Bucs beat down postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-16-2021, 05:23 PM   #121
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Bucs beat down postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The story is sus but without any evidence it's just hearsay. Easier just to blame the common denominator.

I was hoping with the major field reconstruction it would be the last we'd hear about terrible injuries happening with our turf, but I guess not.
That was a joke about the waterslide.

Is the turf to blame, or is it just football injuries? Seems like the same injuries happen on all the fields - turf, grass, dome, outdoor...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-16-2021, 05:29 PM   #122
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

Yall out your collective got damn minds.

Playoffs?

Were tied for 2nd worst in the NFC.

There are 7 teams ahead of us for the 3 WC spots.

At 3-6 we are tied with the Giants and Seahawks who just got Russell Wilson back.
From JP Finlay:

Every NFC team, with the exception of the Lions is within one game of the postseason (in the loss column).

7 Panthers 5-5
8 Vikings 4-5
9 49ers 4-5
10 Falcons 4-5
11 Eagles 4-6
12 WFT 3-6
13 Giants 3-6
14 Seahawks 3-6
15 Bears 3-6
Old 11-16-2021, 06:21 PM   #123
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
From JP Finlay:

Every NFC team, with the exception of the Lions is within one game of the postseason (in the loss column).

7 Panthers 5-5
8 Vikings 4-5
9 49ers 4-5
10 Falcons 4-5
11 Eagles 4-6
12 WFT 3-6
13 Giants 3-6
14 Seahawks 3-6
15 Bears 3-6
Man, the power that one game has. 3 hours of good football has made everybody forget the preceding 1 month of absolutely terrible football.

Sunday was a good first step to climbing out of the dumpster. But if we want to even think about playoffs, we have to build off of it and continue to progress and compete every week. We could just as easily regress next Sunday and then lose all the hope we gained last week. Only time will tell.
Old 11-16-2021, 06:46 PM   #124
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Talking about playoff is def crazy town…we gotta go on a serious streak

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 07:27 PM   #125
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Man, the power that one game has. 3 hours of good football has made everybody forget the preceding 1 month of absolutely terrible football.

Sunday was a good first step to climbing out of the dumpster. But if we want to even think about playoffs, we have to build off of it and continue to progress and compete every week. We could just as easily regress next Sunday and then lose all the hope we gained last week. Only time will tell.
I'm just pointing out, or reposting, how things are shaping up in the NFC. I haven't forgotten about the last month, or the last 30 years for that matter.

They have given us no reason to believe that the game vs Tampa is somehow the corner turned, but it was encouraging.
Old 11-16-2021, 07:49 PM   #126
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I'm just pointing out, or reposting, how things are shaping up in the NFC. I haven't forgotten about the last month, or the last 30 years for that matter.

They have given us no reason to believe that the game vs Tampa is somehow the corner turned, but it was encouraging.
+1

It was the first step - you can't take the next steps without the first step.

It could mean something, or mean nothing. We'll see if they can keep it going this weekend.

Also I wasn't saying that at you specifically, just that the general vibe here is that we have some sort of buzz and maybe we can start thinking playoffs - and I'm just sitting here like "pump the gd brakes" lol
Old 11-16-2021, 08:15 PM   #127
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
From JP Finlay:

7 Panthers 5-5
8 Vikings 4-5
9 49ers 4-5
10 Falcons 4-5
11 Eagles 4-6
12 WFT 3-6
13 Giants 3-6
14 Seahawks 3-6
15 Bears 3-6
Mostly trash ass teams that should not sniff the playoffs. The owners have totally watered down the playoff system. Who wants to see a team like Carolina make it in?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 09:00 PM   #128
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Mostly trash ass teams that should not sniff the playoffs. The owners have totally watered down the playoff system. Who wants to see a team like Carolina make it in?

Honestly I’d be happy with the Vikings getting in. Their offense is fun to watch
Old 11-16-2021, 09:43 PM   #129
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Went through the All 22. Felt so good. Excellent game all around. That last drive was a masterpiece.

I thought Heinicke, although he was off on a couple of throws that could've been picked, not only had a very good game (and a couple of drops by RSJ and Terry), but showed improvement in something he wasn't great at before: anticipation.

2 examples of really nice throws displaying that progress in anticipation:

Connection with Milne, in between zone, under some pressure

Another really nice one to Terry

Oline played really well, and Larsen held his ground.

He can be exposed with lack of speed though, as highlighted below:

But he also made some really nice plays, such as this one, handles the stunt perfectly and keeps looking for guys to block:

Obviously Allen was excellent. If you're just looking at the box score and thinking the Dline didn't sack Brady, you're missing on just how constantly they pressured him and took away his ability to throw anything downfield (along with pretty good coverage).

Awesome run stop on 3rd down (leading to the 4th down easily converted, see further below):

Didn't remember Allen had that kind of pressure on the McCain interception. Had to influence Brady's throw to some extent:

We've been hard on Fuller, rightfully so, and yes he got burnt on Evans' TD. But he also made some nice plays.

Really nice coverage on this one, he's not a press guy, but with a cussion he has really good vision and reacts well:

And the traditional WR screen read, react, TFL:
Old 11-16-2021, 09:43 PM   #130
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Some miscellaneous now:

Why the F weren't we prepared for Brady's QB sneak on 4th down (look at the left A gap pre snap) ?

Just putting one more nail in the coffin of this "Apke is the best STer ever" narrative, just look at him whiffing on 2 blocks, middle of the screen towards the end of the play, is this elite ST play?

We've also been rightfully harsh on CY, so just for the sake of it, here's a really nice play he made against the run before getting injured:

And, because overall I thought JDR did a really good job of bringing pressure without exposing our back field, being quite creative with different fronts, here is a really nice blitz call, 5 man front + stunt with blitzing LB:
Old 11-16-2021, 09:56 PM   #131
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Nice job French. Larson stepping in and playing decent is big. Oline really has played nice this year.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 10:19 PM   #132
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
+1

It was the first step - you can't take the next steps without the first step.

It could mean something, or mean nothing. We'll see if they can keep it going this weekend.

Also I wasn't saying that at you specifically, just that the general vibe here is that we have some sort of buzz and maybe we can start thinking playoffs - and I'm just sitting here like "pump the gd brakes" lol
Yeah no doubt, we've been through this before, many times. Gotta show me more before I can get too excited.
Old 11-17-2021, 01:16 AM   #133
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Glad to know I wasn't the only one left scratching my head at the huge gap left for Bradys 4th down QB sneak, and that whiff by Larsen must be embarrassing to watch in the film room afterwards when a 300+ pound NT beats you that badly for speed.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:05 AM   #134
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Glad to know I wasn't the only one left scratching my head at the huge gap left for Bradys 4th down QB sneak, and that whiff by Larsen must be embarrassing to watch in the film room afterwards when a 300+ pound NT beats you that badly for speed.
Yeah the Larsen whiff is pretty ugly ^^ But the big man had a very decent game. When our Olinmen started to go down I was like "oh jeez we going full Catalina and Bergstorm again...", but they more than exceeded expectations.

Has Ron (and/or JDR but I doubt the later said anything) been asked about that 4th down sneak ? Brady is so good at it he may very well be getting it no matter what we do on that distance, but man I was like "so the whole world minus our Defense and staff knew it was going to be a QB sneak ?"...
Old 11-17-2021, 08:34 AM   #135
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Yeah, that was weak. He does that 100% of the time, so it couldn't have been a surprise - but the way they defended it was...