Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Zorn: "I'm not worried about my job"

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-23-2009, 03:19 AM   #46
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: Zorn: "I'm not worried about my job"

^ i wouldnt have made that call or the shit the he called in the red zone. it's NOT, actually that difficult to call a fade. or a power run instead of a stretch .... its NOT. defend him all u want...

shape up or ship out is his fate. and it's well deserved at that friend.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #47
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I know what he would say and that is he does not have time to worry about that cause he's to busy coaching or does not want to think about what he can't control. Any coach would say those things. but he better get things fixed and keep an eye over his shoulder cause Sun. had to be an embarrassment for DS having the stadium booing on national tv. If I was DS I think I would have called a meeting and practically put my foot up his ass. I would have wanted explanations as to why the team is not scoring and expected the fast moving high scoring offense promised by week 3. I'd keep him for the seasn but if things didn't change I would have someone else in the wings waiting for seasons end.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #48
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I know what he would say and that is he does not have time to worry about that cause he's to busy coaching or does not want to think about what he can't control. Any coach would say those things. but he better get things fixed and keep an eye over his shoulder cause Sun. had to be an embarrassment for DS having the stadium booing on national tv. If I was DS I think I would have called a meeting and practically put my foot up his ass. I would have wanted explanations as to why the team is not scoring and expected the fast moving high scoring offense promised by week 3. I'd keep him for the seasn but if things didn't change I would have someone else in the wings waiting for seasons end.

Im sure DS already has a list of potentials on his speed dial.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:47 AM   #49
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I would say the odds of the skins losing both of the next two games is far worse than 1 in 8. people need to stop looking at the games like "fans" before you judge what really happened. Yes I hated the game, yes it aggravates me, but for the last quarter of that game the only reason I was afraid we could lose was because of the past. The skins moved the ball at will, with good plays by campbell when needed. yes the redzone looked cruddy, but we were there for 16+ plays. (good that we were there cruddy that we didn't get 7 any time) the rams had one long run and some basic plays. Detroit is not a magical team, nor is Tampa. People need to relax, look at what went right, and eat the red gummy bears!
Thanks.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #50
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I feel your pain shit i'm a saints fan, we have never been good!! I do think we are champ. good this yr though. As far as WSH and Zorn, he's a gonner, and so is JC. It is what it is man, you guys better score against us, or it could get ugly. Last yr our D was so bad that you guys did score but we are better on D this yr and Reggie is actually playing better as a WR.
So the Saints win 2 games and now your here giving advise on what we sould do and/or not do. Just keep riding high guy because its early in the season and as the season rolls on the Saints will find a way not to make it to the playoffs or SB. Its just about the same song and dance for them every year.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #51
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
he needs to get his play-calling straight, and just let jason throw the ball ....

it's like trent edwards said sumthin like

" t.o one -on- one i just threw it as far as i could and he'd run under it and grab it "

thats one thing i liked about mark brunell when he was here.... when Don Bruex was calling the old fun bunch offense with gibbs when we made the play-offs...

santana moss had his career year and there were alot of down-field plays that he threw as hard as he could and LET his recievers make plays...

BECAUSE JOE TRUSTED HIM.

zorns #1 problem is lack of faith in jason and too much trying to play QB from the damn sidelines telling JC where to go, trying to force what he thinks will be open and what not...

he's OVER-COACHING the QB to go along
with his shitty bi-polar play-calling .... like damn, cuz JC would have said coach i dont think the HB option is gonna work i hadda call timeout the D didnt look right I'm really feelin a fade to malcolm .... u'd effin sit him?

get the f outta here wit dat .... let the players PLAY, thats why ur on the sidelines and since u WERE on the field, the game has changed and maybe u need to see that....

he can't call plays consistently, he has NO faith in JC, and he's gettin a big head the power of head coach is too much 4 a former QB coach.

mistake from day one. AGREED. continuity would be nice.
but in this scenario, if things dont change soon.... i seriuously will go with the thought that he just is NOT suited to be a head coach in this league.

8-8 or less........ look for some-one with experience who if is interested. fire him. right now he is not good enough.
Well MB might have thrown the ball as hard as he could but he also lead the player away from coverage with his throw. That one of the problems JC has had with the long ball.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:25 AM   #52
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I'll tell you what really gets me, not that anyone asked but WTF, all the complaining about how this organization doesn't have patience and The Dan always makes so many changes, there is never any continuity or stability. We're always saying look at teams like the Steelers who change coaches every 12-20 years and build through the draft blah blah blah. Well we're building through the draft and we have a coach who is trying to bring about change and get this offense to where we all hope it can be. He's made improvements and he'll make more if we give him time. You don't use patience when things are going well, you use it when they're not. Which is it gonna be?
I'll tought it out. Yes we should wait and build through the draft. It's hard sometimes but we did win.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #53
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I'll tell you what really gets me, not that anyone asked but WTF, all the complaining about how this organization doesn't have patience and The Dan always makes so many changes, there is never any continuity or stability. We're always saying look at teams like the Steelers who change coaches every 12-20 years and build through the draft blah blah blah. Well we're building through the draft and we have a coach who is trying to bring about change and get this offense to where we all hope it can be. He's made improvements and he'll make more if we give him time. You don't use patience when things are going well, you use it when they're not. Which is it gonna be?
People hate change, but at the same time they always have their eye on what's next. Human nature I guess.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #54
redskinjim
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
This is a flat out lie. That is why he makes Gibbs 2.0 look like Air Coryell. Either take some chances or quit wasting our time, Zorn.
we have to try to take a few chances like maybe todd collins
redskinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:09 PM   #55
ronnieo
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
People hate change, but at the same time they always have their eye on what's next. Human nature I guess.
I'm all for continuity with the coaches but we all know what lies ahead. A new head coach for next year....especially if we only score 20 point which may not be enough to win this week. If we lose this week then here we go again........
ronnieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #56
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnieo View Post
I'm all for continuity with the coaches but we all know what lies ahead. A new head coach for next year....especially if we only score 20 point which may not be enough to win this week. If we lose this week then here we go again........
You think Detroit could drop more than 20 on our D? With a rookie QB, and a very raw one at that?
Old 09-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #57
ronnieo
Camp Scrub

Quote:
You think Detroit could drop more than 20 on our D? With a rookie QB, and a very raw one at that?
I'll take another 9 to 7 win but on the road this week with a much improved Detroit team that is better coached than last year and hungry for a win...watch out! I bet they're saying all we have to do to win is score a mere 14 points. if all we do is kick field goals again, we're in trouble!
ronnieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #58
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
You certainly make good points, and I have said that in the past, however, you are overlooking two things.
1-The patience on Campbell has been WAAAAAAYYYY too long. What has he done to deserve that leash? This is his 4TH season in the NFL, and this week vs the lions he will start his 39th game. 39!!!! The ineptitude in the redzone is on campbell's shoulders. There is a reason Zorn called the HB option, gotta try something when your qb is not cutting it. How many times are we gonna hear someone talk about different systems, or it takes X amount of starts to be good in the NFL? Well, we have passed these people. You are an NFL QB, if you can't be productive in different systems, even though you had time to learn them, chances are YOU are the problem, not the system.
2- It's good to be patient with someone that deserves it, and earned it. Has Zorn done either? This is a guy that never has been an OC much less head coach. We all exercised patience with him last year when he ended the season pretty horribly, and no coincidence that this season has started the way last year ended. So what has Zorn done to a- deserve the job, b- keep the job when he's performing in a subpar fashion?
Old 09-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #59
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
absolutely agree with you, that likely won't happen unless there is some serious luck. However, if we only score 13 (our average right now) we very well could lose.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #60
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
I thought you wanted change. LOL