Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 12:15 PM   #181
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Kirk Cousins 365 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
The thing that bothers me I guess is that he doesn't seem to care if he's on the Redskins or not. He just wants to be where he's wanted aka whoever pays him the most. All he says is its not up to me, seems like a I don't care if I'm here type answer. I haven't heard him say something like "I want to be a Redskin but it's also a business...".

Ahh, you guys are right though, I sound like like a chick lol. I'm done talking about it until he's signed, franchised, traded, etc. Whenever that happens I'll see what I think of whatever decision was made.
Re: the bolded, I think that's a fairly fatalistic view of it. I read Cousins' comments and actions as being deliberate in maintaining as much leverage over the team as possible.

Advertisements
Old 01-26-2017, 12:16 PM   #182
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
I think people are reading a little too much into what Kirk Cousins is saying - or not saying. I think he's trying his best to just not say much and basically trying to say whatever happens, happens. His agent probably told him not to really elaborate, simply because he doesn't want to lose any leverage he might have in the negotiation. That's pretty standard. Let the team say they want him or not - which sounds like that was conveyed this week with Bruce and Jay. Let's just wait and see what happens. I think it's highly unlikely that Cousins is not playing as a Redskin next year.
Like all players, he's getting guidance from the people around him, particularly his agent. Unlike other players, he's smart enough to heed their advice. I'm sure Garcon's agents doesn't want him to be so outspoken about staying with the team. At the end of the day, it's a business relationship, not a personal one.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:25 PM   #183
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Re: the bolded, I think that's a fairly fatalistic view of it. I read Cousins' comments and actions as being deliberate in maintaining as much leverage over the team as possible.
Yeah, could be it too. Like I said I'm done with trying to be a mind reader and over analyzing every little thing. When whatever deal/decision is made, I'll weigh in again. Until then it's all mock drafts and player scouting reports for me.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:07 PM   #184
Schneed10
A Dude

Here's my view of it all.

Cousins wants long term security, which means darn good guaranteed money. That said, I think he likes being with the Redskins, and knows that with these weapons and with this line, his chances of putting up numbers here continue to be good. So if the team gives him a fair offer, with good guaranteed money, he will take it.

But he certainly won't compromise his agent's negotiating position. So he's not going to publicly say oh I'm a Redskin forever, blah blah. He's going to say things like 'Yes I would love to be back in Washington under the right set of circumstances."

Last year the team's offer was just too darn low, they weren't convinced. Now they have seen another year. We'll see just how convinced they are now, but once they're allowed to offer him a contract in February, I'm sure it will be a legit offer, not a lowball.

As long as it's fair, and it gets in Cousins ballpark, I think he'll sign long term. He's not there to squeeze every dollar out of the team. And I don't think the team has the same concerns as they did last year.

I expect them to get it done. I think they both want each other now, and this is all just part of the dance.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:15 PM   #185
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

^ good recap, I hate dancing. Let's just play this damn super bowl and get it over with.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:34 PM   #186
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Also, Cousins just doesn't strike me as the type of guy who just wants a payday anywhere. I truly believe he wants to succeed.

So we let him walk? Good luck in San Francisco or LA with those lines/WRs. No way in hell he would put up the numbers or have the success he has here.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:20 PM   #187
Brody81
Impact Rookie

This is from Kirk today: https://twitter.com/mastertes/status/824672262976663553

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2017, 02:27 PM   #188
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Perfect, that's the type thing I wanted to hear.

Note - when you're trying to sneak in a Warpath post at your desk at work you make mistakes like spelling to hear as here.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 01-26-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:28 PM   #189
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody81 View Post
This is from Kirk today: https://twitter.com/mastertes/status/824672262976663553

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well...whats the tag this year? 24-25 mill..So we paid 45 million for 2 years guaranteed....oh yeah, im sure he is feels happy.

Folks lets get a long term deal so we can get the guaranteed money spread out and gives us more control over our cap situation....regardless of what Cousins says, he would love seeing that franchise tag with guaranteed money this year.

He Gets Us
Old 01-26-2017, 02:28 PM   #190
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

That just sounds way better than, it's not up to me.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:26 PM   #191
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

They'll get a deal done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2017, 05:13 PM   #192
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I agree in that it would be nice for KC to say..." Hey, this is where I want to be, I want to retire a Redskin and hopefully bring more SB's to DC." Getting a little tired of him saying he "wants to play where I'm wanted." Um you just went from 600k to 20 million. Do you feel unwanted making 20 million????? I get that he's had to put up with some BS but it's his job now. And the FO has made this an offensive team. IDK.. just getting tired of it on both sides. They need to get a long term deal done... now.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:43 PM   #193
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I think you have to go all the way back and look and see what transpired when KC was drafted.He was drafted because the Shanahans didn't believe in RGIII but that all so pulled him out of the running as a number one QB any where else and that goes along with the money.Seems he has a good relationship with the Shanahans and if you lose one or possibly both Garcon and Jackson would KC still want to stay?
He likes Gruden and if you can keep his offense intact I think he would stay but I just get the feeling he would leave if he lose's those receivers.If San Fran gets Shanahan and gives him(KC) job security with receiver help I can see him leaving.The Skins I know he loves and he likes Gruden but I don't know if there is any love for Snyder to make him stay here?
Old 01-26-2017, 08:02 PM   #194
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I'd be worried about your offense. You have an old qb, your best player is Terrell Owens, and you have a sieve for a LT.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:15 PM   #195
FlyerSkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I agree in that it would be nice for KC to say..." Hey, this is where I want to be, I want to retire a Redskin and hopefully bring more SB's to DC." Getting a little tired of him saying he "wants to play where I'm wanted." Um you just went from 600k to 20 million. Do you feel unwanted making 20 million????? I get that he's had to put up with some BS but it's his job now. And the FO has made this an offensive team. IDK.. just getting tired of it on both sides. They need to get a long term deal done... now.
He wants to get big time guaranteed mullah and security to go with it. I think the Skins are wavering for the same reason as last time. Yeah Kirk has improved stat wise, but he still folds under pressure against any team with a decent pass rush. How can you get to the Big Show if you can't hang with the big boys? I know most of us in here are definitely for getting a deal done quickly, but I don't think that is going to happen, as I think there might be some hesitation in the FO that he is actually worth what he probably will be asking for. Face it, he didn't finish the year out on a high note like last season, and he looked average at best. Blame the D for the losses all you want, but he got stymied by the Panthers, and didn't look very good against the Cardinals either. Don't be too surprised if we draft a QB. I am not really thinking they will, but they just might pull a "Doctson" on us.
Closed Thread