Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-17-2020, 04:25 PM   #2041
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

It seems like Trump and the Democrats are trying to work together through this. Is there any way that we can likewise quarantine the divisiveness in here? I think everyone admits Trump has foot in mouth disease, and I would hope we would all agree that the media chose sides early on, and has lived off fanning the flames of whichever side.

Maybe we can reset in here, of course that requires courage on both sides - acknowledging the strong beliefs about Trump are still out there, G1 and Punch still hate his guts, Chico and I still believe in his agenda, and see the dems as a lynch mob out for Trump's head at any cost. BUT this virus is causing a new version of life. A reset. Let's take that opportunity here, and set aside the bickering where possible. Please? For America LOL
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-17-2020, 09:26 PM   #2042
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Calling it right now, if this blows over by let's say mid summer and the virus is in our rearview, and the market starts bouncing back strong, Trump will definitely parade around trumpeting this as a big win for him and how well he handled it all and try to ride it all the way to re-election.
Hopefully before summer! If it doesn't go well he'll use it as a chance to dump Pence and add Nicky Haley as his VP.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:30 PM   #2043
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It seems like Trump and the Democrats are trying to work together through this. Is there any way that we can likewise quarantine the divisiveness in here? I think everyone admits Trump has foot in mouth disease, and I would hope we would all agree that the media chose sides early on, and has lived off fanning the flames of whichever side.

Maybe we can reset in here, of course that requires courage on both sides - acknowledging the strong beliefs about Trump are still out there, G1 and Punch still hate his guts, Chico and I still believe in his agenda, and see the dems as a lynch mob out for Trump's head at any cost. BUT this virus is causing a new version of life. A reset. Let's take that opportunity here, and set aside the bickering where possible. Please? For America LOL
The only way that can happen is for trump to disappear, his arrogance , ignorance and fully blown arrogance is bringing this country down as much if not more than the virus. No he did not cause the virus it is not his fault but his lack of genuine leadership during the virus crisis is leading to panic.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:35 PM   #2044
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
The only way that can happen is for trump to disappear, his arrogance , ignorance and fully blown arrogance is bringing this country down as much if not more than the virus. No he did not cause the virus it is not his fault but his lack of genuine leadership during the virus crisis is leading to panic.
As much as you hate it, he is the president thru this. He isn't disappearing. Like i said, it would take courage and willingness on all parts. I still hope and offer it to anyone and everyone else. Let us all set aside the bickering and focus on the goal of getting past this virus by pulling together behind the president AND Democratic house. We can do this.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2020, 11:30 AM   #2045
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
As much as you hate it, he is the president thru this. He isn't disappearing. Like i said, it would take courage and willingness on all parts. I still hope and offer it to anyone and everyone else. Let us all set aside the bickering and focus on the goal of getting past this virus by pulling together behind the president AND Democratic house. We can do this.

So much for working together!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-co...002400850.html

Senate coronavirus vote delayed after Rand Paul pushes doomed amendment
Old 03-18-2020, 11:39 AM   #2046
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
So much for working together!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-co...002400850.html

Senate coronavirus vote delayed after Rand Paul pushes doomed amendment
Rand Paul is a fiscal hawk. Can't read the article now, but let's see what happens next.

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 03-18-2020 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:41 PM   #2047
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Rand Paul is a fiscal hawk. Can't tead the article now, but let's see what happens next.

The sources said Paul is forcing a vote on his amendment, which would "require a social security number for purposes of the child tax credit, and to provide the President the authority to transfer funds as necessary, and to terminate United States military operations and reconstruction activities in Afghanistan."

^^ from CReds article.

This maybe should go in the non political coronavirus thread .. but then people will (rightfully) point out that Pauls amendments have nothing to do with responding to the cornoavirus, why is he putting a poison pill in there, etc

I had to switch from Libertarian back to Dem a few years ago bc of Rand Paul and some others.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:55 PM   #2048
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
The sources said Paul is forcing a vote on his amendment, which would "require a social security number for purposes of the child tax credit, and to provide the President the authority to transfer funds as necessary, and to terminate United States military operations and reconstruction activities in Afghanistan."

^^ from CReds article.

This maybe should go in the non political coronavirus thread .. but then people will (rightfully) point out that Pauls amendments have nothing to do with responding to the cornoavirus, why is he putting a poison pill in there, etc

I had to switch from Libertarian back to Dem a few years ago bc of Rand Paul and some others.
I get the budget concern from Rand but you are absolutely right that any issues that don't relate directly with cv19 should not be inserted by anyone.

Old 03-19-2020, 08:28 PM   #2049
Giantone
Gamebreaker

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/state-gove...opstories.html

State governors taking lead on coronavirus precautions as federal government works to define plan

As the coronavirus outbreak continues and the federal government scrambles to come up with a national plan to keep people safe, governors are stepping up.

And health experts have said that their actions, such as shutting down business and calling for self-isolation, have proved crucial at helping contain the outbreak.

Governors of states with the most cases, such as Washington's Jay Inslee, New York's Andrew Cuomo and California's Gavin Newsom, made the right decision by enacting these policies, according to John Auerbach, CEO of Trust for America's Health, a public health advocacy group.

Marianne Udow-Phillips, executive director of the Center for Health and Research Transformation at the University of Michigan, said the governors' messages stick with the public in a way those from the federal government may not.

"Governors hear directly from health care providers, the local business community, school leaders and citizens at large," she said in an email. "They are deeply attuned to local and statewide impacts."

Joshua Epstein, a professor of epidemiology at the NYU School of Global Public Health, stressed that while the states are taking a lead in their regions, it's important that there be consistency with their coronavirus actions. He noted that New York, Connecticut and New Jersey's joint announcement to close non-essential stores was a smart move.

"They don't want people running across state lines to buy goods, and they've worked to keep policies the same," he said.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:19 PM   #2050
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/state-gove...opstories.html

State governors taking lead on coronavirus precautions as federal government works to define plan

As the coronavirus outbreak continues and the federal government scrambles to come up with a national plan to keep people safe, governors are stepping up.

And health experts have said that their actions, such as shutting down business and calling for self-isolation, have proved crucial at helping contain the outbreak.

Governors of states with the most cases, such as Washington's Jay Inslee, New York's Andrew Cuomo and California's Gavin Newsom, made the right decision by enacting these policies, according to John Auerbach, CEO of Trust for America's Health, a public health advocacy group.

Marianne Udow-Phillips, executive director of the Center for Health and Research Transformation at the University of Michigan, said the governors' messages stick with the public in a way those from the federal government may not.

"Governors hear directly from health care providers, the local business community, school leaders and citizens at large," she said in an email. "They are deeply attuned to local and statewide impacts."

Joshua Epstein, a professor of epidemiology at the NYU School of Global Public Health, stressed that while the states are taking a lead in their regions, it's important that there be consistency with their coronavirus actions. He noted that New York, Connecticut and New Jersey's joint announcement to close non-essential stores was a smart move.

"They don't want people running across state lines to buy goods, and they've worked to keep policies the same," he said.
I am glad to see this. It is actually the way our country should work. The local governments should be taking care and setting laws and conditions appropriate for their states. NY NJ has a far different requirement for cooperation and conditions than wyoming Montana for example.

I said it before, I really think all of our government from local to congress to Trump are pulling together and showing why America is the greatest country on the planet.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:13 AM   #2051
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I guess trump is changing his travel plans?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/secret-si...135907032.html

The Secret Service signed an 'emergency order' this week — for 30 golf carts

The Secret Service signed an "emergency order" this week to rent $45,000-worth of golf carts in the town of Sterling, Virginia, where President Trump has a golf course, The Washington Post reports. The 30-cart fleet, which the Secret Service is renting through the end of September, was described as being necessary in order to protect a "dignitary," although the president was not explicitly referenced by name.

Surprisingly, while many nonessential businesses around the country have closed to prevent the spread of disease, Virginia's Trump National Golf Club remains open. Gov. Ralph Northam (D) allowed for golf courses to continue to operate so long as golfers keep a six-foot distance from others. The Virginia club is a favorite of the president's; he has visited it 76 times since taking office, most recently in October.

The Post notes that Trump has not played golf since March 8, when there were still only about 500 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the U.S. and 21 deaths, most of which were concentrated at a nursing home in Washington State. In a statement, Secret Service spokesperson Cathy Milhoan clarified that the "emergency" contract referred specifically to "a need for expedited handling of the procurement due to deadlines within the agency's business processes
Old 04-06-2020, 10:42 AM   #2052
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I am glad to see this. It is actually the way our country should work. The local governments should be taking care and setting laws and conditions appropriate for their states. NY NJ has a far different requirement for cooperation and conditions than wyoming Montana for example.

I said it before, I really think all of our government from local to congress to Trump are pulling together and showing why America is the greatest country on the planet.

Trump has been denying and downplaying this out of fear for what it would mean to his re-election chances. He finally came around because he was forced to when even he couldn’t lie about it anymore. Yet he is still pushing the use of a drug that has zero scientific evidence that it helps fight the virus. A drug other people actually need to live. This morning he is tweeting about fake news. That Asshole had a chance to rise to the occasion and he failed miserably. For the love of God stop defending him. We are not handling this virus like the greatest country in the world and it is on him. He had two months to prepare. Instead he downplayed it hoping it would go away.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:46 AM   #2053
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Trump has been denying and downplaying this out of fear for what it would mean to his re-election chances. He finally came around because he was forced to when even he couldn’t lie about it anymore. Yet he is still pushing the use of a drug that has zero scientific evidence that it helps fight the virus. A drug other people actually need to live. This morning he is tweeting about fake news. That Asshole had a chance to rise to the occasion and he failed miserably. For the love of God stop defending him. We are not handling this virus like the greatest country in the world and it is on him. He had two months to prepare. Instead he downplayed it hoping it would go away.
Fully agree with you.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:49 AM   #2054
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...demic-response
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:50 AM   #2055
Giantone
Gamebreaker

This is a great video.......................

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/max-b...094023032.html

A conservative columnist says President Donald Trump has reached a historic new low: worst president of all time.

“With his catastrophic mishandling of the coronavirus, Trump has established himself as the worst president in U.S. history,” wrote Max Boot of The Washington Post.

Boot, a persistent critic of the president, wrote Sunday that he tried to avoid giving Trump the title, saying history usually required some time to put things into perspective. Instead, he called Trump the worst “modern” president.

“That left open the possibility that James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, Franklin Pierce, Warren Harding or some other nonentity would be judged more harshly,” Boot wrote.

But his opinion changed over the past month.

Boot said Trump’s biggest rival for the title was Buchanan, who helped set the stage for the Civil War.

“But there is good reason to think that the Civil War would have broken out no matter what,” Boot wrote. “By contrast, there is nothing inevitable about the scale of the disaster we now confront.”

Trump was warned about the impending COVID-19 crisis, but he didn’t take action early by ordering the testing equipment and much-needed emergency supplies that cities and states are now struggling to obtain. Instead, Trump held rallies and played golf.

“In the days and weeks after [Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex] Azar alerted him about the virus, Trump spoke at eight rallies and golfed six times, as if he didn’t have a care in the world,” Boot wrote.

Boot also said voters would get to cast the ultimate judgment on Trump.

“But whatever happens in November, Trump cannot escape the pitiless judgment of history,” he wrote. “Somewhere, a relieved James Buchanan must be smiling.