Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Did D. Hall Just Blast Zorn and the Inept Offense?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-22-2009, 11:24 PM   #61
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Re: Did D. Hall Just Blast Zorn and the Inept Offense?

Even Sonny's blasting Zorn:

"Third down, I'm the quarterback, and you call the halfback throwing the ball for me, I'm calling timeout or calling an audible," Jurgensen said. "I'm not letting the halfback throw it. That's what you pay me for."
"Well, then, I would have to take you out of the game," Zorn countered. "As soon as you called timeout, I'd say what's wrong with my play, because...."
"It didn't work!" Jurgensen interrupted.
There was a long pause.
"No, but I called it to work. All right?" Zorn said. "We called it to work. It didn't work. There were a lot of plays out there that didn't work. And I'd take you out of the game. Sorry, Sonny."
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-22-2009, 11:35 PM   #62
Pocket$ $traight

Zorn better win the division if he wants to have a job here next year.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:20 AM   #63
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I agree. Hall "blasted" Zorn but he did it by being honest and stating the obvious. The offense is horrible, most noteably due to Zorn's horrible game calling, playcalling, and game management skills. As far as i'm concerned, Zorn cannot be fired (or preferably just demoted) soon enough.

This will definitely be the last year he ever serves as a head coach or calls plays. I do think he is what Mike Holmgren knew he was - an excellent QB coach. But that's all he is. He's in way over his head and he's holding the team back.
Thats the same old sh*t the St. Louis Rams fans were saying when Dick Vermil came back to coaching with the Rams. Remember? The fans wanted to run his old ass out of town but the Owner stuck with him and he turned that sorry ass Organization into a Super Bowl winner. They had the greatest show on turf. Its about giving a Coach time to teach , and aquire his guys to fit his coaching style. In Washington people want it now but it doesnt always happen over night. Lets support our team and give Zorn at least until the end of this season to evaluate his coaching job. Its Week 2 and we have dumbass fans calling for him to be fired. Marty started out 0-8 and we finsihed 8-8 and he was let go. He did go on to San Diego and have some success. We blamed Synder for firing Marty to soon,well here we are again folks what do you want a team that has some stability or a revolving door of Head Coaches? If you can't stand to be patient then get off the wagon and support some other team.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:24 AM   #64
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth74va View Post
Totally agree, well said!
When did D.Hall become the teams spokensperson? He has been here for a minute after the sorry as Raiders let him go. Hall SFU and do your Job. His ass out there tackling like he is Pillow fighting.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:25 AM   #65
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Zorn went for it on 4th down, got them close and the offense couldn't punch it in. That's taking risks. We were 0-5 in the redzone. Zorn can take some of the blame not all the blame.
I agree on that. How about the O-line block someone.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:32 AM   #66
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Agreed. He's saying the type of things an underperforming guy with a huge contract should be saying. And he's right. We need to cut out the mistakes, step it up, and put games "out of reach." I have no issue with these comments.
D. Hall can give some of his Bonus back if he stinks up the joint this season. Put your money where your mouth is. I want D.Hall to do well for us but he has not been the same player that he was in ATL before Bobby Petrino took over. Get the big money and dont play up to the pay raise, why is that? he has rest of this year to bring his A game , lets go D.Hall don't talk about be about it.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:38 AM   #67
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He is making excuses cause he trying to say the offense sucks. He/I have to be perfect cause if we give up one score we may lose. No one plays perfect so why say that? Don't make excuses for the offense to justify your poor play. Just say I got beat and I gotta do better next time w/out mentioning the offense.
I also agree with that.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:04 AM   #68
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
D. Hall can give some of his Bonus back if he stinks up the joint this season. Put your money where your mouth is. I want D.Hall to do well for us but he has not been the same player that he was in ATL before Bobby Petrino took over. Get the big money and dont play up to the pay raise, why is that? he has rest of this year to bring his A game , lets go D.Hall don't talk about be about it.
I think D. Hall can have 5 picks in a game and you'd probably complain why he didn't have 6.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote