Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Bucs Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who gets your game ball for the Skins 16-3 win over the Bucs?
J. Norman 5 23.81%
P. Smith 0 0%
R. Anderson 4 19.05%
G. Stroman 2 9.52%
A. Peterson 1 4.76%
T. Way 7 33.33%
other 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #166
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
Jay Gruden had an explosive offense. He blew that up in favor of his new shitty offense with the new shitty qb that he wanted. Since he's been here this team has had a below average running game. I haven't seen not one thing Jay Gruden has done that warrants giving him any credit. Don't let the 6-3 record fool you. This is not a good football team. Jay Gruden is not a good coach.
What u talking bout Willis? The Redskins D is the best it’s been since probably the early 90’s, they are young and need to learn to be consistent. Offense is pretty damn good (one of the best OL’s before the injuries). RB where’s Guice? Out for the year, AP doing a solid job. I would like to see AP, Bibbs and CT with a 123 punch. My gripe has been inconsistency and bad tackling, those can be fixed. Did you forget the Zorn/Spurrier years? Those were shitty teams.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-13-2018, 10:30 AM   #167
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
Jay Gruden had an explosive offense. He blew that up in favor of his new shitty offense with the new shitty qb that he wanted. Since he's been here this team has had a below average running game. I haven't seen not one thing Jay Gruden has done that warrants giving him any credit. Don't let the 6-3 record fool you. This is not a good football team. Jay Gruden is not a good coach.
Not saying he is Joe Gibb but right now he's winning with what he has...

Gosh I swear some of you deserve to be sent back to 2010 and watch Rex Grossman start after Donovan F'nin McNabb was benched and we could not run the ball and we had like 3 players who could play proper defense (Fletcher, Orakpo and Hall)... THAT was some great management and coaching right ?

Some of you act like we just had an area of greatness and now we're stuck with a mediocre coach...
Truth is we are slowly but steadily crawling out of an area of awfulness with an average coach who could have gone 3 years without a losing record minus last year's injury bug.

We get it, Jay is average, and if we have a losing record he should be gone. I agree with that. I do.

But if we win the division and a playoff game (and he shouldn't keep his job with less than that), no matter how ""ugly"" it is, ask yourself who's going to come here after he's gone ? Who's going to want the job in DC if winning gets you fired ?
Old 11-13-2018, 10:34 AM   #168
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

For HTTR198020:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...18-draft-class

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-13-2018, 10:44 AM   #169
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

For me, I actually like Gruden. My biggest knock on him is in-game adjustments, but overall I have zero desire to get rid of him. We're winning, the team has played like one for the most part since he's been here. Many times everyone acts like any new coach we get is suddenly going to be leaps and bounds better.

Unless we get some gem from the college tanks, I can't see anyone currently employed in the NFL who could be a lot better.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:04 PM   #170
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Gameplan helped give up 500 yards. Watching the film now, our corners were 10 yards off the ball on most snaps, basically using the bend dont break approach. Luckily we caused TO's .
Old 11-13-2018, 01:23 PM   #171
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Gameplan helped give up 500 yards. Watching the film now, our corners were 10 yards off the ball on most snaps, basically using the bend dont break approach. Luckily we caused TO's .
On Cooley's podcast, Manusky told the defense that is they held the Tampa Bay to field goals they would win.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 01:47 PM   #172
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
On Cooley's podcast, Manusky told the defense that is they held the Tampa Bay to field goals they would win.
Makes sense on tape, also this number 58 kid is FAST! Where did he come from?
Old 11-13-2018, 02:37 PM   #173
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Makes sense on tape, also this number 58 kid is FAST! Where did he come from?
McKinzy was there all throughput training camp

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #174
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
McKinzy was there all throughput training camp
Well we need to use him more
Old 11-13-2018, 06:29 PM   #175
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Not saying he is Joe Gibb but right now he's winning with what he has...

Gosh I swear some of you deserve to be sent back to 2010 and watch Rex Grossman start after Donovan F'nin McNabb was benched and we could not run the ball and we had like 3 players who could play proper defense (Fletcher, Orakpo and Hall)... THAT was some great management and coaching right ?

Some of you act like we just had an area of greatness and now we're stuck with a mediocre coach...
Truth is we are slowly but steadily crawling out of an area of awfulness with an average coach who could have gone 3 years without a losing record minus last year's injury bug.

We get it, Jay is average, and if we have a losing record he should be gone. I agree with that. I do.

But if we win the division and a playoff game (and he shouldn't keep his job with less than that), no matter how ""ugly"" it is, ask yourself who's going to come here after he's gone ? Who's going to want the job in DC if winning gets you fired ?
Got to disagree. I think winning the division should warrant keeping his job. We have not had a coach that has won two divisional titles since Joe Gibbs won his 5th in 1991. I don't know if you extend him beyond his 2020 contract, I would wait one more year, but I wouldn't fire him.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:31 AM   #176
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Got to disagree. I think winning the division should warrant keeping his job. We have not had a coach that has won two divisional titles since Joe Gibbs won his 5th in 1991. I don't know if you extend him beyond his 2020 contract, I would wait one more year, but I wouldn't fire him.
Good point. With all the offseason talk about Gruden's seat being hot this year, I wasn't sure what was his contract, should've checked. Anyway, I agree, seems reasonable.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:15 AM   #177
MTK
\m/

I don't think we've given enough credit to the coaching staff for working through all the OL injuries and actually putting together an admirable performance against the Bucs. Bravo to Gruden and Callahan.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:34 AM   #178
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I don't think we've given enough credit to the coaching staff for working through all the OL injuries and actually putting together an admirable performance against the Bucs. Bravo to Gruden and Callahan.
And Phil Rauscher:

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status...038736897?s=21

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-14-2018, 10:39 AM   #179
MTK
\m/

I know it's way too early but I wonder if Cooper could work out here long term. He's only 28, there's still a chance he could pan out.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:41 AM   #180
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I know it's way too early but I wonder if Cooper could work out here long term. He's only 28, there's still a chance he could pan out.
He’s been injury prone his whole career, hopefully he can stay healthy. Let’s give him a few games.

Purveyor of fine Filth