PS1 but I'd buy it for Sega Genesis.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:02 PM   #35
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:

That's all football fans ever do, you're welcome to it. Just don't start a thread with the opening post being 'for ga da da' and you're good. It's a high bar around here.
Old 04-30-2019, 05:06 PM   #36
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This wasn't a Rage against the Machine fan page thread?
It can be whatever you want it to be. I'm partial to Born of a Broken Man myself. Or Settle for Nothing. Or Township Rebellion. Or No Shelter. Or any of their other classics, pretty much their entire discography is bangers.
Old 04-30-2019, 05:24 PM   #37
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
Anyone want to play some Primal Rage? I can't afford it for PS1 but I'd buy it for Sega Genesis.
I had the original Sega Master System before Genesis. Good ole Duck Hunt and Shinobi.

That was like 30 years ago. FML!!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:25 PM   #38
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:

There are no guarantees in the draft. I seem to remember someone did a study and found out that only a third of the first and second round draft picks are in the NFL five years later. I'd rather the Redskins shoot for the future franchise and possibly star QB in the draft than watch them spend a ton of cap money on a QB who is over 35 years old. Someone who keeps us around .500, but never better.

Of the three QB picked in the 2019 NFL draft in the first round, I think Haskins was the best choice. I'm a lot more excited to watch how he does over the next few years, then to see the Redskins run by an aging, decent QB (even before this horrific leg injury).

Flyboy.

Old 05-01-2019, 05:30 PM   #39
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
There are no guarantees in the draft. I seem to remember someone did a study and found out that only a third of the first and second round draft picks are in the NFL five years later. I'd rather the Redskins shoot for the future franchise and possibly star QB in the draft than watch them spend a ton of cap money on a QB who is over 35 years old. Someone who keeps us around .500, but never better.

Of the three QB picked in the 2019 NFL draft in the first round, I think Haskins was the best choice. I'm a lot more excited to watch how he does over the next few years, then to see the Redskins run by an aging, decent QB (even before this horrific leg injury).
I think you're crazy if you think Alex Smith is ever returning to the field. Man had a compound fracture, spent 2 months in the hospital thanks to infection, plus had 70 million guaranteed so he doesn't need the money.

He'll be here coaching up the young gun but I don't expect him to suit up again.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:14 PM   #40
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

The Redskins won't be picking up Josh Doctson's 5th year option....this doesn't mean that they won't try to give him a deal in the offseason if he has a 95 catch 1500 yards with 12 TDs performance in 2019....but I'm glad that the Redskins are making a fuckin healthy football decision on this soft ass 1st round bust.....

https://247sports.com/nfl/washington...on--131700083/
Old 05-01-2019, 06:57 PM   #41
MTK
\m/

I still think it’s hilarious a rage thread started during what ended up being the Redskins best draft in years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2019, 07:28 PM   #42
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Always a classic

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:32 PM   #43
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I still think it’s hilarious a rage thread started during what ended up being the Redskins best draft in years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a little superstitious so maybe I'll do another one next year too.

In the meantime:

Old 05-03-2019, 02:50 AM   #44
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
I think you're crazy if you think Alex Smith is ever returning to the field. Man had a compound fracture, spent 2 months in the hospital thanks to infection, plus had 70 million guaranteed so he doesn't need the money.

He'll be here coaching up the young gun but I don't expect him to suit up again.
I DON'T think Smith will ever come back. Why should he? He gets the money either way.

We should never have signed him, he'll be a boat anchor on our cap for a couple years now.

Flyboy.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:57 AM   #45
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
The Redskins won't be picking up Josh Doctson's 5th year option....this doesn't mean that they won't try to give him a deal in the offseason if he has a 95 catch 1500 yards with 12 TDs performance in 2019....but I'm glad that the Redskins are making a fuckin healthy football decision on this soft ass 1st round bust.....

https://247sports.com/nfl/washington...on--131700083/
Agreed. He is a draft bust and the only reason he's still playing is because the team let go of 1,000 WR like Garcon, Desean Jackson and Crowder. I never understood why we let go of BOTH Jackson and Garcon and kept Doctson.

Flyboy.