Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-22-2022, 10:39 AM   #436
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner

Report: NFL owners are “counting votes” toward a possible ouster of Daniel Snyder

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...daniel-snyder/

It would take 24 votes to get rid of him. Of course, that would be just the beginning, not the end. Snyder would surely fight hard to not be forced to sell his business. Although the various members of Club Oligarch accept the rules of life in the league, the antitrust violation that would come from 24 or more business owners forcing another business owner to sell his or her business is hiding in plain sight.

Still, the rest of the owners are moving toward their breaking point with Snyder.

This isn’t new. We’ve reported on multiple occasions that Snyder is on thin ice. During Super Bowl week, we confirmed past reporting from 106.7 The Fan in D.C. that, if the league had asked attorney Beth Wilkinson for a written recommendation at the conclusion of her 10-month investigation into chronic workplace misconduct in Washington, she would have recommended that Snyder be forced to sell.

The league retained Mary Jo White, not Wilkinson, to investigate more recent claims of misconduct made against Snyder by former Washington employee Tiffani Johnston. We reported on the day of Super Bowl LVI that, “As one ownership-level source recently put it, the Johnston allegations could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back for the league, prompting Snyder’s partners to take steps to push him out.”

That was before the allegations of financial improprieties. Those allegations included a claim from a long-time employee that money was being kept from Snyder’s partners.

As we’ve said plenty of times here and particularly on PFT Live, Snyder has had so many issues and controversies and allegations that, regardless of the merits of each one, at some point the mere existence of the issues and controversies and allegations become enough to justify pushing him out. At least one owner seems to agree with that position.

“There’s growing frustration about the Washington situation and not over one issue, but over how much smoke there is,” an unnamed owner told Bell. “I think everybody’s getting tired of it.”

The people not involved in NFL ownership definitely are tired of it. The question is whether the owners are willing to hold Snyder to a standard that potentially could be applied to them in the future. That’s why he got a pass last year. That’s why the league didn’t ask for a written report from Wilkinson. If a report had been created, Snyder’s ongoing ownership of the team would have become untenable. And every other current and future owner would have had to worry about the possibility that claims made by disgruntled employees could trigger the same outcome for them.

Again, they weren’t protecting Snyder by brushing it all under the rug. They were protecting themselves.

It’s gotten to the point where they possibly aren’t worried about that. Where they perhaps realize that none of them has to be concerned about being held to the same standard, because none of them would ever be involved in so many controversies.

The financial irregularities become the potential icing on the toxic cake. A source told us after the news broke that, if Snyder was indeed picking the pockets of his partners, it would be his “death knell.”

Bell echoes that reality with this quote from an unnamed owner: “If that happened, I think that’s the nail in the coffin.”

Bell also reports that owners “vehemently raised” concerns about the lack of a written report during league meetings in March. Again, Commissioner Roger Goodell and the league, while directly helping Snyder, was doing the rest of them a favor by not creating a road map for regime change. However, that absence of transparency has hounded the league for months, culminating in a Congressional investigation.

The irony continues to be that the release of emails that brought down Raiders coach Jon Gruden triggered a delayed effort to push the NFL and the Commanders or more transparency. Without the Gruden hit job, Congress most likely never would have shown up.

Some think the Gruden emails were released not by the league office but by Snyder. Whoever did it, the universe of suspects is small. If it turns out that Snyder lit the fuse on the bomb that ultimately blows up in his face, he’ll get what he deserves. Then again, there’s a pretty good chance he deserves it anyway.

Throw in the fact that there is evidence that he’s not really serving a suspension when he’s supposed to be, and it’s very difficult to feel bad for Snyder about the direction in which this could be heading.

Advertisements
Old 05-22-2022, 07:48 PM   #437
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Wishful thinking G1 - but a man can wish.

I think the owners don't want to do anything that could come back to haunt them in the future - I'm sure there's plenty of skeletons around the NFL - but at the same time no doubt they're as sick of the headlines as we are.

Depends on Congress imo - if the financial allegations about withholding revenue prove true and severe enough - maybe that could be enough to topple the regime. But don't hold your breath.
Old 05-23-2022, 08:41 AM   #438
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I want to see Dan embarrassed and humiliated. He needs to be humbled. He is a shitty person who stiffs employees, intimidates and treats people like shit. He has a serious Napoleon complex. Owning an NFL team is a privilege and should be treated as such. He failed at that and it is time to move on. Make it happen NFL.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 01:56 PM   #439
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I want to see Dan embarrassed and humiliated. He needs to be humbled. He is a shitty person who stiffs employees, intimidates and treats people like shit. He has a serious Napoleon complex. Owning an NFL team is a privilege and should be treated as such. He failed at that and it is time to move on. Make it happen NFL.
The only humbling would be forcing him to sell the team. He still gets rewarded by earning 3-5 billion dollars by selling - he just no longer gets the joy of being an owner. That's the best case scenario. Worst case - he owns it until he dies and we suffer through 40 more years of misery.
Old 05-23-2022, 01:58 PM   #440
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Speaking for myself , I want him out. I remember when they were the Redskins under a HOF Coach in Gibbs and they were iconic games, they made the Giants better. I would love to be back there and be the top division in the NFL.
Old 06-01-2022, 01:16 PM   #441
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I saw a tweet saying that Goodell and Snyder have been called to testify before the Congressional subcommittee. Man I hope that wakes Goodell out of the trance of Dan Snyder.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 01:23 PM   #442
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I saw a tweet saying that Goodell and Snyder have been called to testify before the Congressional subcommittee. Man I hope that wakes Goodell out of the trance of Dan Snyder.
You need 24 owners to wake up out of the trance of Dan Snyder. Goodell can have his opinion, but can't do anything if 24 owners are not on board to get rid of Snyder.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 01:45 PM   #443
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
If you think Happy Thanksgivings was cringe, I couldn’t imagine Snyder testifying.

Snyder has never taken responsibility for anything he has done and I don’t expect to see him him in front of congress

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 02:02 PM   #444
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Thank goodness Watson didn't come here. Snyder/Watson combo would just be next level shit.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 03:26 PM   #445
MTK
\m/

Quote:
zero chance he shows
Old 06-01-2022, 06:13 PM   #446
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
zero chance he shows
Of course he won't. He's a coward and a rat who hides behind PR statements. I believe he is the rat that outed Gruden. Rats always run when light is pointed at them. But I hope he is forced to go. That will be so much watching him squirm and take hard questions. He will have nowhere to hide.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 06:42 PM   #447
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The only humbling would be forcing him to sell the team. He still gets rewarded by earning 3-5 billion dollars by selling - he just no longer gets the joy of being an owner. That's the best case scenario. Worst case - he owns it until he dies and we suffer through 40 more years of misery.
Are you telling me that I may have to put up with Snyder until I'm 114 years old?
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 06:59 PM   #448
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Are you telling me that I may have to put up with Snyder until I'm 114 years old?
That's exactly what I'm saying.

Dan Snyder "From Beyond the Crypt"

Old 06-02-2022, 07:41 PM   #449
kct1975
The Starter

Thought you all might find this article interesting...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...7b9957f294c659

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2022, 10:09 PM   #450
redskins1
Camp Scrub

Snyder is going nowhere...All the owners have skeletons that is known by all of them,He that cast the first stone WELL it won't be any casting...The owners might be dumb but there not stupid...
redskins1 is offline   Reply With Quote