Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Breaking: Montae Nicholson left woman at hospital before she died from drug overdose

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-17-2019, 06:18 PM   #46
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Breaking: Montae Nicholson left woman at hospital before she died from drug overdose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Until the woman's death is case closed, last we heard Montae was cooperating with authorities. So i'm figuring as long as he is a person that the police are talking to regarding someone else's death, he should probably not be playing until he is ruled out from any wrongdoing. I realize that he probably didn't inject her or purposely kill her, etc. But what if he was who supplied the drugs?

And yes, making poor life choices i feel is a crime in the NFL. Moral Responsibility, and the Moral clause that some clubs enforce / stand behind. Ask yourself right now if Montae would have played today if he was on the Patriots' roster and Belichick found out about this incident. Better question, ask yourself if the Patriots would even sign a guy like Montae with his known issues. If your answer to either question is "No", then i feel I've proved my point.
Antonio Brown makes poor life choices and Belichick snapped him up like 2 seconds after the Raiders released him. If the rape allegations hadn't come out AB would still be playing for the Pats today. Does that answer your question?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-17-2019, 06:51 PM   #47
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Breaking: Montae Nicholson left woman at hospital before she died from drug overdose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Antonio Brown makes poor life choices and Belichick snapped him up like 2 seconds after the Raiders released him. If the rape allegations hadn't come out AB would still be playing for the Pats today. Does that answer your question?
Yes 100%, but i'm sure you didn't realize you answered it for me. You really are comparing two different things. AB yells at his GM and gets canned, and Belichick picks him up. Rape Allegation comes out and AB is off the team. AB was never proven guilty, so why did the Pats cut him? But he was never arrested or charged, so why is he not playing?

If it comes out that Montae gave her the drugs that killed her, do you still think he should be here, because in your opinion, "people make poor life choices"? Should we keep a guy on our team that is having parties where people die from drugs?
Old 11-17-2019, 08:58 PM   #48
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Investigation into what? What did he do exactly?

I'm all for replacing Montae Nicholson as a player, but the only thing he's guilty of is making poor life choices. That isn't a crime though.
You call beating a guy unconscious who was no longer fighting back a "poor life choice"? That one was on tape, Montae is a POS as a human being, plain and simple.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 09:01 PM   #49
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
You call beating a guy unconscious who was no longer fighting back a "poor life choice"? That one was on tape, Montae is a POS as a human being, plain and simple.
Yes, I do.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:07 PM   #50
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Yes 100%, but i'm sure you didn't realize you answered it for me. You really are comparing two different things. AB yells at his GM and gets canned, and Belichick picks him up. Rape Allegation comes out and AB is off the team. AB was never proven guilty, so why did the Pats cut him? But he was never arrested or charged, so why is he not playing?

If it comes out that Montae gave her the drugs that killed her, do you still think he should be here, because in your opinion, "people make poor life choices"? Should we keep a guy on our team that is having parties where people die from drugs?
Am I? Even Belichick makes exceptions for jackasses if they're talented enough. And I think you're selling AB short, they cut him after they had exhausted every option to try and get him to show up and work.

Also, a rape allegation is different than dating someone with a drug addiction. Sorry if you can't tell the difference.

BTW the article clearly says her dad found a "black substance wrapped in tinfoil" in her room. Now, I'm no drug expert, but going by what I've learned in life if I had to guess I'd say that's heroin, probably black tar.

Unless you're suggesting Montae Nicholson supplies her with black tar heroin, I'd put good odds on him not being her dealer.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:15 PM   #51
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I do.
Seriously? How would you feel if you or one of your loved ones was drug out into the street and beaten till you or they had permanent brain damage by one of Montae's "poor life choices"?
Old 11-18-2019, 08:36 AM   #52
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Idk Schneed, if we start railing against any Redskins for hanging out in places where people are doing serious drugs (aka a club) our roster might end up pretty thin at the important spots. I think most NFL players aren't cautious about when to partake because they have a good general idea of when they're going to be tested.

It really wouldn't surprise me to find out they were all doing molly/e/whatever. And the NFL hands out scripts like candy, maybe she OD'd off Montae's supply.

Did anyone hold Montae in good character before this? I'd dump him because he's not that good of a player and now he's making repeatedly poor life choices.
If they're hanging out in clubs late at night during the season then getting rid of all of those players is EXACTLY what we need to change the culture around here.

How anybody goes along thinking any of these things are acceptable is beyond me.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:10 AM   #53
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Seriously? How would you feel if you or one of your loved ones was drug out into the street and beaten till you or they had permanent brain damage by one of Montae's "poor life choices"?
A. we don't know the events leading up to it. All I know is Montae made a poor life choice deciding to act with his fists instead of talking it out.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:15 AM   #54
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
If they're hanging out in clubs late at night during the season then getting rid of all of those players is EXACTLY what we need to change the culture around here.

How anybody goes along thinking any of these things are acceptable is beyond me.
I'm just saying, in today's league talented players are also headcases for a reason. The kind of headcases that are willing to go out partying on a Fri/Sat night before a game.

Do you not read players stories that they put out there? I'd say partying during a game week is probably a leaguewide problem. Maybe the Pats are the exception because Belichick has won 6 SB's, but you think Antonio Brown wasn't doing whatever the hell he wanted when he was with the Steelers (another "model" organization with the proper culture).

If you want talented guys on your team you're gonna have to put up with their ego's too. The Kerrigans of the NFL world (team first, does his job good, will never have off-the-field trouble) are a rarity.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:36 AM   #55
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Mooby think about this....

As a Football player, my behavior on and off the field is under a microscope. I know this, so ignorance isn't an excuse.

Im extremely privileged to make a ton of money and to do the thing I love

Knowing this, I made a terrible mistake of a street fight on the mean streets of western Fairfax (sarcasm, Fairfax is an elitist, privileged 1% county in the US). I got a mulligan for this mistake.

I follow this up by dating a heroin addict. We know this drug is highly illegal and users surround themselves with terrible people. Yet, I letting her use in my home and know this can kill her. He cares so much about her that he drops her off to die and chose not to be there with her.

You seriously gonna be an apologist for him?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:56 AM   #56
TheGuyFromOverThere
Impact Rookie

I find it rather amusing to see people wanting him fired for, according to the reports, doing nothing wrong except for dating someone with an addiction... the same people who defended a guy who beat a kid bloody with a stick and even said he wiuld do it again.
TheGuyFromOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:38 AM   #57
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuyFromOverThere View Post
I find it rather amusing to see people wanting him fired for, according to the reports, doing nothing wrong except for dating someone with an addiction... the same people who defended a guy who beat a kid bloody with a stick and even said he wiuld do it again.
I think you missed the point. His behavior does not align itself with someone dedicated to being the best football player he can be. A team full of Montae Nicholsons will get you nothing but an unprepared bottom feeder team that is an embarrassment to the NFL. I am pretty sure there aren't many pro bowlers that stay up late partying with drug addicts in the middle of the work week. Also most people I have known in my lifetime that did hard drugs hung out with fellow drug users. I think that is pretty common.

While beating a 3 year old with a switch is a disgusting act that should have landed Peterson in jail an act like that does not effect his ability as a football player.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:59 AM   #58
SunnySide
Playmaker

Surprised he started. He should have been inactive .... I guess the Skins wanted all hands on deck for this win.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:08 PM   #59
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Mooby think about this....

As a Football player, my behavior on and off the field is under a microscope. I know this, so ignorance isn't an excuse.

Im extremely privileged to make a ton of money and to do the thing I love

Knowing this, I made a terrible mistake of a street fight on the mean streets of western Fairfax (sarcasm, Fairfax is an elitist, privileged 1% county in the US). I got a mulligan for this mistake.

I follow this up by dating a heroin addict. We know this drug is highly illegal and users surround themselves with terrible people. Yet, I letting her use in my home and know this can kill her. He cares so much about her that he drops her off to die and chose not to be there with her.

You seriously gonna be an apologist for him?
The WaPo article indicated he stayed at the hospital for 1/2 hr and left after meeting her brother there. LCSO are the ones saying he dropped her off because he didn't stay there to talk to police. All indications are afterward he is fully cooperating with them.

Can I be clear? I want to replace Montae Nicholson because he's not a good football player, and he's already made poor life choices like getting into unnecessary fights off the field.

But the tone here is that dating a heroin addict and then watching her die due to her addictions is a crime that he should be punished for.

Have any of you ever considered perspective? He was dating her for 6 months, he's probably hurting right now asking himself if there's anything he could've done differently that would've saved her life.

You guys are acting like he dropped her like a bad habit. That he's this totally emotionless/lacking remorse/empathy thug who showed a total lack of concern for her.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:25 PM   #60
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Unless he supplied her the drugs, he did nothing wrong. Lesson learned, don't date a heroin addict. Very rarely will that end in anything but something bad. NFL players are normal people that happen to be good at football. They still have the same urges we all have. In my early 20's, no way I'm going 6 months without partying. Yes, you should surround yourself with better people, but you aren't responsible for their decisions.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote