Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2024, 08:06 AM   #16
GridIron26
Playmaker
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Englewood, CO
Age: 35
Posts: 3,271
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I love everyone suggesting Tyron Smith, but you can only count on the guy for maybe half the games in a season. GREAT player, but you have to have some contingency (rookie?) to come in on the random games he misses.
Agreed.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-05-2024, 08:51 AM   #17
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,472
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I love everyone suggesting Tyron Smith, but you can only count on the guy for maybe half the games in a season. GREAT player, but you have to have some contingency (rookie?) to come in on the random games he misses.
Agreed. It's a bit of a gamble, and would depend on his asking price. Either way I think two of our first six picks should be O-line, preferably Tackles.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 11:24 AM   #18
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams
 
Darrell Green Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Mount Airy, MD
Posts: 118
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Tampering season must have already started and they have a new LT already lined up. That's the only reason I can see for cutting Leno. He was not the problem and I was fine with him for another year while they groom/search for the long term answer.

So disappointing that this is a weak FA class for interior OL. I always looked at those as fairly affordable positions to fill in free agency. But I don't want them to pull a RR and overpay for average or below average OL.
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 02:27 PM   #19
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie
 
SkinsGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 594
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
Tampering season must have already started and they have a new LT already lined up. That's the only reason I can see for cutting Leno. He was not the problem and I was fine with him for another year while they groom/search for the long term answer.

So disappointing that this is a weak FA class for interior OL. I always looked at those as fairly affordable positions to fill in free agency. But I don't want them to pull a RR and overpay for average or below average OL.
I though i heard that Leno is about to have hip surgery that may effect his health for next season. If so, cutting him was an absolute no brainer.
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 02:30 PM   #20
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,472
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

I did hear that. It wouldn't surprise me if we went Quarterback, Tackle, Tackle in the draft for our first 3 picks.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 04:28 PM   #21
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams
 
Darrell Green Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Mount Airy, MD
Posts: 118
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I did hear that. It wouldn't surprise me if we went Quarterback, Tackle, Tackle in the draft for our first 3 picks.
I hope not. That would indicate they are reaching to fill needs. I can't think of one position group that does not need an upgrade so I want BPA all the way.
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 04:43 PM   #22
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,472
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
I hope not. That would indicate they are reaching to fill needs. I can't think of one position group that does not need an upgrade so I want BPA all the way.
Not necessarily. There are quite a few good tackles projected to go in the range of our two 2nd round picks. And you're assuming that they just stay where they're at and don't trade up or back to get value for the positions they need the most.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:39 AM   #23
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams
 
Darrell Green Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Mount Airy, MD
Posts: 118
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Not necessarily. There are quite a few good tackles projected to go in the range of our two 2nd round picks. And you're assuming that they just stay where they're at and don't trade up or back to get value for the positions they need the most.
Leno was at least serviceable for another year, and they had the cap space to retain him. A rookie LT who is not a top prospect protecting the blind side of a rookie QB is a dangerous plan IMO when they had an option already signed at a reasonable cost. Why not retain Leno and still take a tackle early in the draft? Now it appears they will need to reach to fill a huge need and pray he works out.

Unless of course they already have a deal with a FA LT in the works which is what I suspect.
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 09:00 AM   #24
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,472
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Leno's been ok, but I'm not sure how serviceable he was going to be after hip surgery. He'll be almost 33 when the season starts, and he ended last season on IR.

I fully expect that they will be signing a free agent LT next Wednesday.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 09:37 AM   #25
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams
 
Darrell Green Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Mount Airy, MD
Posts: 118
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Leno's been ok, but I'm not sure how serviceable he was going to be after hip surgery. He'll be almost 33 when the season starts, and he ended last season on IR.

I fully expect that they will be signing a free agent LT next Wednesday.
That was my thought as soon as Leno was released. I don't see them going into camp with an unproven rookie LT to protect a rookie QB. But 33 is not old for a OL and assuming his hip is OK he would have been fine for one more season. If the rookie wins the job then Leno's solid depth.
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 09:42 AM   #26
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams
 
Darrell Green Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Mount Airy, MD
Posts: 118
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

By the way I heard when he was signed that guard is Wylie's best position. Does anyone know if he was actually a decent guard?
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 04:31 PM   #27
Schneed10
A Dude
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 44
Posts: 12,416
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Iím spending and drafting a shit ton at this spot. The rookie QB must be supported.

LT Jonah Williams (Cincinnati), Rookie
LG Jonah Jackson (Detroit), Chris Paul
C Tyler Biadasz (Dallas), Ricky Stromberg
RG Sam Cosmi, Rookie
RT Rookie, Tony Wylie
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 05:06 PM   #28
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 57
Posts: 21,202
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Iím spending and drafting a shit ton at this spot. The rookie QB must be supported.



LT Jonah Williams (Cincinnati), Rookie

LG Jonah Jackson (Detroit), Chris Paul

C Tyler Biadasz (Dallas), Ricky Stromberg

RG Sam Cosmi, Rookie

RT Rookie, Tony Wylie
that would be a good outcome

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 06:46 PM   #29
That Guy
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: VA
Age: 41
Posts: 17,511
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

I'd be surprised if we sign 3 OL in FA (it'd be great, but that's a lot). Wouldn't be shocked if we drafted 3 (though 1-2 would be late rounders).
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 08:04 PM   #30
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 58
Posts: 2,228
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
I'd be surprised if we sign 3 OL in FA (it'd be great, but that's a lot). Wouldn't be shocked if we drafted 3 (though 1-2 would be late rounders).
You mean starters, not OL period. Even signing tier 2 FAs would be an upgrade on last year. I'd say we sign 2 starters, 3 depth and see what's available with each pick after QB @ #2. Maybe trade back into Rd 1 for a starting T.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.08775 seconds with 10 queries