Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Changing The Team Name, Give It A Rest!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-20-2023, 02:07 PM   #1
Burgold
Special Teams

Changing The Team Name, Give It A Rest!!

Look, I'm not crazy about the name[Commanders] either but if we start to win how many will even pay it any mind? Look, any name has to have a connection to the[DMV] right? like it or not this name is connected to our military and where does command come from? well we ain't calling them[The Presidents- Admirals-Generals] now the only two choices should be...[Archives- Potomacs- which is French]the last thing Mr. Harris should be worried about is the name, so for now...GO COMMANDERS!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 11:43 PM   #2
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: Changing The Team Name, Give It A Rest!!

did this have to be a new thread?

it's a terrible name. commies, c-men, and don't forget tuddy :/... no thanks. If it stays, whatever, but i'm definitely not tied to it.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 09:50 AM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
did this have to be a new thread?

it's a terrible name. commies, c-men, and don't forget tuddy :/... no thanks. If it stays, whatever, but i'm definitely not tied to it.
This, the name is terrible. And for the love of god get rid of Jason Wright, he’s been another pathetic embarrassment

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 04:15 PM   #4
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This, the name is terrible. And for the love of god get rid of Jason Wright, he’s been another pathetic embarrassment
I'm so fucking tired of that guy. I hope they fire him first. I wish they would hire a team president that is from DC, born and raised. Someone that gets what it means to root for the team. Someone that rooted for this team for a long time. There has got to be somebody out there that fits the criteria.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 10:09 AM   #5
MTK
\m/

I have zero attachment to Commanders but I also don’t want to go through another naming process and there’s no guarantee another new name would be any better.

The name and uniforms are so far down on my list of priorities to turning this organization around.
Old 05-21-2023, 07:43 PM   #6
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I have zero attachment to Commanders but I also don’t want to go through another naming process and there’s no guarantee another new name would be any better.

The name and uniforms are so far down on my list of priorities to turning this organization around.
Another name won't be a stain left by Snyder. The name Commanders will always be a stain, so that is why it must be replaced.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 08:46 AM   #7
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Another name won't be a stain left by Snyder. The name Commanders will always be a stain, so that is why it must be replaced.
Winning is the ultimate cleaner of the Snyder stain, along with being a quality organization top to bottom.
Old 05-22-2023, 09:33 AM   #8
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Winning is the ultimate cleaner of the Snyder stain, along with being a quality organization top to bottom.
Of course you're right but if the new owners want a new name and new uniforms that would be fine with me as long as they don't want something uninspired. The silly looking pig with the horrible name must go whether or not the new owners make any other changes.
Old 05-22-2023, 01:19 PM   #9
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Of course you're right but if the new owners want a new name and new uniforms that would be fine with me as long as they don't want something uninspired. The silly looking pig with the horrible name must go whether or not the new owners make any other changes.
If the new owner's priority is to change the name, then we're in trouble. There are a TON of priorities for this new ownership team to deal with. Thankfully it seems that this is not a priority whatsoever for Harris and Co.

I'm honestly sick of the name talk, it is only being brought up by delusional fans who think somehow they are going to bring the old name back, sulky fans that didn't get their choice, and media folks who just want to stir the pot for clicks.

Also, Snyder put on a bigger stain on this team by his toxic/abusive work culture/environment, the YEARS of losing on and off the field, and him gutting this team financially to support his lifestyle. So people need to GTFOH with the whole "the name is a Snyder stain" BS.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 01:36 PM   #10
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post

I thought it was bad as well but have you ever googled NFL mascots, try it. there are so really bad ones out there.

Example:

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/t-rac/

I never realized the number of teams with stupid mascots.
Old 05-21-2023, 12:50 PM   #11
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

If we win games the name will gradually be approved by the fanbase. As it is right now we have a loser squad stuck in mediocrity so the name is associated with mediocrity.
Old 05-21-2023, 04:13 PM   #12
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
If we win games the name will gradually be approved by the fanbase. As it is right now we have a loser squad stuck in mediocrity so the name is associated with mediocrity.
I disagree Moby. It'll never be accepted by many of the older fans like myself. I will never approve it under any circumstances. Ever.

But it is what it is so no sense in bitching about it anymore. But at some point I hope the new owners change it. They have to erase everything Dan Snyder - the name, the uniforms, Ron, Wright, every single person that worked there under Dan has to go.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 07:41 PM   #13
nonniey
The Starter

No it is a stain on the franchise left by Snyder. We will never give it rest until it is gone.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 09:20 PM   #14
Meks
Pro Bowl

Yea I'll never adopt any new name, buy the merch or anything along those lines tbh... but again no sense in complaining about an argument that will never win nor the result change.

A whole nother name change would be annoying, would still be nice to be free of the Snyder stench.

Whatever happens happens
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 08:41 AM   #15
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I could care less what they are called, I want to win a SB