Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

WP: Redskins’ Hall takes shots at ref and own coaches after 18-16 loss to Cowboys

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #46
wilsowilso

Re: WP: Redskins’ Hall takes shots at ref and own coaches after 18-16 loss to Cowboys

If he's going to point a finger I wish he would have said something like "we would have won that game easy if Kyle Shanahan wasn't acting like a complete jackass all night. Rex Grossman can kiss my butt for playing so mediocre and if he comes near me right now I'm going to bitch slap him for wasting a strong defensive effort."
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #47
44ever

Re: WP: Redskins’ Hall takes shots at ref and own coaches after 18-16 loss to Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post
This is why most people (including a ton of Skins fans, myself included) hate Hall. This is all he needs to say. The entire world saw that blitz package and thought "oh wow, risky call" and nobody blames Hall. But he has to blurt out that it isn't his fault.
Hall went one on one and lost the battle. The whole rest of the D went after one guy and lost the battle. They failed to execute as a team. But, Hall needs to just STFU and play from this point on...
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:29 PM   #48
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

F Hall and his BS, though can't really say I'm surprised. Maybe this will finally put an end to the ridiculous pro bowl talk. The guy is a #2 CB who occasionally makes a highlight play, that's it. Pro bowler my ass.

I was actually starting to like the guy as he seemed more focused on coverage and tackling this year, but this game set him back 5 steps. And of course the real problem is his BIG MOUTH.

He should keep his mouth shut and take some pointers from our real #1 CB Josh Wilson.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #49
Son Of Man
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I wish Hall would keep quiet, though he does blame himself often. He's such a polarizing figure
This.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #50
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
I agree with the coach....Coach Mike Shanahan defended Haslett’s decision, saying “You could go back and second-guess everything. At the end of the day, we had a chance to have the sack there, and he did a good job scrambling, made a play, and hey, it happens. That’s the nature of this game. … Hey, it didn’t work, and Romo made a play.”

Had we gotten the sack there, second guessing would not have been an option. The tally would have been what a great job the defense did..... S**t happens.
Exactly. D hall needs to control his rants we know he runs his mouth and that will never change, but throwing your d coordinator under the bus is unacceptable. I really hope he gets reprimanded by the staff, possibly sit out the first drive or two vs the rams, calling out the coach publicly is completely unacceptable.

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #51
dgack
The Starter

Quote:
I really hope he gets reprimanded by the staff, possibly sit out the first drive or two vs the rams, calling out the coach publicly is completely unacceptable.
Think about it: with Haynesworth, McNabb and Portis gone, D.Hall is the "diva" guy who the press goes to when they need a sensational quote or to manufacture some drama.

Someone needs to explain to him that his mouth is writing checks his ass can't cash, and all he's doing is painting himself into a corner that makes him look bad.
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #52
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post
Think about it: with Haynesworth, McNabb and Portis gone, D.Hall is the "diva" guy who the press goes to when they need a sensational quote or to manufacture some drama.

Someone needs to explain to him that his mouth is writing checks his ass can't cash, and all he's doing is painting himself into a corner that makes him look bad.
This. I like D.Hall and all, but there's just some times when he needs to stfu. I guess he's assumed the role of head talker and all now that C.Po, Haynesworth, etc. are gone.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #53
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Did Redskins' Haslett make the right call in the final minutes? | National Football Post
Old 09-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #54
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I may be the lone fan here, but on 3rd and 21 I'd do that blitz all day. That blitz had been working all night. Romo with the slightest bit of pressure was rushing throws to protect himself. If the receiver has to get 21 yards, blitz like hell and make our corners stay close in coverage and get an immediate tackle. Our pressure didn't make it and let Dez get too far up field. In that situation I'd hope to see the same defensive play calls a million times.

DHall is a trash coverage corner. He was playing better this season, but he's given up a game changing play the last two weeks. He has yet to make a position game changing play.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #55
skinster
Impact Rookie

I actually don't dislike the 8 man blitz on that third down, i just dislike how it was exacuted. you have to cover romo's rollout side, have two guys coming from that side to get him if he flushes out. Its not not the 8 man blitz that pissed me off, its the way it was executed.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #56
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
I actually don't dislike the 8 man blitz on that third down, i just dislike how it was exacuted. you have to cover romo's rollout side, have two guys coming from that side to get him if he flushes out. Its not not the 8 man blitz that pissed me off, its the way it was executed.
i agree. no contain on the righthanded romo's roll out side.

fletch said in postgame interview romo called a slide protection . . .still dont understand the 7 down men with their hands in the dirt, why not even try to disguise it alil to hope romo stays in the pocket for a second . .he knew before snap he was rolling back n out to his right b/c we didnt even bother to disguise the allout blitz.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #57
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
yeah, im not a big fan of d hall, i dont hate the man either but i dont blame him for the dez catch.

it was basically him and dez alone on that entire half of the field (the side of the field romo would roll to since hes right handed and not have to throw across his body), alone for 5 plus seconds with dez ... most WR could get separation in that situation.

im surprised so many call in fans are blaming hall. oh well . . .should have never put 7-8 down lineman in that situation imo . . . basically told romo what you were going to do and he knew he had to roll back and to his right, buy time until dez got some room on hall . . .
I think it would have been prudent for Hall to use the 21 yards to go to his advantage.

Sure, it's easy to second guess him now for playing aggressive assuming the ball would come out fast (because it had all day...so the call couldn't have been that bad). But I don't think Antoine Winfield gives up a first down there. I think knowing the game situation is critical.

The playcall unquestionably put Hall in a tough spot, and the reason the Cowboys won the play had nothing to do with Hall. But still, it's probably not asking too much of a $9 mil a year corner to prevent a 21+ yard completion in a one on one situation. Even one without great cover skills.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #58
dgack
The Starter

I love Steinberg.

"For a different approach to discussing this play, please observe London Fletcher, talking to Comcast SportsNet’s Kelli Johnson."

London Fletcher on the 3rd-and-21 - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:55 PM   #59
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Not to worry....he'll be a Patriot next season.......

...or an Eagle.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #60
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
I agree about the bad officiating. We also got away with at least two false starts that were quite obvious.
and a blatant hold/trip too.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote