can WE now start a countdown to a new coach and qb

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-13-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
roth74va
Special Teams

Re: can WE now start a countdown to a new coach and qb

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
It's hard to win when the qb throws an interception putting the opposing team in great field position (eventually leading to a td) AND fumbles, which is returned for a td.
The interception was on the other end of the field, they were actually driving when he threw the pick. I really though Tana could have made a better attempt at coming back to the ball, the Giant CB sure did!
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
Eknox
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth74va View Post
The interception was on the other end of the field, they were actually driving when he threw the pick. I really though Tana could have made a better attempt at coming back to the ball, the Giant CB sure did!
I think Campbell should have taken the yards instead of forcing it to a covered receiver. Just think if he had taken care o the ball we win..I still haven't given up on him, but wow he looked like Stafford (Lions QB) confused.
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eknox View Post
I think Campbell should have taken the yards instead of forcing it to a covered receiver. Just think if he had taken care o the ball we win..I still haven't given up on him, but wow he looked like Stafford (Lions QB) confused.
He should have run the ball. Especially since he seemed to change his mind in the middle of the run.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
It's hard to win when the qb throws an interception putting the opposing team in great field position (eventually leading to a td) AND fumbles, which is returned for a td.

That's 14 out of 23 points that Campbell's mistakes directly can be blamed for. There's no excusing that.
Um. No. Things don't work like this.

If you want to use expected points, you can only put 3 on Campbell per INT. I mean, hell, they didn't even score off that turnover. You can dock him something for the fumble as well, but remember that he's not necessarily responsible for the recovery or the tackle, especially after the sack.

If Campbell turned the ball over no times, we might have saved 7 points. But a lot of that's just circumstance.

I'm fully aware the defense didn't give up 7 of those 23 points. But they also didn't let the offense on the field for the majority of the first half. That's on them.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #5
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Um. No. Things don't work like this.

If you want to use expected points, you can only put 3 on Campbell per INT. I mean, hell, they didn't even score off that turnover. You can dock him something for the fumble as well, but remember that he's not necessarily responsible for the recovery or the tackle, especially after the sack.

If Campbell turned the ball over no times, we might have saved 7 points. But a lot of that's just circumstance.

I'm fully aware the defense didn't give up 7 of those 23 points. But they also didn't let the offense on the field for the majority of the first half. That's on them.
What it was the O that kept the D on the field most of the game. The 7 points was on JC and the fact he has no clue how to use the pocket. He freaking rols right into 1/2 of his sacks.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #6
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
What it was the O that kept the D on the field most of the game. The 7 points was on JC and the fact he has no clue how to use the pocket. He freaking rols right into 1/2 of his sacks.
firstdown, you're very full of shit. Pardon the language, there's just no other way to put it.

You can't ignore 10-15 play drives by the Giants BEFORE THE OFFENSE WAS ON THE FIELD for the first time. You can't.

Unless you didn't see the game. Stop watching the gametrack on NFL.com and use your TV.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:

That's 14 out of 23 points that Campbell's mistakes directly can be blamed for. There's no excusing that.
I put that pick on Moss he has to comeback to the ball or swat the ball down the fumble is 100% JC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #8
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

didn't Eli do exactly the same thing and our offense didn't capitalize?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:59 PM   #9
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Campbell threw for 8.11 YPA and 73% completion.

He also turned the ball over twice.

If you can't win with that kind of QB production, you're never going to win. If Zorn doesn't adopt a more pass-heavy offensive philosophy, it's hard to see them scoring more points then they did today.
I almost didn't even read this thread. Because of the title, I didn't expect anything intelligent to be said, just a lot of hatin'. Then GTripp had to write this ^. The Giants set themselves up to stop the run and had a depleted secondary. When Campbell did pass, he was pretty successful. The INT was a poor decision but that DB couldn't make that play again to save his ass. ARE had a great game but where was Kelly, DT, Mitchell, Davis? From what I saw we rarely had any 3 WR sets. At some point Zorn is going to have to take the reigns off and let these guys play.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:05 PM   #10
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I almost didn't even read this thread. Because of the title, I didn't expect anything intelligent to be said, just a lot of hatin'. Then GTripp had to write this ^. The Giants set themselves up to stop the run and had a depleted secondary. When Campbell did pass, he was pretty successful. The INT was a poor decision but that DB couldn't make that play again to save his ass. ARE had a great game but where was Kelly, DT, Mitchell, Davis? From what I saw we rarely had any 3 WR sets. At some point Zorn is going to have to take the reigns off and let these guys play.
Sometimes it's hard to be optimistic bro.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #11
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Sometimes it's hard to be optimistic bro.
It's one game Tramp. How many other teams would have gone into the Giants stadium and won on opening day? Some maybe but certainly not the majority of teams. We'll make corrections just like last year. For some reason we seem to use the first game as a "Learning Experience". Someone needs to tell Coach the first game counts too. I wasn't crazy about running when we should have been passing.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:23 PM   #12
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
It's one game Tramp. How many other teams would have gone into the Giants stadium and won on opening day? Some maybe but certainly not the majority of teams. We'll make corrections just like last year. For some reason we seem to use the first game as a "Learning Experience". Someone needs to tell Coach the first game counts too. I wasn't crazy about running when we should have been passing.
EXACTLY.............AND we went to there house and played them toe to toe. It was not a route, but rather a.........semi-competative game. Not to many teams will be able to say that at the end of the season against these guys. We will improvise, adapt and overcome!
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS............
It really will be ok.....
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:23 PM   #13
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Good post.. I was wondering same thing about the playcalling, as well.. I'm sort of excited about ARE moving back to slot position, it seems he's doing very well.. He definitely will have good season if the 1st game was just the beginning.. I sure hope to see a LOT more of Kelly, Thomas and Davis later throughout the season..

As for Zorn; all I can say that I guess his inexperience of coaching shows.. Zorn obviously has the characters to be successful coach, but perhaps jumping to coach from QB coach instead of O coordinator is too much..
GridIron26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #14
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Good post.. I was wondering same thing about the playcalling, as well.. I'm sort of excited about ARE moving back to slot position, it seems he's doing very well.. He definitely will have good season if the 1st game was just the beginning.. I sure hope to see a LOT more of Kelly, Thomas and Davis later throughout the season..

As for Zorn; all I can say that I guess his inexperience of coaching shows.. Zorn obviously has the characters to be successful coach, but perhaps jumping to coach from QB coach instead of O coordinator is too much..
Obviously? Do tell.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #15
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Obviously? Do tell.
He works with coaches well.. He works with players well (I think?) He stands in his own position, doesn't bend down for any players.. And beside, don't you ever get the vibe from him that he could be a good one..
GridIron26 is online now   Reply With Quote