Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Dirty Birds Preview

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2018, 01:43 PM   #61
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,803
Re: Dirty Birds Preview

Per JP Finlay "Hard to see Trent and Chris Thompson playing this week"

Well that sucks
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-02-2018, 01:57 PM   #62
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,150
Re: Dirty Birds Preview

Wasn't sure where to put this, so here it is. But I just want to give Gruden and Manusky a bit of props for rethinking their defensive line rotation. In years passed they would have a big rotation of 5 or 6 players, spreading the snaps around quite a bit. They started off this year doing the same thing. Then suddenly for the Green Bay game they started leaning heavily on Payne, Allen, and Ioannidis. It's rare that the reserves even see the field now, you rarely see Settle, Brantley, Hood when he was on the roster, they just don't get on the field much now.

Credit where it's due. They moved away from a long held practice to adjust and do something differently. It has definitely paid off.

One of the big complaints about Jay has been lack of adjustments, of any kind, in-game or otherwise. Credit for this one, they adjusted this line rotation and we're beastly up front.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:04 PM   #63
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,661
Re: Dirty Birds Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Wasn't sure where to put this, so here it is. But I just want to give Gruden and Manusky a bit of props for rethinking their defensive line rotation. In years passed they would have a big rotation of 5 or 6 players, spreading the snaps around quite a bit. They started off this year doing the same thing. Then suddenly for the Green Bay game they started leaning heavily on Payne, Allen, and Ioannidis. It's rare that the reserves even see the field now, you rarely see Settle, Brantley, Hood when he was on the roster, they just don't get on the field much now.

Credit where it's due. They moved away from a long held practice to adjust and do something differently. It has definitely paid off.

One of the big complaints about Jay has been lack of adjustments, of any kind, in-game or otherwise. Credit for this one, they adjusted this line rotation and we're beastly up front.
I think Jay is very good to excellent at game to game type adjustments.

I remember his first few years the first game would be problem x, y, and z. the second game seemed to solve one of em (like to many penalties or whatever else) and by the 4th game he seemed to have a lot of the recurring issues resolved. It's why I expect our passing game to and 3rd quarter scoring to be solved shortly.

His biggest issues always have been game time management, and in game reactions/changes.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:27 PM   #64
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Posts: 18,940
Re: Dirty Birds Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Per JP Finlay "Hard to see Trent and Chris Thompson playing this week"

Well that sucks
If there was going to be a game for TW to have off, this is the one. Nsekhe can more than hold down LT against the Falcons.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:30 PM   #65
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,803
Re: Dirty Birds Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
If there was going to be a game for TW to have off, this is the one. Nsekhe can more than hold down LT against the Falcons.
I said the same but CT out sucks, we really need him healthy
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:42 PM   #66
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,235
Re: Dirty Birds Preview

Team980 just reported that both CT and TW are out.
jamf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:42 PM   #67
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,540
Re: Dirty Birds Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Per JP Finlay "Hard to see Trent and Chris Thompson playing this week"

Well that sucks
Apparently TW had surgery and is week to week and definitely out Sunday.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:55 PM   #68
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,235
Re: Dirty Birds Preview

I've been hard on Preston Smith and his zero sacks but I could see him getting 3 this game. I hope he uses this game to get right for the second half of the season.
jamf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:33 PM   #69
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,729
Re: Dirty Birds Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I've been hard on Preston Smith and his zero sacks but I could see him getting 3 this game. I hope he uses this game to get right for the second half of the season.
Not flashy statswise, but Preston is having a really good seasons IMO. Good in the run game, quite a lot of pressures, improved in coverage... I'd say better than last year by quite a lot.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
__________________
Is there another french fan of the Redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:56 PM   #70
KI Skins Fan
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,737
Re: Dirty Birds Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Not flashy statswise, but Preston is having a really good seasons IMO. Good in the run game, quite a lot of pressures, improved in coverage... I'd say better than last year by quite a lot.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:58 PM   #71
KI Skins Fan
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,737
Re: Dirty Birds Preview

Deleted
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:19 PM   #72
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 5,792
Re: Dirty Birds Preview

Its not a must win game. But winning this would be huge. 6-2. I think if we win this one the national opinion on this team will rise quite a bit. For me personally, it would too. It is hard to win 75% of NFL games, or any sport for that matter.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:23 PM   #73
calia
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Posts: 1,853
Re: Dirty Birds Preview

code red for Atlanta, I'd say -- that we should expect
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:31 PM   #74
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,729
Re: Dirty Birds Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
May have gotten ahead of myself on the "way better than last year" part, but this season seems like a better all around performance imo.
__________________
Is there another french fan of the Redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 06:03 PM   #75
Rev.SkinsFan
Camp Scrub
 
Rev.SkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 75
Re: Dirty Birds Preview

It would be nice to win this game from a tie breaker perspective toward the end of the year ..having wins over the Panthers and Falcons could really cement playoff chances in the NFC. I think both those teams will be in the hunt for a spot at seasons end.
__________________
There is a new sheriff in our nation's capitol...
Rev.SkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.09830 seconds with 10 queries