Fitzergerald to Eagles rumor...

Thread Hell

Old 03-04-2008, 02:30 PM   #16
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Fitzergerald to Eagles rumor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post
I just read that they are blaming Fitz for the Cards not getting Alan Faneca, saying that hes taking to long to rework his contract.

Thats not really fair to him. The guy has two years left and they agreed to pay him that to begin with, and hes trying to work out an extension to stay with them. the guy is going to be the highest paid receiver in the league, those deals arent easy
Who is? I thought they were blaming the Cardinals. They're actually blaming Fitz?

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2008, 02:31 PM   #17
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Hey, they might have thought his bonuses wouldn't be met, but they were. The kid deserves his payday. If you handcuff yourself with contracts, you can't blame the player for not restructuring right away. We're talking significant cash this kid is getting over the next two years.
Is that why its so high because of escalators? Ya gotta give him props man, usually people never make all of those. I think all the contracts should be that way,
Old 03-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #18
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Yeah, I believe his escalators were based off of pro-bowls, play time, and certain stat plateaus. He hit every single one.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #19
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Who is? I thought they were blaming the Cardinals. They're actually blaming Fitz?
Yea Fitz was qutoted as saying that every situation has to have a bad guy and i guess this time its me. Ill go find the link again and post it
Old 03-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #20
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

On Friday, the agent for Alan Faneca blamed Fitzgerald's delay in re-doing his contract for costing the Cardinals a chance to land the well-regarded offensive lineman.

Rick Smith, Faneca's Chicago-based agent, said the day before Faneca signed with the New York Jets that, "Larry is going to cost them Alan Faneca. It's a fact."

Replied Fitzgerald, "In every situation, somebody has got to be the villain. I guess I'm that guy now.

But, he said, "In January, next year, when we're deep in the playoffs, this thing won't be an issue."

Arizona Cardinals Rumors: Pro Sports Daily
Old 03-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #21
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

You're right...this time

I had heard it wrong. It'd be funny if they shared the same agent
Old 03-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #22
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
You're right...this time

I had heard it wrong. It'd be funny if they shared the same agent
lol, oh T, wheres the love, we used to be friends!!??

you know how you can make it up to me, go find a source saying we are going to draft Phillips and trade our second and third round pick so we can also draft campbell. We lost a cane on the team to a tragedy this year, so we need two to ease some of the pain
Old 03-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #23
That Guy
Living Legend

campbell might just be there when we pick at #51. he's not that good. i like phillips though.

that said, fitz is reworking his deal, and its the teams fault, not his, for writing such a terrible thing.

he's not even close to the best WR in the game though. moss, to, cj, then the whole mess of debate-ables (which includes him). i like boldin better (when healthy).
Old 03-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #24
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I gotta tell you, people I've talked to are not overly impressed with Phillips. I think he'll probably be a first rounder still (maybe late) because he's good and because of the U's football rep. But there are others who think that maybe the expectations are too high for him, and anyone expecting another Sean Taylor or Ed Reed in the pros will be disappointed.

No offense, but I don't really want either Campbell or Phillips. I think there are better options out there.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #25
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Fitzgerald has an amazingly horrible contract, so if he does go to the Eagles, he will ruin their cap somehow. I don't want to see his talent over there, but he will handcuff any team he goes to.
The Eagles would not make the trade without a new deal in place. They would just be putting themselves in the same situation as the Cards.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:04 PM   #26
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I gotta tell you, people I've talked to are not overly impressed with Phillips. I think he'll probably be a first rounder still (maybe late) because he's good and because of the U's football rep. But there are others who think that maybe the expectations are too high for him, and anyone expecting another Sean Taylor or Ed Reed in the pros will be disappointed.

No offense, but I don't really want either Campbell or Phillips. I think there are better options out there.

I didnt really watch the games that closely last year, I was too pissed off at them. But the year before I watched their games and these were two guys that got the label of being top ten type guys. i read an article yesterday saying that they thought if Campbell came back another year he could have proven himself and been a number one overall pick.

That being said, they both physically have all the potentional in the world, i dotn know if that will translate. Phillips was dubbed "sean taylors body with Ed reeds mind" the last few years but it was more hype than anythign else.

Question for you, i was talking to Daseal the other night and he said that our new, I think it was Dline coach, was from the U. Is this true?

If it is, atleast we have a guy that knows them first hand to judge them. So if we get one of them we would atleast know that someone knows something specific about them
Old 03-04-2008, 03:43 PM   #27
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

That is true, and that coupled with VC's comments about getting guys our coaches are familiar with does lend credence to the Calais Campbell rumors but like I said I think we can do better.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #28
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Fitzgerald has an amazingly horrible contract, so if he does go to the Eagles, he will ruin their cap somehow. I don't want to see his talent over there, but he will handcuff any team he goes to.
If he does get traded, they will agree to terms on a new deal prior to the trade going through, so that's not really a factor either way.

-EDIT-Darn it---beaten to the punch!
Old 03-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #29
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
That is true, and that coupled with VC's comments about getting guys our coaches are familiar with does lend credence to the Calais Campbell rumors but like I said I think we can do better.
his size is so imposing though, with some coaching he could be a beast. And if anything, if you take a big end like that, even if we dotn upgrade our middle, itll cause more attention to his side of the line and make Carter that much better. Since carter is more of an athletic quick end, it hurts him to have double teams.

Mabye still youre right about us being able to do better. But why I put that orange blanket for my couch if im not goign to atleast hope!
Old 03-04-2008, 03:48 PM   #30
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post
his size is so imposing though, with some coaching he could be a beast. And if anything, if you take a big end like that, even if we dotn upgrade our middle, itll cause more attention to his side of the line and make Carter that much better. Since carter is more of an athletic quick end, it hurts him to have double teams.

Mabye still youre right about us being able to do better. But why I put that orange blanket for my couch if im not goign to atleast hope!
I'd be happy with Campbell, but Merling seems to be the safer and more productive of the two prospects.