Defense = Disappointment

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #16
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Re: Defense = Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Kareem Moore take some of Landry's snaps at FS.

Brandon Jacobs called Landry out after the game. I could not disagree with what he had to say. I'd like to see Landry play under a little more control, and a little better discipline.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #17
wilsowilso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Brandon Jacobs called Landry out after the game. I could not disagree with what he had to say. I'd like to see Landry play under a little more control, and a little better discipline.
I heard that Blache was going to bench Landry at one point during the game, but he couldn't find him for he had forgotten that he keeps Landry a quarter mile from the line of scrimmage in order to protect our coverage corners who only play a mere 12 yards off the line.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:23 PM   #18
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Like GTripp said the Giants offense didn't early much (single digits), rather we just gave the house away.

- I hope Orakpo actually makes the transition to SLB or we are screwed defensively. He's lost when in space and doesn't have a nose for the ball...as in it's obvious he's used to just chasing the passer.

- Hall was effing unbelievably bad. Not much else to say.

- Rocky and Fletcher are the heart of the defense from what I can tell.

- We still don't get Jack for pressure on the QB. Daniels is worthless as a pass-rusher and increasingly suspect as a run stopper cuz he just doesn't have the quickness now.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #19
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
I heard that Blache was going to bench Landry at one point during the game, but he couldn't find him for he had forgotten that he keeps Landry a quarter mile from the line of scrimmage in order to protect our coverage corners who only play a mere 12 yards off the line.
Lnadry hasn't been the same since he got trucked. Seriously. The year before he was picking off passes and defending passes. I dont know what changed in the scheme. But we need to get him back to the player he was. Because he has't improved yearly.

I agree with you. Everyone stays 20 yards off the receivers. That's why teams can complete 3 and 15+ on us like it is nothing. I hate when we have a team on 3rd down and on the next play a WR or TE is wide open 5 yards pass the first down marker for a frist down. This happens so many times. We looked horrible on runs to the outside. I am goign to tell you what our defense is. We stop people in the redzone and force them to field goals. That's our strongest suit. But we need to get back to some three and outs.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:33 PM   #20
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Well, it's really obvious that the biggest problem for this team today was the defense. Any discussion of why we lost has to start with the defense not being able to get off the field. Two turnovers is good. Andre Carter and LaRon Landry each made a play. So far, we're creating the big plays.

But it's going to be tough to get off the field all year with Smoot and Hall. We had trouble getting off the field at the end of last year, and that was when we had Shawn Springs in the starting lineup.

No one is going to throw at Carlos Rogers this year, so we might need to get in the market for a cover corner.

I thought Rocky Mac played a really good game today. But when we start 3 guys who can't play man coverage on defense, we might have to go zone. It doesn't seem like we have a choice.
Defense? Wow, you just washed yourself out. They had two turnovers and stuffed them on a 4th down on the goal line. They bent but didn't break. This loss is all on the offense.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:33 PM   #21
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I really think a big issue was our corners trying to push a receiver out of bounds instead of hitting/tackling him. I miss Williams hard ass mentality.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:36 PM   #22
wilsowilso

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Defense? Wow, you just washed yourself out. They had two turnovers and stuffed them on a 4th down on the goal line. They bent but didn't break. This loss is all on the offense.
I honestly think Greg Blache could lose his job at some point during this season. The defense was pretty bad except for the three things that you mentioned.
Our third down play was horrendous just like last year.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #23
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Well, they bent. And they bent. Then they broke. And they bent again. And again. And then, well, the game ended.

The defense played a good third quarter when they held the Giants completely scoreless, but three bad quarters a good unit does not make.

The defense was obviously the big problem. I mean, c'mon, lets not kid ourselves.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:41 PM   #24
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

GTripp, you always rip the defense, and in this particular game, I agree to a point. However, the offense is predictable and never puts up even an NFL average as far as points go, at some point we need to help our defense by not going 3 and out.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #25
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Was that the .......West Coast Defense???
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:43 PM   #26
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Was that the .......West Coast Defense???

Hopefully they leave this defense in the back of the playbook from now on.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:44 PM   #27
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Well, they bent. And they bent. Then they broke. And they bent again. And again. And then, well, the game ended.

The defense played a good third quarter when they held the Giants completely scoreless, but three bad quarters a good unit does not make.

The defense was obviously the big problem. I mean, c'mon, lets not kid ourselves.
Really? Cause here I was thinking the offense fumbled the ball which was returned for a TD, threw an INT, and allowed 3 sacks. They couldn't even move the ball to give the defense a breather.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #28
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Lets see, we have "Offense=Disappointment," and "Defense=Disappointment."

Where's the "Special Teams=Disappointment," and "HC=Disappointment."?
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #29
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
GTripp, you always rip the defense, and in this particular game, I agree to a point. However, the offense is predictable and never puts up even an NFL average as far as points go, at some point we need to help our defense by not going 3 and out.
I'm not very tolerable of bad defenses especially when you spend as much money and draft picks as we spent on this one.

This thread is called 'Defense = Disappointment' though, so my defensive thoughts are going here. And you can't argue with the fact that our defense didn't play well enough to win today. The offense might have been just as disappointing, but it was a lot better today.

Again, we'll discuss that in another thread.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #30
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

We will be bringing in a veteran corner at some time this year...and probably derrick brooks too and move orakpo to phillip daniels DE spot. I just know this, because we will keep getting beat by average WR's with Sh*tty CB's. Our defense however was NOT the reason we lost this game. It was without question JC.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote