Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-24-2020, 10:29 PM   #46
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
If you think this is going to make any Trumper reconsider their views, I have some oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you.
No ,just pointing out his loyal cult listens to what he says even thought the Dr. standing right next to him said point blank there is no prof that the drug worked or helped at all.................none .They still took it becuase trump said so ,now hubby is dead. All I'm pointing out.

Advertisements
Old 03-26-2020, 04:57 AM   #47
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
No ,just pointing out his loyal cult listens to what he says even thought the Dr. standing right next to him said point blank there is no prof that the drug worked or helped at all.................none .They still took it becuase trump said so ,now hubby is dead. All I'm pointing out.
GiantOne is the NYT of this site. Post some outrageous bullshit without any facts and then doesn't say anything when its proven his post was a real John Denver, full of shit.

https://reason.com/2020/03/24/chloro...arizona-death/

There are more links than this if you don't put "I hate Trump/give me Trump hating news" as your search queue.

Anything can kill you, especially if you just make up your own drug and/or dosage. You are just a TDS fucking liar. And you're not even a Redskins fan. There has to be some Giants fans you can annoy the fuck out of with your TDS propaganda.

Trump nor anyone else ever said - This drug works magically, you can even drink fish tank cleaner.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:37 AM   #48
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
GiantOne is the NYT of this site. Post some outrageous bullshit without any facts and then doesn't say anything when its proven his post was a real John Denver, full of shit.

https://reason.com/2020/03/24/chloro...arizona-death/

There are more links than this if you don't put "I hate Trump/give me Trump hating news" as your search queue.

Anything can kill you, especially if you just make up your own drug and/or dosage. You are just a TDS fucking liar. And you're not even a Redskins fan. There has to be some Giants fans you can annoy the fuck out of with your TDS propaganda.

Trump nor anyone else ever said - This drug works magically, you can even drink fish tank cleaner.
LOL, you link, your post, still don't disprove anything I posted .Your spin is as you are, is pathetic . NEVER SAID TRUMP TOLD THE MAN TO DRINK ANYTHING . People like you are the problem .You need to see trump for what he is and not scream and cry when someone points out just how bad he is ,it isn't TDS it's .....called the truth and the trump cult like yourself refuse to accept it,trump is a fuckinging moron who has officially screwed this country up .
Old 03-26-2020, 06:45 AM   #49
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

sd, I know you want to absolve Trump of blame because this couple wasn't smart enough to understand fish tank cleaner can and will kill you, but idk why you can't acknowledge Trump is not nearly smart enough to be standing up there talking about anything science related.

Obviously the massive majority of the blame needs to go on the couple that heard Trump speak and thought "oh my fish tank cleaner has that, let's dilute it and try it out."

But you can at least acknowledge Trump has no business whatsoever talking about anything science related. If he was smart he would literally say "science is not my field of expertise, I am deferring all technical/science related questions to the qualified personnel." Instead he's up there talking about potential miracle cures that qualified people do not support whatsoever. He's selling false hope to those of us who aren't smart enough to understand better.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:57 AM   #50
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
But you can at least acknowledge Trump has no business whatsoever talking about anything science related.
and thats the reason his daily press conferences have been moved to after the markets close this week.

thats no coincidence.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:04 AM   #51
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
sd, I know you want to absolve Trump of blame because this couple wasn't smart enough to understand fish tank cleaner can and will kill you, but idk why you can't acknowledge Trump is not nearly smart enough to be standing up there talking about anything science related.

Obviously the massive majority of the blame needs to go on the couple that heard Trump speak and thought "oh my fish tank cleaner has that, let's dilute it and try it out."

But you can at least acknowledge Trump has no business whatsoever talking about anything science related. If he was smart he would literally say "science is not my field of expertise, I am deferring all technical/science related questions to the qualified personnel." Instead he's up there talking about potential miracle cures that qualified people do not support whatsoever. He's selling false hope to those of us who aren't smart enough to understand better.
I agree with this. It's part of his diarrhea of the mouth. But this is 99.99% on those 2. You don't make your own drugs because you heard about the name of it on TV. It's 2020, there are a million ways to look up how stupid that is.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:07 AM   #52
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I agree with this. It's part of his diarrhea of the mouth. But this is 99.99% on those 2. You don't make your own drugs because you heard about the name of it on TV. It's 2020, there are a million ways to look up how stupid that is.
I agree to a degree. What these people apparently did was not logical.

But you do have trump selling these false positives, avoiding talking about the real negatives ... with the apparent only interest in stemming the stock market declines.

Question:

Would this couple try the chlorine if Trump didnt say what he said at his press conferences?

no. the answer is no, they would not.

so there is that
Old 03-26-2020, 11:08 AM   #53
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:

Not trying to absolve him of anything. But I'm tired of every single thing being put on him. None of the post here mentioned anything about how stupid their idea was, so therefore, the context of the discussion is wrong imo.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:13 AM   #54
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I agree to a degree. What these people apparently did was not logical.

But you do have trump selling these false positives, avoiding talking about the real negatives ... with the apparent only interest in stemming the stock market declines.

Question:

Would this couple try the chlorine if Trump didnt say what he said at his press conferences?

no. the answer is no, they would not.

so there is that
I would have to research more about the actual real drugs he was talking about, not the fish tank cleaner. But aren't there quite a few articles out there that talk about the real potential of them? And they are researching it in terms of actually prescribing real doses?

Anyways, we can agree to disagree. But at a minimum they share a chunk of the blame.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:50 AM   #55
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The fish cleaning agent story is complete dishonesty by the media.

We do here understand that Hydroxychloroquine has worked to combat and lead to the recovery of people here with the China virus? One Washington state man who is 55, it was credited with saving his life.

But we wouldn’t expected the shithole media publish stories about this right?

Let’s be a little more honest and not so cowardly that you only post stories of obviously mentally ill or just stupid people who take fish cleaning agents and then pin it on the president.

We know the treatment has worked for some under the care of physicians. Period. So please, back yall high-fiving the death of person to own the President. Keep that division up.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:23 PM   #56
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/26/n...lege-doomsday/

Renowned epidemiologist Neil Ferguson of the Imperial College suggested in his model last week the U.S. and the U.K. would have to continue to shut down for 18 months to avoid catastrophic death, but testified in front of the U.K’s Parliamentary select committee on science and technology earlier this week that he expects the country to be able to flatten the curve within 2-3 weeks. The Imperial College predicted that over 500,000 people could die in the U.K., and over two million could die in the U.S., but Ferguson said he now expects the death toll in Britain to be under 20,000, according to NewScientist.

Former New York Times reporter Alex Borenson called Ferguson’s revised predictions a “remarkable turn,” and noted that Ferguson himself has tested positive for the virus.

The UK only began its lockdown 2 days ago, and the theory is that lockdowns take 2 weeks or more to work,” Borenson said. “Not surprisingly, this testimony has received no attention in the US – I found it only in UK papers. Team Apocalypse is not interested.”

SO this shit went viral...and now he is doing a complete 180, shouldn't he be fired?

He Gets Us
Old 03-26-2020, 01:11 PM   #57
Giantone
Gamebreaker

chico you're full of shit as usal . this is about trumps BS and nothing more no matter how you try to spin it!

https://nypost.com/2020/03/21/trump-...t-coronavirus/

Trump urges Americans to take ‘game changing’ drug cocktail to fight coronavirus

President Trump continued Saturday to tout a promising, but still unproven cocktail of drugs should be used “immediately” in the battle to contain COVID-19.

“HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine. The FDA has moved mountains – Thank You!,” Trump tweeted Saturday morning. “Hopefully they will BOTH … be put in use IMMEDIATELY. PEOPLE ARE DYING, MOVE FAST, and GOD BLESS EVERYONE!”

The president made sure to tag the official accounts of Centers for Disease Control, the Food and Drug Administration, the Department of Homeland Security and FDA boss Stephen Hahn.

Earlier in the week, Trump said hydroxychloroquine was among the drugs being tested for treating coronavirus, but his FDA chief said it’s too soon to say when.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the most visible member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, agreed — to a point.

“The president is talking about hope for people and it’s not an unreasonable thing to hope for people,” Fauci said. “My job as a scientist … is to ultimately prove without a doubt that a drug is not only safe, but that it actually works,” he added.

“Those two things are really not incompatible when you think about it, particularly when you’re in an arena where you don’t have anything that’s proven,” Fauci said.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:41 PM   #58
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
chico you're full of shit as usal . this is about trumps BS and nothing more no matter how you try to spin it!

https://nypost.com/2020/03/21/trump-...t-coronavirus/

Trump urges Americans to take ‘game changing’ drug cocktail to fight coronavirus

President Trump continued Saturday to tout a promising, but still unproven cocktail of drugs should be used “immediately” in the battle to contain COVID-19.

“HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine. The FDA has moved mountains – Thank You!,” Trump tweeted Saturday morning. “Hopefully they will BOTH … be put in use IMMEDIATELY. PEOPLE ARE DYING, MOVE FAST, and GOD BLESS EVERYONE!”

The president made sure to tag the official accounts of Centers for Disease Control, the Food and Drug Administration, the Department of Homeland Security and FDA boss Stephen Hahn.

Earlier in the week, Trump said hydroxychloroquine was among the drugs being tested for treating coronavirus, but his FDA chief said it’s too soon to say when.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the most visible member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, agreed — to a point.

“The president is talking about hope for people and it’s not an unreasonable thing to hope for people,” Fauci said. “My job as a scientist … is to ultimately prove without a doubt that a drug is not only safe, but that it actually works,” he added.

“Those two things are really not incompatible when you think about it, particularly when you’re in an arena where you don’t have anything that’s proven,” Fauci said.
lol he never said to take these drugs. Was he hyping these drugs, yes...leave that to the doctors. Trump shouldn't be talking anything medical related...lol.

Under doctors supervision in some cases, hydroxychloroquine has worked against the china virus and lead to recovery. Doctors using a cocktail in unison of Tamiflu, z-pack and then hydroxchoroquine. I know you get mad about that...for some reason. I guess you just hate the President to the point you hate to see this work.

He Gets Us
Old 03-26-2020, 02:12 PM   #59
Burgold
Special Teams

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..let tell ya'll something,the ain't no-Republicans-there ain't no Democrats-it's the HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS,THAT'S IT!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:14 PM   #60
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
lol he never said to take these drugs. Was he hyping these drugs, yes...leave that to the doctors. Trump shouldn't be talking anything medical related...lol.

Under doctors supervision in some cases, hydroxychloroquine has worked against the china virus and lead to recovery. Doctors using a cocktail in unison of Tamiflu, z-pack and then hydroxchoroquine. I know you get mad about that...for some reason. I guess you just hate the President to the point you hate to see this work.
Chico this is a ridiculous post and you're better than this.

1) don't call it a China virus, it makes no sense. It's name is COVID-19. You sound like a moron who just likes to say the same shit Trump says. Or you're just doing it to tweak people. In which case I applaud you.

2) Everyone knows that a leader's words are very powerful. There are a lot of sheep out there, so if he says to take a certain mix of drugs, someone will. Well someone did and they died. You can't defend Trump's tweet on this subject with any credibility.

3) There's no scientific basis for taking the drugs you mentioned. That's not how doctors are treating this thing.