Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 11:05 PM   #511
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Definitely no credit for Allen regarding Cousins, not when he should have traded him once the 2nd tag went down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Biggest mistake of this team was to not get rid of him when there was a market for a trade.
R.I.P. #21

Advertisements
Old 12-30-2018, 11:07 PM   #512
rocnrik
Playmaker

Yea to get nothing for Cousins then factor in what we had to give up in the Alex deal plus the 4th Rd for Ha Ha .. dang I get depressed thinking about all the drama that goes on here..the way they handled Scott whew... hard to make excuses for this owner! It’s all on him every single thing is on him !! Empty stadium shows fans are sick and if nothing is done to bring in some new highly respected football people here I would say we are doomed to become the worst in league.. my only positive is how the hell did this team win 7 games??
Old 12-30-2018, 11:14 PM   #513
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Yea to get nothing for Cousins then factor in what we had to give up in the Alex deal plus the 4th Rd for Ha Ha .. dang I get depressed thinking about all the drama that goes on here..the way they handled Scott whew... hard to make excuses for this owner! It’s all on him every single thing is on him !! Empty stadium shows fans are sick and if nothing is done to bring in some new highly respected football people here I would say we are doomed to become the worst in league.. my only positive is how the hell did this team win 7 games??
A somewhat healthy team with Alex Smith won 6 out of those 7 games.
R.I.P. #21
Old 12-30-2018, 11:22 PM   #514
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:

Snyder had nothing to do with the Scot situation. That was all Jay and the Prince of Darkness.

The trade for HaHa was good at the time - we looked to be a contender. There’s really not much difference in picks rounds 4-7, so it won’t hurt us that badly.

Also, the team won 6 of those 7 games because Alex smith played unimpressive but mistake free football.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:22 PM   #515
rocnrik
Playmaker

Yep .. I guess the injuries will be the reason they keep jay..maybe you are right but it’s hard for me to believe that Snyder doesn’t control all the moves..
Old 12-30-2018, 11:29 PM   #516
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Yep .. I guess the injuries will be the reason they keep jay..maybe you are right but it’s hard for me to believe that Snyder doesn’t control all the moves..
I'd be okay with keeping Jay ONLY if Bruce is gone completely from the team. Although, two of my biggest issues with Jay is letting loyalty to players get in a the way of meritocracy and/or common sense (Luvao, Mo Harris, Marshall) and his selection of the last two Def Coordinators. Although with the latter, I'd be willing to give him a chance sans Bruce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Snyder had nothing to do with the Scot situation. That was all Jay and the Prince of Darkness.

The trade for HaHa was good at the time - we looked to be a contender. There’s really not much difference in picks rounds 4-7, so it won’t hurt us that badly.

Also, the team won 6 of those 7 games because Alex smith played unimpressive but mistake free football.

I know nothing backs me up on this, but I'm still convinced that part of Scot's outing had to do with Jay.
R.I.P. #21
Old 12-30-2018, 11:30 PM   #517
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
There has to be a reason two years in a row they had 24+ players injured....conditioning, training, practice....per B Mitch it is not just bad luck
Old 12-30-2018, 11:32 PM   #518
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
There has to be a reason two years in a row they had 24+ players injured....conditioning, training, practice....per B Mitch it is not just bad luck
I keep hearing about how Callahan's practices with the o-line are too intense. But no one has made anything out of it.
R.I.P. #21
Old 12-30-2018, 11:52 PM   #519
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Gruden is delusional. He said that " we can play with anyone when healthy." WTF is he talking about? You got blown out by the Saints, you got blown out by an average Falcons team and were not competitive against the Colts. You had your starting QB in those games and your defense intact.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:42 AM   #520
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'd be okay with keeping Jay ONLY if Bruce is gone completely from the team. Although, two of my biggest issues with Jay is letting loyalty to players get in a the way of meritocracy and/or common sense (Luvao, Mo Harris, Marshall) and his selection of the last two Def Coordinators. Although with the latter, I'd be willing to give him a chance sans Bruce.

I know nothing backs me up on this, but I'm still convinced that part of Scot's outing had to do with Jay.

It was mostly jay. They didn’t get along and jay wanted more power over player personnel. Scots regularly being drunk on the job was a nice excuse.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:33 AM   #521
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Well it’s Monday and no one has been fired,if no ones been fired by now after that shit show yesterday than no ones getting fired,what a terrible time to be a skins fan,it’s just sad
Old 12-31-2018, 07:58 AM   #522
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Don't nut just yet Htown, Black Monday is an all-day affair.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:22 AM   #523
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Gruden is delusional. He said that " we can play with anyone when healthy." WTF is he talking about? You got blown out by the Saints, you got blown out by an average Falcons team and were not competitive against the Colts. You had your starting QB in those games and your defense intact.
They were also getting housed by Houston thanks to AS throwing the ball towide opendefenders.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:26 AM   #524
rickmmrr
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Move Bruce to business ops, fire Manusky and bring in Todd Bowlens, possibly promote Kyle Smith to GM? It's a start.
sounds good.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:28 AM   #525
Schneed10
A Dude

We are not doomed to become the worst in the league, but we’re doomed to worse. We will have everyone healthy going into next season except for Alex, which will give Allen Gruden Snyder and even us some hope. But we will have no strategic direction, no plan to get better, and we’ll end up 8-8 or so again.

The problem isn’t that we’re headed to 3-13. The problem is our ceiling is 9-7.