Victory Monday

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #46
GMScud
Swearinger

Re: Victory Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican'Skin View Post
I love the fact that they don't feel like resting on their laurels, but want to get better. I honestly feel sorry for Arizona because this Redskins team is fully focused.
That Arizona team did not look very good against a poor Carolina team. If a rookie can throw for 400+ yards on the road in his first ever NFL game, we should be able to move the ball on them.

Advertisements
Old 09-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #47
Jamaican'Skin
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
That Arizona team did not look very good against a poor Carolina team. If a rookie can throw for 400+ yards on the road in his first ever NFL game, we should be able to move the ball on them.
I know. Rexy should be licking his chops.
Jamaican'Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #48
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

I don't get why the Giants are complaining about injuries. They had Piere-Paul, Mathias, and Canty up front. They also had Rolle and Phillips playing safety. Michael Boley was there. Rocky Bernard.

The dropoff from Tuck and Osi isn't really that much with the two guys that played yesterday. In fact I'm pretty sure they only really missed Tuck not Osi. And we can match that loss with Landry not playing. Granted missing two starting corners stinks but like I said they still had two quality safeties and Aaron Ross is a first round corner.

Also lets not forget that Javaris Jenkins is out for the year and we had to settle for Golston on many plays.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 09-12-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #49
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Plus Hightower is going to be jacked up to face his old team.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #50
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Plus Hightower is going to be jacked up to face his old team.
I'm all for Hightower getting 20+ carries but I'm not sure about him having to play 50+ snaps. By my count he may have played as many as 59 and there were situations where Torain's power could have been useful against a stacked boxed. I guess they really think the world of Hightower's pass blocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
75 or higher is MVP!!!!!
And it only took him one week to throw 2 TD passes. Compare that to a certain QB that waited until Week 10's Monday Night Beatdown to throw 2 TD passes then waited till week 14 to do it again.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 09-12-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #51
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Total QBR review: NFC East Week 1 - NFC East Blog - ESPN

TQBR ratings are out for this week's qb's that have played so far. Guess who had the highest rating in the NFCE? Honestly I didn't think his rating would've been that high, considering the sacks and the fumble, but I'll take it. There's a nice little breakdown in that post.
This is confirmation that ESPN's TQBR is complete trash.

NFL -- Week 1 Total QBR Leaders - ESPN

McNabb - 7/15, 39 yds, 1 td, 1 int
rates 20.7, ranked 24th
C. McCoy - 19/40, 213 yds, 2 TDs, 1 int rates 17.6, ranked 25th
Sanchez - 29/44, 335 yds, 2 td, 1 int rates 17.6, ranked 26th
Cassel - 22/36, 119 yds,
1 td, 1 int rates 11.2, ranked 27th
Roethlisberger - 22/41, 280 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT rates 10.8, ranked 28th
K. Collins - 16/31, 197 yds, 1 TD, 0 int rates 2.3, ranked 29th

Seriously, similar completion %s and a QB who throws for 39 yds with 1 TD ranks higher than a QB who throws for 335 and 2 TDs? This "stat" is a joke. It's just an attention ploy for ESPN. They want writers to draw attention to their network by referencing their proprietary, but made-up stat.

Last edited by Monkeydad; 09-12-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #52
12thMan
MVP

Tim Hightower just guranteed a win over the Cards Sunday. He's plenty stoked and not hiding it.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #53
Longtimefan
Playmaker

I see signs of a team beginning to believe in themselves. An infusion of youth coupled with the opportunity to contribute can be contagious.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #54
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I'm all for Hightower getting 20+ carries but I'm not sure about him having to play 50+ snaps. By my count he may have played as many as 59 and there were situations where Torain's power could have been useful against a stacked boxed. I guess they really think the world of Hightower's pass blocking.

And it only took him one week to throw 2 TD passes. Compare that to a certain QB that waited until Week 10's Monday Night Beatdown to throw 2 TD passes then waited till week 14 to do it again.

I was hoping to see Helu for more than one carry. There were situations in the game where I thought his speed burst could have been beneficial, but I'm not questioning the coaches...Hightower is a #1 RB. He's never had the role all to his own before and he's proving the Cards mis-used him, or underestimated him.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #55
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Holy shit, Lavar and Dukes giving the Skins mad props today. Even said they were wrong with their views on McNabb (seeing how he shit it up yesterday) and Rex lit it up.

Bandwagon is going to get full fast boys...lol
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #56
SBXVII
Franchise Player

This is what I like to hear....

Quote:
The red zone was a concern all preseason for the Redskins. On Sunday, the Redskins converted 3-of-4 times inside the Giants 20-yard line on Sunday. The only time they failed to score in the red zone was on Graham Gano’s 39-yard missed field goal.
For Openers, Redskins Defeat Giants 28-14
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #57
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontrem View Post
Did you happen to see that thing he did on the sideline with his lips? It looked like he was imitating a horse or something, it had me laughing pretty hard.
The old "ball coach" imitation
Old 09-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #58
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Of course I love beating Dallas, but beating the Giants is so satisfying just because of all the Giants fans I know. They are seriously hating life today... love it!
You beat the team you are suppose to beat, and the Giants didn't,the Skins did simple as that .I said it before the Skins D has come together nicely. Facts are facts the Giants played with a depleted team yesterday not an excuse just a fact, alot of young back ups and rookies but still pros and in fact I was impressed by alot of the younger guys ....they didn't do bad. The lack of an off season has hurt Eli,the Giants O will come around but in my opinion in about 3 weeks.Oh and 1 more thing....serously the interception was more a Great play by Kerrigan(sp) then a bad play by Eli,had the tackle done his job the passing lane should have been open.Remember it's not where you start it's where you finish.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #59
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
You beat the team you are suppose to beat, and the Giants didn't,the Skins did simple as that .I said it before the Skins D has come together nicely. Facts are facts the Giants played with a depleted team yesterday not an excuse just a fact, alot of young back ups and rookies but still pros and in fact I was impressed by alot of the younger guys ....they didn't do bad. The lack of an off season has hurt Eli,the Giants O will come around but in my opinion in about 3 weeks.Oh and 1 more thing....serously the interception was more a Great play by Kerrigan(sp) then a bad play by Eli,had the tackle done his job the passing lane should have been open.Remember it's not where you start it's where you finish.

His ginormous helmet is throwing off his balance. He has lost his accuracy.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #60
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Looks good to me.