Redskins Quick Hitters: Yes, they are this bad

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #16
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Redskins Quick Hitters: Yes, they are this bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
Rest assured, I'll be here to take the beating I know is coming.

I don't want to be negative. I've been a fan of this team for as long as I can recall and I've spent a small fortune on tickets and merchandise on them. I've also spent an incredible amount of my personal time [just ask my wife!] on this team. I want them to win. I really do. But I can't deny the things I see with my own two eyes. I don't mind if people disagree with everything I write, but at least acknowledge that I love the Skins as much as you do.
I was one of those who criticized your preview of the Lion's game because I thought it was overly harsh but I never questioned your loyalty to the Skins.

Now I think I should tell you that I have no problem whatsoever with your autopsy of the Skins after the Lion's debacle. If anything, you went easy on them.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #17
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
it all begins with the O and D lines. The Skins lines just arent playing very well. I hate to admit it but I Buges has to go, Ive said it before. I love the guy, and he is funny as hell, but since he has been the O-line coach, the skins have not been that great. There is just nothing fluid about this team at all.
Slow down one second. Joe Bugel can only coach up the level talent the Redskins provide him. One Lineman drafted in first two rounds since 2000? 2 Lineman in top 3 over last 5 to 6 years. Buges can only work with what is given to him.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #18
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Perhaps not. But you're guess that he'll be on the bench doesn't make sense unless we acquire someone who can play.

I'd be in the market for a quarterback if someone was willing to sell a system cast off (such as Tavaris Jackson) for the bargain basement price of a 7th round pick. But unless we acquire someone, Campbell has the whole season. That's just the way it is, dude.
Maybe thats the way it is in your mind. But then again your probably just confused.

If I recall correctly the back up to JC at this time also happens to be the last QB that lead this team to the playoffs. Collins can easily take this team over if there is a shake up and do a fine job.

Thats the facts, dude.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #19
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Maybe thats the way it is in your mind. But then again your probably just confused.

If I recall correctly the back up to JC at this time also happens to be the last QB that lead this team to the playoffs. Collins can easily take this team over if there is a shake up and do a fine job.

Thats the facts, dude.
Surely you're not suggesting that Todd Collins is a solution to our points issue? Because that would be completely insane.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:18 PM   #20
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Surely you're not suggesting that Todd Collins is a solution to our points issue? Because that would be completely insane.
Todd Collins? When was the last time we beat the Giants? Oh yeah, it was when Collins was the QB. When was the last time we snuck into the play offs? That's right, Todd Collins was the QB. I'm not sticking up for Soup anymore.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:20 PM   #21
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Todd Collins? When was the last time we beat the Giants? Oh yeah, it was when Collins was the QB. When was the last time we snuck into the play offs? That's right, Todd Collins was the QB. I'm not sticking up for Soup anymore.
But the last time we won the super bowl, Mark Rypien was the quarterback. Lets bring him back. After all, the point of offense is to try to relive the past. That's why the Raiders have been so good this year.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #22
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
But the last time we won the super bowl, Mark Rypien was the quarterback. Lets bring him back. After all, the point of offense is to try to relive the past. That's why the Raiders have been so good this year.
Let's get Hogs back together, and Riggo too!
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #23
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNRA View Post
The handwriting was on the wall last year. This team under Campbell has not scored 30 points in 19 games. That's the facts. If he finishes the season he will be on the bench waiting to be released.
And he won't be picked up by ANY team that intends to start him. Blame it on him, blame it on his situation, whatever. The job never got done on his watch. Life ain't always fair. But there isn't one other team in the NFL that would sign JC to be their guaranteed starter. The best he would get is a chance to compete for a starting job for some shitty team like the Browns, Raiders, Rams, etc.

And I would venture to say that the personnel departments of every other team in the NFL is vastly more qualified at evaluating talent than anyone logging time on this board.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #24
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
And he won't be picked up by ANY team that intends to start him. Blame it on him, blame it on his situation, whatever. The job never got done on his watch. Life ain't always fair. But there isn't one other team in the NFL that would sign JC to be their guaranteed starter. The best he would get is a chance to compete for a starting job for some shitty team like the Browns, Raiders, Rams, etc.

And I would venture to say that the personnel departments of every other team in the NFL is vastly more qualified at evaluating talent than anyone logging time on this board.
Yeah, blame that m'f'er!! How dare he throw for over 300 yds and 2 TDs!!! He should've thrown for 600 yds and 6 TDs!!!! He sucks!!
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #25
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
If Rypien was on the bench I'd play him. We as Redskins fans have no right to bash other teams right now.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #26
redsk1
The Starter

Thank you for telling it like it is and that's how it is at the end of week 3.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:47 PM   #27
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

One of the very first things I would do if I were Zorn, since it is clear he wont be fired, is call players like Fred Smoot, Carlos Rogers, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly into my office one on one and ask them to tell me why they deserve to be on the field on Sunday. Time for some accountability.

Throw a guy lie Marko Mitchell in the game. If he doesn't make the catch, you are no worse off than what you are getting from Thomas and Kelly. Throw Westbrook and Tryon in. They will play no worse than Smoot.

We are stuck with Zorn, Zorn is stuck here. The best way to move forward is hold players accountable and give others opportunities. Like BMitch said, some of these guys are looking like they dont want to play. Someone like Marko Mitchel or Byron Westbrook would love the opportunity to prove themselves.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:47 PM   #28
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

Great article thank you.