Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-23-2020, 12:27 PM   #16
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
This is one of the things I'm seeing being passed around,some of my best friends believe this and some relatives.Whether you are Republican or Democrat I dont see how you can believe this.
So the story is the Democrats invented the virus and planted it because this would keep Trump from being re-elected.So the Dems have put the worlds economy in the dumper just to get rid of Trump.The believers of this story like to say that if the elections got postponed and Trump would stay Prez this whole virus thing would go away.

Now sometimes I will believe some crazy shit,but I just cant fathom this story being true
I am pretty sure the virus came from China as many of the ones transmitted from animals do, because of their wet markets and unsanitary habits associated with their diet. That being said the virus will get rid of Trump. First it is hard to defeat a sitting president when the economy is doing well. How everyone is reacting to the virus from the top down will send us into something worse than the last recession. The second dagger is his handling of the whole mess. Right now in the off shore books Biden and him are dead locked, when 3 weeks ago Biden was a 20-1 shot. Biden has all the momentum.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2020, 12:42 PM   #17
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I am pretty sure the virus came from China as many of the ones transmitted from animals do, because of their wet markets and unsanitary habits associated with their diet. That being said the virus will get rid of Trump. First it is hard to defeat a sitting president when the economy is doing well. How everyone is reacting to the virus from the top down will send us into something worse than the last recession. The second dagger is his handling of the whole mess. Right now in the off shore books Biden and him are dead locked, when 3 weeks ago Biden was a 20-1 shot. Biden has all the momentum.
Yep,I agree,that's why the diehard Trump supporters want to believe this is true about the dems planting the virus.(and even though the virus appears to have originated in China,that doesnt mean the dems didnt plant it there )
Old 03-23-2020, 01:29 PM   #18
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, bitch, you knew I was a snake."

China is a snake. I am not surprised they tried to downplay it. However, I can compartamentalize the various intertwined issues.

Yes, China sucks, has always sucked and will continue to suck and cannot be trusted.

Yes, it absolutely came from China and China downplayed it putting the entire planet at a higher risk.

Yes, we as americans can still criticize our government for the actions or inactions since they were put on notice.

Yes, there are some legit criticisms to be made.

I blame China up to January 23 or so. After that, we were on clear notice and we are responsible for our decisions made after that.

I can blame China for their part, and question my government for their part.

Criticizing trump does not equal sticking up for China. To take such a narrow view and then mandate everyone think or speak only in your terms and all others are "carrying Chinas water ..."

lol come on man.

thats such simpleton thinking. thats dumbing down this thing to a second grade level.
https://www.ghsindex.org/

Here you go and recently completed in October 2019 by John Hopkins- an authority - 2019 Global Health Security Index

It will give the rankings and all the data about being prepared. Yes we are number 1

What this doesn’t help explain how bad actors covered this up for around 75 days before they communicated it properly to the rest of the world. It’s tough to prepare against that...Doesn’t explain how China in late January hoarded all the respirators on the market.

It was too late to stop before whatever your start date to start yelling at the President. How many sick Chinese traveled outside their country by January 1st while China sat back?

I’m still old enough to remember the criticism by the media when he cut off China and then Europe.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:16 PM   #19
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Yep,I agree,that's why the diehard Trump supporters want to believe this is true about the dems planting the virus.(and even though the virus appears to have originated in China,that doesnt mean the dems didnt plant it there )
Trump was already sinking before the virus, that will just be a whole handful of nails in his coffin. Well before the mass hysteria, on March 3rd Virginia got about a 50% higher turnout than normal for a primary or off year election. That was driven by anti-Trump republicans going out to vote for Joe Biden and I was one of them.

I really don't know how many diehard supporters Trump has. I would truly be shocked if there were a lot. We all know how the media can project what they want. He caught lightning in a bottle to get elected. There were plenty of Republicans ripe to have flipped sides if it was anyone but Hillary. There were democrats that could not stand her that went write in, 3rd party or stayed home. He did run a smart campaign, not wasting time with states where he had no chance.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:28 PM   #20
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Trump was already sinking before the virus, that will just be a whole handful of nails in his coffin. Well before the mass hysteria, on March 3rd Virginia got about a 50% higher turnout than normal for a primary or off year election. That was driven by anti-Trump republicans going out to vote for Joe Biden and I was one of them.

I really don't know how many diehard supporters Trump has. I would truly be shocked if there were a lot. We all know how the media can project what they want. He caught lightning in a bottle to get elected. There were plenty of Republicans ripe to have flipped sides if it was anyone but Hillary. There were democrats that could not stand her that went write in, 3rd party or stayed home. He did run a smart campaign, not wasting time with states where he had no chance.
biden is a much better pick then Hillary; i don't see trump defeating biden.

If any thing good comes of this virus it will be the end of trumps reign.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:14 PM   #21
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
biden is a much better pick then Hillary; i don't see trump defeating biden.

If any thing good comes of this virus it will be the end of trumps reign.
biden looks hella lost

He Gets Us
Old 03-23-2020, 03:30 PM   #22
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:

I really don't know how many diehard supporters Trump has. I would truly be shocked if there were a lot
. We all know how the media can project what they want. He caught lightning in a bottle to get elected. There were plenty of Republicans ripe to have flipped sides if it was anyone but Hillary. There were democrats that could not stand her that went write in, 3rd party or stayed home. He did run a smart campaign, not wasting time with states where he had no chance.
Have you seen his rally's? I voted for Trump because I couldnt stand Hilary,and I dont feel much better about Biden.I recently made the mistake of criticizing Trump on Facebook and man was I attacked.In the past when I would see a broadcast that would mock Trump supporters,saying things like Trump could murder somebody and his supporters would defend him,and I would think that's b.s.,because I didnt feel that way.But after the reaction I received on FB I'm believing that to be true,there was no reasoning with them,they refused to believe facts.Just because you voted for him should not be a reason to defend him no matter what he's done,if he's made a mistake you should be able to call him out on it,not defend everything he's done
Old 03-23-2020, 03:34 PM   #23
MTK
\m/

Quote:
This is one of the things I'm seeing being passed around,some of my best friends believe this and some relatives.Whether you are Republican or Democrat I dont see how you can believe this.
So the story is the Democrats invented the virus and planted it because this would keep Trump from being re-elected.So the Dems have put the worlds economy in the dumper just to get rid of Trump.The believers of this story like to say that if the elections got postponed and Trump would stay Prez this whole virus thing would go away.

Now sometimes I will believe some crazy shit,but I just cant fathom this story being true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2020, 03:45 PM   #24
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

The surprising thing is I expected (and still expect) to see the reverse, for example: you notice that the hardest hit are mainly dem strongholds, and I expect, sadly, to see a strong republican narrative that dems health care cant protect their own, let alone the nation.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 05:06 PM   #25
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

This thread is such an embarrassment to our collective intelligence.

Chico, we all literally blame China. Now what? Do we need to focus America's collective might on punishing China, and that will stop the virus?

Or do you need to postpone thinking up ways to punish China and stop the goddamn virus first?

Every time I wonder how low Trump can go he surprises me. From the "I don't take responsibility at all" to now forcing states to bid against each other and the feds for critical supplies, it literally boggles my mind how anyone can think he's doing a great job of managing this crisis.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:29 PM   #26
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I had to confirm it was real. Hint: It was
Old 03-23-2020, 05:59 PM   #27
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Why can't these assholes just pass 2 separate bills? 1 immediately that gets cash in American's hands and 1 with all the other bullshit they are fighting over?? Bill 1 only needs 3 sentences:

1. All single filers get 1000 in April and May
2. All joint filers get 2000
3. 500 for each child

Or change the amount as needed. But the bill is done.

But nope. Let's have 300 things included in 1 giant bill and have a pissing match over it while every day Americans are suffering.

Fuck all of them.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 06:13 PM   #28
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Does anyone have a guess on when some of the restrictions may slightly be reduced? I realize there is a dangerous line to balance between trying to protect the health of the people, and trying to prevent the collapse of America.

To me, it seems that the lockdowns are not long-term feasible, and with a vaccine still 18 months away, there is no way they expect people to be out of work / hiding in their houses for 18 more months...
Old 03-23-2020, 08:29 PM   #29
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The surprising thing is I expected (and still expect) to see the reverse, for example: you notice that the hardest hit are mainly dem strongholds, and I expect, sadly, to see a strong republican narrative that dems health care cant protect their own, let alone the nation.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
No shock there as Democrats usually win the inner cities and they usually have a high population density. The more people per square mile the easier any airborne pathogen can spread in numbers of infected. Not sure what you are getting at.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:51 PM   #30
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This thread is such an embarrassment to our collective intelligence.

Chico, we all literally blame China. Now what? Do we need to focus America's collective might on punishing China, and that will stop the virus?

Or do you need to postpone thinking up ways to punish China and stop the goddamn virus first?

Every time I wonder how low Trump can go he surprises me. From the "I don't take responsibility at all" to now forcing states to bid against each other and the feds for critical supplies, it literally boggles my mind how anyone can think he's doing a great job of managing this crisis.
...and then you post a trump meme about something he said years ago...

Mooby, first thing is have patience and expect testing numbers to go way up as well as cases. 2nd thing, can your fucking generation stop traveling? It’s amazing how the constant bitch about not affording things, yet want to travel all the time. Y’all are spreading this shit. I know gas is a 1.80, I know plane tickets are the lowest since the 80s...3rd, stay in the house and obey local government. It’s no wonder nyc is full of Coronavirus, they refuse to stay inside. My bro in law says no one gives a shit, city been packed. 4th, stop policing speech it’s not spreading the disease or stopping it.

Everyone gonna have to be uncomfortable, just settle in and ride it out. I’m glad you are blaming China, their negligence have cost lives in a way that it’s like an act of war. Just think of all the sick people they exported. Italy has traced patient zero to a Chinese couple traveling...my sister’s nanny up in Connecticut is from a town in Northern Italy, her parents’ longtime neighbor died Sunday...early fifties. China has blood on their hands across the world.

He Gets Us