Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

It's F'ing Dallas week

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #46
12thMan
MVP

Re: It's F'ing Dallas week

I think our secondary will be our strength on defense this year. I like our starters on the corners; Rogers and Hall. I like what I've seen out of Kevin Barnes and while we certainly don't have any superstars at safety, although Landry certainly has the potential to be one of the best, we have solid guys at safety and good depth when everyone's healthy.

I wouldn't be shocked if we actually produced at least two Pro-Bowlers from the secondary this year, but the key is always a good pass rush which has been our achilles for the past few years.

To that end, I see us getting two picks from Romo. Will Hall take one to the house?

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #47
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

This will definitely be interesting.

I think we might have a tough time with F. Jones on swings, and Witten will probably destroy us. I think we can shut down Austin, and R. Williams is a dud. Run defense is still a mystery to me, but I think Barber will probably smack us around a bit.

On offense, Ware will get the better of T. Williams overall, but McNabb will do his thing and turn a few broken plays into gains. Dallas' secondary will break down at least a couple times, and hopefully we can take advantage. Portis will get 100 yards rushing.

Skins 17
Dallas 21
Old 09-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #48
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Rob...Santana Moss ownes Dallas! So I agree with you, and ACE there is no way we score 41 points on the cowboys D.. Slow down my man, I think we are just as good as Dallas on D, they are better than us on Offense.. I still see us winning HTTR!!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 AM   #49
sandtrapjack
The Starter

No predictions, just 2 words...

GAME ON.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 AM   #50
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
But you are still an expansion team and expansion teams dont do well. The Skins are much better than an expansion team, my problem is that the new QB hasnt had a chance to play in live action with the starters and to top it off he's hurt. I think the Skins might have had a better chance had DM played a traditional preseason but he didnt which is why I think they will struggle to score points in week 1.
I don't think our Offense in general saw a lot of playing time. I believe that MS/KS really used pre-season to evaluate depth, and get a feel for what certain players could do. Maybe I am wrong, and this offense sputters about trying to find itself, but I think if that were the case we would have seen more planned and targeted play development. Instead we saw targeted player development. That goes for RBs WR's and OL groupings. MS/KS instill a lot of confidence in me that we are going to see an efficient organized attack, with our strengths (TE's, CP, and maybe Armstrong/Galloway) emphasized and our weaknesses (DT and Sanatana's tendencies to drop catchable passes, ineffective power runs) minimized except for the big play or necessary moments.

Having said that, I remember the opener with Gibbs/Saunders against the Vikings, our pre-season had been vanilla, and that first play everyone was shifting everywhere, but we still lost. So, I'll drink the kool-aid, but Sunday night the Skins better be tossing out the Real Thing!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:33 AM   #51
MTK
\m/

Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me that when the Skins dont do much in preseason (especially under Gibbs) they are being vanilla as to not tip their hand but others who dont do much stink. I guess thats another benefit of kool-aid.
Nothing to do with kool-aid, just pointing out I don't see what's damn good about what Romo did this preseason. If you can help me see it feel free.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #52
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Nothing to do with kool-aid, just pointing out I don't see what's damn good about what Romo did this preseason. If you can help me see it feel free.
He didnt do anything but he might have been being vanilla.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #53
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Either way, he wasn't damn good as someone said.

Always amazes me how people pump up other teams.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #54
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me that when the Skins dont do much in preseason (especially under Gibbs) they are being vanilla as to not tip their hand but others who dont do much stink. I guess thats another benefit of kool-aid.
Like I said in my last post, alot of preseason depends on the goal of the coach. Dallas wanted to prove that their offense was on track. Listen to the post game comments, and how Wade and Romo react. They have a goal of refining the first team play. So when they don't accomplish it you can say something about their stats.

We had a goal of judging individual players, so we run LJ and WP against the #1 run defense to see how they do. We don't put lead blocks, or cut blocks in, instead we do man on man, and saw where TW struggled.

I am not saying one way is better, just that it results in skewed preseason stats and how you judge a team's preseason has to take into account the team's goals.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #55
Mechanix544
The Starter

I foresee this game being a turnover fest. We turn it over 3 times to the cowgirls 4.

We end up winning, 31-30.

Romo has a horrible day. Under 50% Completion, 2 picks and 1 TD.

McNabb also has a forgettable day. 1 TD and 2 ints. TD is to Cooley.

Special teams and the secondary win this one for us, with a punt returned and an int returned for a TD. Portis has 90 yds and a TD.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #56
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Who on our team is turning it over 3 times (remember that Banks is inactive )
Old 09-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #57
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What the hell kind of prediction is this?! Your prediction is supposed to be one word...one word that rhymes with Torain

I think it will be a hard fought game that could go into overtime, after that...who knows.

Andre Carter will be the x factor in this game, in my opinion

Clubber Lang doesn't like the cut of your jib.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #58
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Kind of like EVERY OTHER TEAM in the NFL? Including the defenses he played?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #59
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I don't remember the stat, but it's been like 2+ years without a defensive score for us. We need that to end Sunday night
Old 09-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #60
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Like I said in my last post, alot of preseason depends on the goal of the coach. Dallas wanted to prove that their offense was on track. Listen to the post game comments, and how Wade and Romo react. They have a goal of refining the first team play. So when they don't accomplish it you can say something about their stats.

We had a goal of judging individual players, so we run LJ and WP against the #1 run defense to see how they do. We don't put lead blocks, or cut blocks in, instead we do man on man, and saw where TW struggled.

I am not saying one way is better, just that it results in skewed preseason stats and how you judge a team's preseason has to take into account the team's goals.
I agree you have to be able to read between the lines in preseason stats.
Closed Thread