Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-03-2019, 09:59 PM   #31
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
they did but what did we do in the 2nd half? Nothing
Their run D really sucked for 1 drive and a couple other plays. AP had 101 yards in the first half and 7 in the second

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-03-2019, 10:25 PM   #32
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
If there was a percentage higher than 100, I would disagree with this that much. The playcalling gave him no chance to be very successful. Made some good throws and had no turnovers. Considering what Callahan let him do, I think he did pretty damn well. Callahan coached like a loser.
Exactly. Not only are they not giving him a chance but also handcuffing McLaurin. These coaches don't even belong in college.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:46 PM   #33
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Thought Haskins was pretty solid. Missed some plays as every rookie does.

Bill Callahan was a fucking embarrassment. Never seen a coach purposely try to lose so hard.
It is like he is playing to not get blown out. The Redskins have been held to single digit scoring in 5 games this year, painful to watch.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:58 PM   #34
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
It is like he is playing to not get blown out. The Redskins have been held to single digit scoring in 5 games this year, painful to watch.
Yep! Seems as if he may be coaching to not get blown out and give himself a chance to be hired. Either that or they're tanking.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:01 PM   #35
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Really the only question left is how many quarters are we going to go without scoring a td?

If you had said we'd already be at 13 consecutive halfway through the year I'dve said you were smoking crack.

Also, I watched the Caps tonight and as much fun as it is watching the Caps and Nats bond over winning titles, it also makes me sad that the likelihood of the Redskins doing the same is about as low as it will ever get. Dan needs to take notes from the Lerners and Ted about how fun it is when teams celebrate each others' titles. The Redskins are outcasts in a city they used to own, and it hurts. I don't think Dan even realizes how many of us are also Caps/Nats/Zards fans. No offense to the Nats either but football has long since replaced baseball as the nation's pastime and we are such garbage no other franchise in town would dare associate with us.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:08 PM   #36
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Exactly. Not only are they not giving him a chance but also handcuffing McLaurin. These coaches don't even belong in college.
1-7 before the game and he is playing it safe, and he even said he isn't trying to be the next HC. Makes zero sense. The season is over, you don't want to be the next HC, and you still coach like a puss?

A broken clock is right more than anything this team does.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:11 PM   #37
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Yep, makes no sense. Rather lose by 50 and go down going for the win than put your tail between your legs and just try not to lose too badly.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 03:30 AM   #38
Warthog
The Starter

Why no long passes to Mc Laurie? Afraid we will lose? He can beat the defense long, give Haskins a few chances to heave the rock-just to boost his confidence and get a TD!!
Snyder should tell Callahan to OPEN it up, INT or dropped passes be damned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:51 AM   #39
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Nothing worse than boring losers. If you're going to be boring, then don't lose. If you're going to lose, then don't be boring.

But who cares, anyway? A close friend of mine is completely done with the Redskins after more than a half century as a loyal fan. He just can't stand Mister Snyder and his minions any longer.

Now I realize that my longtime Redskins fandom is hanging by a thread, as well. Yesterday, while the Redskins game was being played, I went to a very good seafood restaurant - the kind with no T.V.'s - and enjoyed a fine meal and good company with family members. I didn't record the game, either. It was a pleasant Sunday afternoon.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:32 AM   #40
MTK
\m/

Haskins wasn't a disaster, so there's that.

Barring injury I don't want to see anymore of Case or Colt the rest of the way.

Stick with Haskins and keep ramping things up for him.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:46 AM   #41
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

exactly. Giving him first team reps and having him go thru the motions of preparing to play really helped.

Also, Darius Guice needs to get his ass on the field and play. We need to find out if he can handle the physicality of the league. I have my doubts

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:47 AM   #42
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Nothing worse than boring losers. If you're going to be boring, then don't lose. If you're going to lose, then don't be boring.

But who cares, anyway? A close friend of mine is completely done with the Redskins after more than a half century as a loyal fan. He just can't stand Mister Snyder and his minions any longer.

Now I realize that my longtime Redskins fandom is hanging by a thread, as well. Yesterday, while the Redskins game was being played, I went to a very good seafood restaurant - the kind with no T.V.'s - and enjoyed a fine meal and good company with family members. I didn't record the game, either. It was a pleasant Sunday afternoon.
I am Totally with you!

I am still a long time fan of the Redskins, almost 40 years, but I have pretty much completely stopped watching the Redskins games myself.

As you so astutely pointed out, the current Redskins are Boring Losers. Most of this season, the opposing teams have been favored to win, with good reason, and since there is almost no chance of the Redskins upsetting any of the opposing teams, there is no reason to watch the game.

I am still a Redskins fan, and I certainly enjoy discussing the team on this site, but unless there is some drastic improvement, there is really no reason to watch the games.

Thanks Dan Synder for making me Appthetic about my favorite NFL team!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2019, 09:12 AM   #43
rocnrik
Playmaker

If they start Case or colt I’m done ... the play calling does not reflect any thing other than keep it close.. that is this teams belief. WE ARE CLOSE!! yep we are close to being the worst team in redskins long history!! They should make that the new slogan.. We are close .. maybe We are closed!!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:18 AM   #44
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

I tend to agree. Part of my desire to keep Keenum in there (when healthy) is that it would help us better evaluate the rest of the young talent on the team as he'd run a more effective offense and keep us close enough in games that we don't become one dimensional.

Haskins wasn't asked to do anything other than hand the ball off to AP and throw short dump-off passes. We got not hints of how good or terrible he could be. But he did enough to not completely ruin the game, so he didn't really hurt our ability to evaluate other players.

Also, I love Paul Richard calling out Bruce and the coaches to stop saying "we're close." There's nothing to gain by pretending to be something we're not. Acknowledging what we are is the first step to recovery.

Also, really glad the Dolphins won one. We need to keep losing out and hope they stumble into another win so we can get that top pick.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:20 AM   #45
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I tend to agree. Part of my desire to keep Keenum in there (when healthy) is that it would help us better evaluate the rest of the young talent on the team as he'd run a more effective offense and keep us close enough in games that we don't become one dimensional.

Haskins wasn't asked to do anything other than hand the ball off to AP and throw short dump-off passes. We got not hints of how good or terrible he could be. But he did enough to not completely ruin the game, so he didn't really hurt our ability to evaluate other players.

Also, I love Paul Richard calling out Bruce and the coaches to stop saying "we're close." There's nothing to gain by pretending to be something we're not. Acknowledging what we are is the first step to recovery.

Also, really glad the Dolphins won one. We need to keep losing out and hope they stumble into another win so we can get that top pick.
We're not going to get the top pick. We play the Jets in two weeks, and they might be worse than the Dolphins.

Also I never heard Paul Richardson say that, but good for him. Now if only we had coaches who could put him to better use than running 6 yard curl routes.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote