Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #256
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Re: We Want Dallas! 2011 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
You know, after keeping up with all that is going on at Valley Ranch, I really think he will play.

We knew he was not going to practice this week. Jason Garret stated that at the post game presser at Candlestick.

But they just fitted him with a custom Kevlar vest.

Kitna will get all the first team reps this week. But every indication is Romo is going to play.
I agree 100%. I believe F. jones and D. Bryant will be there right next to him. I believe that it is the "media spin" creating drama in order to drive up interest and intensity. It's what the media does, especially surrounding the cowboys yearly ongoing soap opera...

Advertisements
Old 09-22-2011, 03:30 PM   #257
diehard
The Starter

The beauty of being 3-0, 3-0 in the conference, and 2-0 division would be a great start.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #258
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

For what it's worth, doesn't look like Dockery will be playing on their line:

Per Rotoworld

Cowboys LG Derrick Dockery is unlikely to play this week after sustaining an MCL sprain in his knee.
Rookie Bill Nagy, who had been banged up going into Week 2, will likely start against the Redskins Monday night. The rookie was a liability against the Jets in the season opener.
Related: Bill Nagy
Source: Todd Archer on Twitter
Old 09-22-2011, 03:54 PM   #259
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
For what it's worth, doesn't look like Dockery will be playing on their line:

Per Rotoworld

[B]Cowboys LG Derrick Dockery is unlikely to play this week after sustaining an MCL sprain in his knee.[/B]Rookie Bill Nagy, who had been banged up going into Week 2, will likely start against the Redskins Monday night. The rookie was a liability against the Jets in the season opener.
Related: Bill Nagy
Source: Todd Archer on Twitter
When did this happen cause myCI at Valley Ranch said he looked fine two days ago??????

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #260
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Was first reported around Noon today.
No Dez Bryant and Derrick Dockery - Dallas Cowboys Blog - ESPN Dallas
Old 09-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #261
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Romo will start but Kitna will finish, Tony won't sit out he's a gamer but the hits will take there toll
Old 09-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #262
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Dez is about to get the injury prone label
Old 09-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #263
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
When did this happen cause myCI at Valley Ranch said he looked fine two days ago??????
Might want to get a new CI

Dockery Has Fractured Tibia, Sprained Knee
Old 09-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #264
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If the skins don't beat this dallas team with all the injuries, then I'll say we aren't ready for the playoffs.. We should win at least by a TD
Old 09-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #265
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Another transaction I missed due to the wild and crazy free agent period. Hey does anyone remember Pete Kendall? Good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It was college, I had access to that stuff and then some.

The same kid that sold cigarettes on my floor sold valium too, among other things.
I always wondered if they shot them up with local anesthetics. I had some back in February when I stepped on a glass and had to get stitches on the bottom of my right foot, couldn't feel a thing. If they can give him something like that then it won't matter how many times D-Hall hits Romo's ribs.

Still I can totally picture Romo on Sunday (he'll be changing his number to 19).

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 09-22-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #266
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Santana Moss has a pretty good track record against the Cowboys. In eight games with the Redskins he has 54 catches for 841 yards and four touchdowns. Two of them came on the night the Cowboys put the Triplets in the Ring of Honor in 2005 when he stole that win with fourth-quarter TD grabs.

But Terence Newman has a pretty good history against the Redskins, too. He has had eiht of his 23 career interceptions against Washington.

"I don't know what it is," Newman said. "... I think maybe it's the way the ball bounces. Sometimes you get them. Sometimes you don't."

At different times the Cowboys have had Newman shadow Moss all over the field. When they have done that, it's worked well. Heck, when they do that with Newman on just about any wide receiver it works. Think of the jobs he's done on Carolina's Steve Smith over the years.

When Newman is presented a one-on-one challenge, he excels. Will the Cowboys do that this time? Maybe not with the way Mike Jenkins has developed, but they know they can go to him at any moment if Moss starts rolling tonight.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #267
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Crusty, have you ever wondered if your CI gives you misinformation because you're a Redskins fan?
Old 09-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #268
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Santana Moss has a pretty good track record against the Cowboys. In eight games with the Redskins he has 54 catches for 841 yards and four touchdowns. Two of them came on the night the Cowboys put the Triplets in the Ring of Honor in 2005 when he stole that win with fourth-quarter TD grabs.
Is Moss still a deep threat? I don't know if it's the playcalling or what not, but I almost view him as the worlds quickest possession receiver. It seems like his game has evolved to the point where he's still shifty enough to get defenders out of position and smart enough to find the holes in the defenses, but I just don't feel like I'm seeing him on deep post and 9 routes. Rather with him it's more quick screens, slants, 10 yard in's, 10 yard outs, and curls.

Anthony Armstrong and Fred Davis on the other hand seem to be the ones that are getting sent on the deep routes.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 09-22-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:27 PM   #269
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Is Moss still a deep threat? I don't know if it's the playcalling or what not, but I almost view him as the worlds quickest possession receiver. It seems like his game has evolved to the point where he's still shifty enough to get defenders out of position and smart enough to find the holes in the defenses, but I just don't feel like I'm seeing him on deep post and 9 routes. Rather with him it's more quick screens, slants, 10 yard in's, 10 yard outs, and curls.

Anthony Armstrong and Fred Davis on the other hand seem to be the ones that are getting sent on the deep routes.

He is getting older, and the farther out he goes the speed advantage naturally declines. The farther out you go, the more time the DB has to accelerate to catch up. A WR always has the advantage in the beginning, he knows the snap count and is going forward while the DB has to backpeddle. Santana isn't a spring chicken anymore and is coming to the end of his utility as a #1 or even #2 WR.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #270
Darrell_Green_28
The Starter

just wondering , why is it that the only game that is missing on yahoo odds page is the Redskins/Cowchips game? usually any monday night game is put up by tuesday before

NFL - odds - Yahoo! Sports