Government shutdown 2018

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-22-2018, 11:18 AM   #31
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Government shutdown 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Fact: the President would have already signed a bill if kelley and miller weren’t such hardliners who stopped him after he met with Schumer.
Fact: if the President hadnt started insulting black continents this could have been avoided several days ago - but instead that meeting went straight down the “shithole”.
Fact: there has never been a lack of trust like this in Washington DC before and that is because there is a compulsive liar, and career con artist in the Oval Office.
Fact: if the republicans would address DACA instead of offering an IOU on the issue the bill could be passed.
Fact : Trump has absolutely no idea what the hell is going on and therefore all the republicans and democrats are at a stalemate. He had absolutely zero leadership skills. He just tweets divisive lies and blames others. This all after he berated Obama in 2013 and said the buck stops with him!
Every one of those "facts" is opinion wrapped in supposition heavily sauced with bias. I guess that's par for the course in discussions with Trump haters.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-22-2018, 11:21 AM   #32
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Fact: there is a bill that is supported by the majority of the Senate
Fact: Flake who voted against one has said he now supports it,
opinion: I am guessing all the republicans will at 12pm. That means it needs 5 additional democrats to pass a bill to open the government
Fact: The President will sign that bill
Fact: Schumer is the one who has put a procedural roadblock in place on a non-related issue SOMETHING HE CALLED IDIOCY IN 2013.

My facts are right, my players are in the right order.

You make no mention of Lindsey Graham?

South Carolina Lindsey Graham blames White House for shutdown | The State

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/grah...nues-1.5750685
Old 01-22-2018, 11:24 AM   #33
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Every one of those "facts" is opinion wrapped in supposition heavily sauced with bias. I guess that's par for the course in discussions with Trump haters.

That's a two way street as has been proven.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:39 AM   #34
MTK
\m/

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...th-dems-to-end
Old 01-22-2018, 11:46 AM   #35
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Im seeing a silverlining with hope of new immigration policy and border security...both should be addressed.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #36
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Short lived shutdown (CSpan2 shows 78 senators so far voting to limit debate, and that Schumer and McConnell reached an understanding). Keep this thread in reserve for Feb 8th.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:15 PM   #37
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Just for the record I never hated Trump until I realized how much I hated him.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:18 PM   #38
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Thanks Matty. Nice fact filled little article right there which backs up all my heavily sauced trump hating media biased truths. Lol
Old 01-22-2018, 03:04 PM   #39
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Government shutdown 2018

Where was the great leader, the great dealmaker? Being baby sat and kept busy like a child in the white house. Tweeting like a child. Casting blame. All the while not even understanding exactly what is going on.
This clown is the biggest puppet in history.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:44 PM   #40
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Thanks Matty. Nice fact filled little article right there which backs up all my heavily sauced trump hating media biased truths. Lol
Definition of fact
1 a : something that has actual existence space exploration is now a fact
b : an actual occurrence prove the fact of damage
2 : a piece of information presented as having objective reality These are the hard facts of the case.
3 : the quality of being actual : actuality a question of fact hinges on evidence

Definition of opinion
1 a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter We asked them for their opinions about the new stadium.
b : approval, esteem I have no great opinion of his work.
2 a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge a person of rigid opinions
b : a generally held view news programs that shape public opinion
3 a : a formal expression of judgment or advice by an expert My doctor says that I need an operation, but I'm going to get a second opinion.
b : the formal expression (as by a judge, court, or referee) of the legal reasons and principles upon which a legal decision is based The article discusses the recent Supreme Court opinion.

Nothing in that link is fact. It bases most of the opinions off of 4 main sources - the NYT, Lindsey Graham, a staffer from Marco Rubio's failed campaign, and Center for Immigration Studies executive director Mark Krikorian. All of these are giving their opinions, and they may be right or not, but again, it's not "facts"
Old 01-22-2018, 03:59 PM   #41
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Definition of fact
1 a : something that has actual existence space exploration is now a fact
b : an actual occurrence prove the fact of damage
2 : a piece of information presented as having objective reality These are the hard facts of the case.
3 : the quality of being actual : actuality a question of fact hinges on evidence

Definition of opinion
1 a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter We asked them for their opinions about the new stadium.
b : approval, esteem I have no great opinion of his work.
2 a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge a person of rigid opinions
b : a generally held view news programs that shape public opinion
3 a : a formal expression of judgment or advice by an expert My doctor says that I need an operation, but I'm going to get a second opinion.
b : the formal expression (as by a judge, court, or referee) of the legal reasons and principles upon which a legal decision is based The article discusses the recent Supreme Court opinion.

Nothing in that link is fact. It bases most of the opinions off of 4 main sources - the NYT, Lindsey Graham, a staffer from Marco Rubio's failed campaign, and Center for Immigration Studies executive director Mark Krikorian. All of these are giving their opinions, and they may be right or not, but again, it's not "facts"
G1, read immediately and let me know if you have any questions.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:01 PM   #42
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Where was the great leader, the great dealmaker? Being baby sat and kept busy like a child in the white house. Tweeting like a child. Casting blame. All the while not even understanding exactly what is going on.
This clown is the biggest puppet in history.
A good negotiator knows when to step in, and when to stay out, of a deal process. This was a spat between Schumer and Senate rules. No need to bring in the presidential bully pulpit.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:36 PM   #43
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
A good negotiator knows when to step in, and when to stay out, of a deal process. This was a spat between Schumer and Senate rules. No need to bring in the presidential bully pulpit.

Id say that when the government shuts down or even nears shutdown the whole “deal process “ is not working. Everything he said in 2013 when Obama was at the helm is exactly the opposite when he is at the helm. Makes sense. Well in the trump world.
Spin it however u would like with your silence is golden but he clearly was not helpful during this deal....at all. And his childish tweets are not the mark of a good negotiator. They r the mark of a childish fool.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:46 PM   #44
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Id say that when the government shuts down or even nears shutdown the whole “deal process “ is not working. Everything he said in 2013 when Obama was at the helm is exactly the opposite when he is at the helm. Makes sense. Well in the trump world.
Spin it however u would like with your silence is golden but he clearly was not helpful during this deal....at all. And his childish tweets are not the mark of a good negotiator. They r the mark of a childish fool.
You can call it spin, but the government being closed Sat and Sunday was probably always the plan on both sides, there was no "real" pain from that, and both sides gauged how the spin was going. Clearly the Dems felt more heat, and after half a day were willing to walk back to the table with basically nothing.

Reagan was the "great communicator" but even he had to fire air traffic controllers to prove the point that he was willing to stand up to special interests. Trying to paint this as anything but a win for Trump and the republicans is ridiculous, and really shows how far the hatters gonna hat.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:53 PM   #45
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
G1, read immediately and let me know if you have any questions.
Lindsey Graham was giving his side of the exact situation he was part of.....that is a fact no matter how much you try to spin it.