Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


2023 NFL Post-Season Thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2024, 01:32 AM   #46
EdmundDorf
The Starter
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 1,919
Re: 2023 NFL Post-Season Thread

So Bellicheck and Vrabel weren't interested I guess. I cannot believe Jerry didn't at least enquire.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-18-2024, 09:42 AM   #47
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 34,004
Re: 2023 NFL Post-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
So Bellicheck and Vrabel weren't interested I guess. I cannot believe Jerry didn't at least enquire.
And after the defensive effort against the Pack, they Jerry nixed any thought of promoting DQ.

But I’m with you, 100% they check in with both BB and Vrabel and both wanted to much say in roster. If they truly were all in with Fat Mike they would have announced it within 24 hours of the loss…that’s how you do it.
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 07:59 AM   #48
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20,357
Re: 2023 NFL Post-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
So Bellicheck and Vrabel weren't interested I guess. I cannot believe Jerry didn't at least enquire.
I'm guessing Dak or someone with some pull talked to Jerry and convinced him it would be a bad move to dismiss McCarthy after three straight 12-5 seasons. It's good for us - it means the Cowboys will always be tough in the regular season but if history is any indication they always choke in the playoffs.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 08:19 AM   #49
EdmundDorf
The Starter
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 1,919
Re: 2023 NFL Post-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm guessing Dak or someone with some pull talked to Jerry and convinced him it would be a bad move to dismiss McCarthy after three straight 12-5 seasons. It's good for us - it means the Cowboys will always be tough in the regular season but if history is any indication they always choke in the playoffs.
Yeah probably, Dak has them over a barrell with his contract so you have to keep him happy and any new coach would need to want him
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 10:48 AM   #50
nonniey
The Starter
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,531
Re: 2023 NFL Post-Season Thread

What pieces do the Skins have right now? If you break down the categories to bad, below average, average, above average, good, very good and elite - I'd say we have no elites, 3 very good players (1 WR, 2 DTs), good - none, above average maybe 1-2 (maybe) and the rest it is arguable more below average, and worse, than average.

Result no matter what happens in the offseason, I don't see us being competitive next year.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 11:00 AM   #51
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: UNITED STATES
Age: 37
Posts: 35,999
Re: 2023 NFL Post-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
What pieces do the Skins have right now? If you break down the categories to bad, below average, average, above average, good, very good and elite - I'd say we have no elites, 3 very good players (1 WR, 2 DTs), good - none, above average maybe 1-2 (maybe) and the rest it is arguable more below average, and worse, than average.

Result no matter what happens in the offseason, I don't see us being competitive next year.
Alot can change with good coaching.. If you look at DET they have 1 Elite player in A Hutch and a few Very good players.
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 02:25 PM   #52
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie
 
SkinsGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 594
Re: 2023 NFL Post-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Alot can change with good coaching.. If you look at DET they have 1 Elite player in A Hutch and a few Very good players.
I would put St. Brown and Sewell into that Elite category too . . . and more in the damn good like Gibbs, LaPorta, Anzalone, Campbell, Branch and most of their offensive line
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 03:56 PM   #53
EdmundDorf
The Starter
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 1,919
Re: 2023 NFL Post-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
What pieces do the Skins have right now? If you break down the categories to bad, below average, average, above average, good, very good and elite - I'd say we have no elites, 3 very good players (1 WR, 2 DTs), good - none, above average maybe 1-2 (maybe) and the rest it is arguable more below average, and worse, than average.

Result no matter what happens in the offseason, I don't see us being competitive next year.
Cosmi, Robinson both under "very good" or at least "good" I would say, handful of promising young safeties. Bottom line is when you, or at least I, think of cornerstone building blocks I think of QB, LT, Pass Rusher, MLB and CB. We have none of those, everyone else, including your WR and x2 DT are expendable/replaceable. None of them are consistent game changers that the other team sets out to scheme for. Thats what 4 years of safe position flex picks gets you. I looked at our depth on paper the other day, we litterally have 1 LB on the roster, who is incidentally under legal scrutiny. this is going to take a couple of years and a huge amount of great coaching to fix properly.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 06:54 PM   #54
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 58
Posts: 2,228
Re: 2023 NFL Post-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Cosmi, Robinson both under "very good" or at least "good" I would say, handful of promising young safeties. Bottom line is when you, or at least I, think of cornerstone building blocks I think of QB, LT, Pass Rusher, MLB and CB. We have none of those, everyone else, including your WR and x2 DT are expendable/replaceable. None of them are consistent game changers that the other team sets out to scheme for. Thats what 4 years of safe position flex picks gets you. I looked at our depth on paper the other day, we litterally have 1 LB on the roster, who is incidentally under legal scrutiny. this is going to take a couple of years and a huge amount of great coaching to fix properly.
I'd tack S to that list and I'd say Kam Curl could be a top player with the right coaching and scheme. I'm betting if Peters can't get a deal done beforehand, he gets tagged.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 07:41 PM   #55
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,472
Re: 2023 NFL Post-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
I'd tack S to that list and I'd say Kam Curl could be a top player with the right coaching and scheme. I'm betting if Peters can't get a deal done beforehand, he gets tagged.
Tagging Curl would cost like 18 mil. That would be a terrible move.

There's no pending FA on this team who is a Franchise Tag candidate.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 10:23 PM   #56
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 14,258
Re: 2023 NFL Post-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Irsay will be the next owner that will be pushed to sell.
No, he won't. You got owners out there that are literally being investigated by the FBI for federal crimes and you don't see the NFL making a move on him. Irsay is an addict and the NFL isn't going to just oust that dude because he has a problem. Sure he posts stupid pics of himself on twitter and makes dumb tweets, but that's about as erroneous as it gets when it comes to Jim.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 10:25 PM   #57
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 14,258
Re: 2023 NFL Post-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
McCarthy still has a job?
Thank heavens. Remember when Jerry kept retaining Jason Garrett year after year after all those failures? It's the gift that keeps on giving. I say sign him up for a 10yr/100mil extension!
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 09:08 AM   #58
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 34,004
Re: 2023 NFL Post-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Thank heavens. Remember when Jerry kept retaining Jason Garrett year after year after all those failures? It's the gift that keeps on giving. I say sign him up for a 10yr/100mil extension!
Ok Here we go!

Dallas defense this year was the peak, DQ leaving…outside the playoff game, they were good. Highest scoring defense. I don’t expect it now with first place schedule. You got 2 CB FA and another safety FA. Also they got nothing at LB, Vander Esh is probably facing retirement with his neck issue.

Offense has 2 Oline starters fa and a RB Pollard, who was kinda a disappointment this year, also a FA with Dak sitting on 60 mil cap number inline for an extension

They are right now 18 million over the cap for 2024…yuge decisions and no wiggle room
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 09:27 AM   #59
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 23,065
Re: 2023 NFL Post-Season Thread

We are absolutely in a better position than the other three teams in our division as far as the near future goes. And we have cut the head of the snake off. The rest of the snake is getting thrown in the trash. Adam Peters you are our only hope. PLEASE DO NOT FUCK IT UP. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 09:57 AM   #60
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 23,065
Re: 2023 NFL Post-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Also they got nothing at LB, Vander Esh is probably facing retirement with his neck issue.



They got a pretty good LB other than Vanderesh. Maybe we can lure him away.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.13776 seconds with 10 queries