Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-15-2022, 08:40 AM   #376
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: 2022 off season thread part 1

If they give up a first for him ill throw in the towel on this team. He is propped up by that defense, and run game. If he were our quarterback this past year we are no better and no worse. Id rather watch TH for a cheaper price and keep the first. I’ve waited this many years for a quarterback I can wait one more for a real one without panicking and throwing away picks and money for this guy.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-15-2022, 09:19 AM   #377
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Teams overpay for QBs. That's just the way it is. Desperate teams are even more prone to overpay - and this team is in that category. I'm not going to allow myself to be surprised that they overpaid for whoever the QB is next year.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:26 AM   #378
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
If they give up a first for him ill throw in the towel on this team. He is propped up by that defense, and run game. If he were our quarterback this past year we are no better and no worse. Id rather watch TH for a cheaper price and keep the first. I’ve waited this many years for a quarterback I can wait one more for a real one without panicking and throwing away picks and money for this guy.
I think you're kidding yourself if you don't think Jimmy G would be a big upgrade over TH. I'm not even a big fan of JG, and I think this says more about how mediocre TH is, but JG would definitely make us instantly much more competitive. Would I give up a first rounder for him? Hell no.
Old 02-15-2022, 09:35 AM   #379
ArizonaSkinFan
Camp Scrub

Jimmy G is a version of Alex Smith who isn't afraid to throw downfield. Washington can win with that. San Francisco has gone on record saying they aren't moving him if they don't get what they want. Could just be posturing not sure

Jimmy G vs Winston? Hmmm interesting. I would take either instead of reaching on one of this years rookies.
ArizonaSkinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:36 AM   #380
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I think you're kidding yourself if you don't think Jimmy G would be a big upgrade over TH. I'm not even a big fan of JG, and I think this says more about how mediocre TH is, but JG would definitely make us instantly much more competitive. Would I give up a first rounder for him? Hell no.
The problem is the Alex Smith double whammy…the trade AND the contract. What are you gonna commit to both of these?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:40 AM   #381
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The problem is the Alex Smith double whammy…the trade AND the contract. What are you gonna commit to both of these?
Yeah not much, I was just talking strictly about his abilities vs TH. I'm not a big fan of JG at all but he's definitely an upgrade. I'm definitely not interested in giving up significant assets and committing to him with a big extension.

The Carson Wentz situation is much more interesting to me.
Old 02-15-2022, 09:45 AM   #382
ArizonaSkinFan
Camp Scrub

Good opinions on the QB situation in this thread. All are valid.

The more I think about it I would go with Winston because he is a free agent and we wouldn't have to give up a pick. If you love Pickett or Coral or Willis draft them also and the QB situation is resolved for awhile.

If you don't love one of the QBs go linebacker or another position of need.
ArizonaSkinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 01:01 PM   #383
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
He's in the tier of Cousins IMO, Give him a good line and Run game and he can win
Old 02-15-2022, 01:02 PM   #384
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Report: The #Commanders, #Eagles, #Panthers and #Broncos are all prepared to take a “major swing” at the QB position, per @AlbertBreer
Old 02-15-2022, 01:07 PM   #385
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I reckon it's pretty simple:

1) Russell Wilson - if we can get him and not overpay (too many picks) we'd be stupid not to. It gives RR the veteran he prefers with a proven track record and still plenty of years in the tank. I'd then draft for other needs and keep TH as backup (proven). However, I'm not sure given the market we can get him. At least not without selling the farm, and even assuming he would entertain coming here.
2) I'd pick up someone like Winston in FA. He was doing OK in NO before getting hurt and he'd definitely be an upgrade over TH starting (though that's not saying too much). Again, I'd keep TH as #2.
3) I'd look at a trade for Jimmy G. Like Winston he's not the best option, but better than what we have. Again I'd keep TH as #2. However, I strongly suspect he'll go elsewhere, not least because the 9ers could look to stiff us on any deal. i would NOT surrender major picks for him despite it being a sellers market.
3) I'd draft the best of the top 3 QB's available when we pick. Mocks suggest at least 2 QB's gone before we pick, but if we could get Willis, Howell or even Pickett that would be a good result. I'm not convinced about Corral, or overly convinced by the top 3 for that matter, but on the other hand, if we can get option 2 or 3 above and still able to draft at #11 I'd be OK with the pick and have him as a project. But I would not trade up with the quality available in this draft. If you're going to give up picks in a trade, give them up for a known value.
4) There is no option 4. We need a new starting QB. ASAP.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 01:41 PM   #386
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Report: The #Commanders, #Eagles, #Panthers and #Broncos are all prepared to take a “major swing” at the QB position, per @AlbertBreer
Breer really going out on a limb with that one
Old 02-15-2022, 03:16 PM   #387
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

One thing I would consider since GB is planning on keeping Rodgers. I would inquire about Jordan Love and what would it take to get him. He’s been in the league 3 years, is unproven but would be better than anyone coming out of college.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 03:17 PM   #388
Redskins 2021
Camp Scrub

Wentz on the cheap and his last chance sounds good.
Redskins 2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 03:38 PM   #389
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
One thing I would consider since GB is planning on keeping Rodgers. I would inquire about Jordan Love and what would it take to get him. He’s been in the league 3 years, is unproven but would be better than anyone coming out of college.
I think he's worth a 3rd round trade. He has potential
Old 02-15-2022, 03:54 PM   #390
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Sources: With the full support of Dave Ziegler and Josh McDaniels, the #Raiders plan to offer Derek Carr top-tier QB money. I’m told that Carr is seeking in the range of $35M+. It’s also worth noting that both sides are open to a short-term extension.

Take Carr off the list