Commanders 2023 Free Agency Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-02-2023, 03:45 PM   #31
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Commanders 2023 Free Agency Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
My problem with your dead set opinion is that you are basically saying anything that Dan Snyder has and is doing doesn't affect the football operations.

You can spin it any way you want it, but that's what you are basically saying.

I'm pretty sure Brian Daboll, Doug Pedersen, or Dan Campbell haven't had to deal with the shit that Ron has to deal every single day from Snyder.

Again, plenty of criticism can be made of Ron, but I just think it is a bit ridiculous to ignore the massive up hill battle he has with this f*cking owner.

Hell, except for Spurrier and Zorn, I think any other coach should be given somewhat of a pass because of the shit they dealt with with Snyder.

Im not spinning anything Ruh. I do not think Rivera is a good HC.
There are a lot of fans who do not think Ron is a good HC, and trust me when I tell you that what I am NOT saying is that Dan Snyder doesn’t affect football operations. That is silly.
It is possible to have a terrible owner and a bad HC. I mean I don’t think Rons phone was blowing up when he got fired in Carolina because why in the hell would you choose Dan fucking Snyder to work for if you had options.
Listen man if you think Ron is the guy to lead this team that is fine. Im a little curious what it is about him that you like. I can’t really think of anything the guy does well as a HC but thats just me. No biggie.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-02-2023, 05:03 PM   #32
davy
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Im not spinning anything Ruh. I do not think Rivera is a good HC.
There are a lot of fans who do not think Ron is a good HC, and trust me when I tell you that what I am NOT saying is that Dan Snyder doesn’t affect football operations. That is silly.
It is possible to have a terrible owner and a bad HC. I mean I don’t think Rons phone was blowing up when he got fired in Carolina because why in the hell would you choose Dan fucking Snyder to work for if you had options.
Listen man if you think Ron is the guy to lead this team that is fine. Im a little curious what it is about him that you like. I can’t really think of anything the guy does well as a HC but thats just me. No biggie.
He does a very good impression of Mount Rushmore as we get another delay of game penalty.
Old 03-03-2023, 07:05 AM   #33
rocnrik
Playmaker

Ron has done a good job in general with all the crap he has had to deal with … you can’t grade him fair without taking that into consideration.. yes he has made some gaffs and mistakes .. but let’s give him credit also on the positive stuff .. His worse decision in my opinion is the Wentz debacle ( signing him and then starting him..but remember that Taylor also went to Ron and told him to start Wentz… that was a head scratcher) on a scale from 1-10 with 10 being the best .. Ron is in the 5 range .. his strength seems to be in a environment of chaos he somehow has a calming effect as the leader .. my opinion only
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 07:13 AM   #34
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Since Ron has been here he's been left alone. Dan hasn't been meddling. Ron has had final say on everything. It's in his contract and Dan has held up his end by not getting in the way.

Not really sure we could have gotten any better of a coach. Under the circumstances he's been as good as expected. He's not a good game day coach but is probably a really good motivator. Haven't really seen the team quit under him. The players for the most part seem to like him.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 08:16 AM   #35
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Ron has done a good job in general with all the crap he has had to deal with … you can’t grade him fair without taking that into consideration.. yes he has made some gaffs and mistakes .. but let’s give him credit also on the positive stuff .. His worse decision in my opinion is the Wentz debacle ( signing him and then starting him..but remember that Taylor also went to Ron and told him to start Wentz… that was a head scratcher) on a scale from 1-10 with 10 being the best .. Ron is in the 5 range .. his strength seems to be in a environment of chaos he somehow has a calming effect as the leader .. my opinion only
The Taylor telling Ron thing was about Howell starting in the last game, not Wentz in the prior game. I am not sure that the start Howell suggestion wasn't in part because he was mad at Ron for benching him for Wentz in the previous game, but Heinicke doesn't strike me as being that petty

For me, starting Wentz wasn't so much the problem as being slow to recognise that Wentz needed to be benched in the second quarter of the Cleveland game while it was still in reach.

My biggest gripe about Ron is how slow he is to acknowledge and act on some things that seem to be blindingly obvious to most everyone else. Multiple games seem to ebb away before something is fixed and the season is just not long enough for that.

He acted so fast in firing Turner at the end of the season that he must have been considering it for a few weeks prior, in which case, with the playoffs on the line why wasn't someone else, Zampese maybe, given play calling duties.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 09:46 AM   #36
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
The Taylor telling Ron thing was about Howell starting in the last game, not Wentz in the prior game. I am not sure that the start Howell suggestion wasn't in part because he was mad at Ron for benching him for Wentz in the previous game, but Heinicke doesn't strike me as being that petty

For me, starting Wentz wasn't so much the problem as being slow to recognise that Wentz needed to be benched in the second quarter of the Cleveland game while it was still in reach.

My biggest gripe about Ron is how slow he is to acknowledge and act on some things that seem to be blindingly obvious to most everyone else. Multiple games seem to ebb away before something is fixed and the season is just not long enough for that.

He acted so fast in firing Turner at the end of the season that he must have been considering it for a few weeks prior, in which case, with the playoffs on the line why wasn't someone else, Zampese maybe, given play calling duties.
Ron is a leader of men , you can’t just keep flipping back and fourth everyone will lose trust in you and be afraid to make mistakes.

It was Turners responsibility to run the offense, he was given all the opportunities afforded to him. If he had made the playoffs he still be here, he didn’t thus he was fired.
Old 03-03-2023, 02:07 PM   #37
EdmundDorf
The Starter

John Keim on Twitter
Quote:
Washington signed former Chiefs WR Marcus Kemp. Primarily a Special teams player. Gives Bieniemy someone in the room familiar with the O.
Ben Standig on Twitter
Quote:
Marcus Kemp and Cam Sims

Similarities
* Both are 27
* Kemp 6'4", Sims 6'5"
* Both play WR but contribute mostly on special teams

Differences
* Kemp played for Bieniemy in KC. Sims did not
* Kemp is under contract with the Commanders. Sims is not.
Jeremy Reaves on Twitter
Quote:
Bruh a dog on teams
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 03:00 PM   #38
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

JLC on NFL XM RADIO "Lamar to Washington is starting to pick up steam at the combine"

https://twitter.com/YouWager_FF/stat...281081356?s=20
Old 03-03-2023, 03:42 PM   #39
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
JLC on NFL XM RADIO "Lamar to Washington is starting to pick up steam at the combine"

https://twitter.com/YouWager_FF/stat...281081356?s=20
Jason La Canfora? Him and Mike florio might be the worst sources in the NFL

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 03:46 PM   #40
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Trading for Wentz was by far the biggest mistake. It hamstrung the ability to upgrade the rest of the roster, taking on that contract. That being said, I don't fault RR for trying something at the QB position. He couldn't just go with Taylor Heinicke - although in hindsight that may have been the better move. The point is, he knew he needed to upgrade the QB position. Wentz was a last resort I'm sure. There was a chance it could have worked out, but it didn't. At least he drafted a QB in Howell and had an out with Wentz's contract.

Not bringing in a more experienced OC was mistake #2. I think the Turner experiment was wrong. He's not his Dad. Maybe he'll end up being a good OC someday, but he just couldn't get out of his own way here, and the suspect OL and QB play was not his friend.

Beyond that, I have no issues with RR. The record doesn't necessarily reflect the coach he is in my opinion. He's done the best he can with the resources he has available to him, which as we are finding out more and more - are and have been limited. Has he made mistakes, sure. The two above are the most glaring, but he's made some in-game mistakes, too. But people on here act like no other coaches - even really good ones - make mistakes with challenges and timeouts, and the like... Or that he's the only 'stoic' head coach roaming the sidelines. The man's been through a lot. I personally appreciate that he is even-keeled.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 04:02 PM   #41
Giantone
Gamebreaker

https://twitter.com/BarstoolBigCat/s...mar-washington

Old 03-03-2023, 04:28 PM   #42
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post