Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-06-2020, 12:33 PM   #166
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
So let's see some proof this is being considered

If it was I'm sure hacks like Florio would be all over it
It’s an opinion...I believe it’s probably been discussed, steps to reduce mentions, broadcasting, the term redskins, replays of skins games, etc. they wouldn’t spend the time to redub broadcast through.

It’s certainly reasonable at this period where retards are attempting rewrite history like the 1619 project which is based on proven falsehoods and outright lies...removing catholic priests statues as white supremaciest, and remove Abraham Lincoln statues as the same.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-06-2020, 01:38 PM   #167
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
People wanted the name gone, but I never heard someone say the name needs to go and the entire team history scrubbed clean.
I've never heard anything either. Honestly, any rumors are probably people who are still pissed off about the name change and can't get over it.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:05 PM   #168
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Why not edit the helmets too while they're at it
Nah, they just need to bleep out the R word and blur any footage with the Redskins logo in it. Could you imagine? The All-22 came only shows the opposing team, and every Redskins player is blurred out? LOL.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:07 PM   #169
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It’s an opinion...I believe it’s probably been discussed, steps to reduce mentions, broadcasting, the term redskins, replays of skins games, etc. they wouldn’t spend the time to redub broadcast through.

It’s certainly reasonable at this period where retards are attempting rewrite history like the 1619 project which is based on proven falsehoods and outright lies...removing catholic priests statues as white supremaciest, and remove Abraham Lincoln statues as the same.
LOL this is the bone I have to pick with you Chico. A couple nutjobs start using a platform to promote their nutjob ideas like removing Abe Lincoln statues or renaming the Texas Rangers and you literally start talking about it like it's this massive threat that needs to be priority #1.

Worry about it when the crowd starts demanding Abe Lincoln statues get torn down, not when one asshole starts promoting the concept.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:31 AM   #170
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
The mob got what they wanted with the name. Nobody is going to care about what people are wearing to games. At least not enough to generate the type of pressure to have the team ban Redskins gear.
That will be next. Watch.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 08:24 AM   #171
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
The old Redskins gear will be worn by many fans this season. But every year there will be less doing so. Especially when the new team name comes out and the team starts winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately that is probably true. Additionally, the name likely caused a majority of Redskins fans to move on (primarily in the diaspora which made up the majority of fans) and once a new name is picked more will move on. So yes I can see fewer and fewer wearing Redskins gear at the games and other places in the coming years.

Last edited by nonniey; 08-08-2020 at 12:59 PM.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:34 AM   #172
Warthog
The Starter

Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Unfortunately that is probably true. Additionally, the name likely caused a majority of Redskins fans to move on (primarily in the diaspora which made up the majority of fans) and once a new name is picked more will move on. So yes I can see fewer and fewer wearing Redskins gear at the games and other places in the coming years.

You’re right. If the team picks a cool mascot AND the most popular team name as evidenced by fan mail, polls, etc , such as to the Washington RED WOLVES that whole name transition will accelerate very rapidly. The team also has some young players about to break out and become legit stars: Young, McLaurin, Haskins. That will make people want their favorite player’s jerseys which can either be the anemic WFT logo or the RED WOLVES!

I can’t remember when the Eagles went from that Irish green (called Kelly green) jersey color to their darker, harder green jerseys. I think it was 1996. It wasn’t even a name change, just a color change. The change was gradual. Now 24 years later not one in 100 Eagles fans are still in the old green.

If the WFT chooses a wildly popular team name & logo AND some current young players start to become real team stars AND the team starts finally winning you’ll see the fans move over to the new logo quickly. WFT gear will go right away. In just two years, with hot stars making a serious run in the playoffs and every fan will want to join the party with the new logo!! In ten years you’ll see a few Redskin curmudgeons or die hards, but the vast majority will be with the RED WOLVES stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 09-06-2020 at 09:36 PM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote