Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2021, 07:53 PM   #46
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 3,507
Re: WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Week 1 Steelers @ Bills is a fun game to watch if you like tough defensive football.
14 of the Steelers' 23 points came on: a blocked punt in the redzone returned for 6; and an incredible and kinda flukish TD catch by Diontae Johnson, DB tips the ball and he stills makes the catch, TD set up by a long DPI on 3 down from the 50.

So, I really don't see us winning this game, but, things that give me a little bit of hope:
-It is possible to put Allen under a lot of pressure, Pittsburg did it, so if our DL wants to prove they are actually top 5 in the NFL, now is the time.
-Heinickeee

Things that I already feared:
-Very tough, disciplined and complete defense
-Fierce DL, Taylor will have to make plays on the run
-Josh Allen can throw and so far we haven't proved we can handle mobile QBs well...

One scary thing that I discovered watching the game:
-The Bills running game is legit. Singletary has really good vision and ability to make a lot with very little space. Gap responsibility by our front 7 will be key.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2021, 10:13 PM   #47
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 3,209
Re: WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Here are a few stats I pulled through the first two games. Obviously a small sample size and different opponents. This could be the best offense Buffalo has faced so far, and the best defense WFT has faced so far.

Honestly, if the defense plays to their ability, this should be a win. However, if the defense plays like they have the first two games, it's a sure loss.

Offense

Points: WFT 46 / BUF 51
Yards gained per pass attempt: WFT 7.0 / BUF 5.3
Yards gained per rush attempt: WFT 4.3 / BUF 4.7
Yards per play: WFT 5.6 / BUF 4.8
Total yards: WFT 666 / BUF 685
Percentage of drives ending in an offensive score: WFT 50% / BUF 37.5%
Average points scored per drive: WFT 2.3 / BUF 2.13
Percentage of drives ending in a turnover: WFT 10% / BUF 12.5%

Defense

Points allowed: WFT 49 / BUF 23
Yards allowed per pass attempt: WFT 6.6 / BUF 3.8
Yards allowed per rush attempt: WFT 4.4 / BUF 3.6
Yards allowed per play: WFT 5.7 / BUF 3.7
Total yards allowed: WFT 815 / BUF 468
Percentage of drives allowing a score: WFT 55% / BUF 17.4%
Average points allowed per drive: WFT 2.45 / BUF 0.7
Percentage of drives forcing a turnover: WFT 10% / BUF 8.7%
QB Pressures per drop back: WFT 25.3% / BUF 33%
Missed tackles: WFT 6 / BUF 18
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:33 PM   #48
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 54
Posts: 19,849
Re: WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Here are a few stats I pulled through the first two games. Obviously a small sample size and different opponents. This could be the best offense Buffalo has faced so far, and the best defense WFT has faced so far.



Honestly, if the defense plays to their ability, this should be a win. However, if the defense plays like they have the first two games, it's a sure loss.



Offense



Points: WFT 46 / BUF 51

Yards gained per pass attempt: WFT 7.0 / BUF 5.3

Yards gained per rush attempt: WFT 4.3 / BUF 4.7

Yards per play: WFT 5.6 / BUF 4.8

Total yards: WFT 666 / BUF 685

Percentage of drives ending in an offensive score: WFT 50% / BUF 37.5%

Average points scored per drive: WFT 2.3 / BUF 2.13

Percentage of drives ending in a turnover: WFT 10% / BUF 12.5%



Defense



Points allowed: WFT 49 / BUF 23

Yards allowed per pass attempt: WFT 6.6 / BUF 3.8

Yards allowed per rush attempt: WFT 4.4 / BUF 3.6

Yards allowed per play: WFT 5.7 / BUF 3.7

Total yards allowed: WFT 815 / BUF 468

Percentage of drives allowing a score: WFT 55% / BUF 17.4%

Average points allowed per drive: WFT 2.45 / BUF 0.7

Percentage of drives forcing a turnover: WFT 10% / BUF 8.7%

QB Pressures per drop back: WFT 25.3% / BUF 33%

Missed tackles: WFT 6 / BUF 18
6 missed tackles? Where is the stat for missing in action?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 11:14 PM   #49
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 3,507
Re: WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Here are a few stats I pulled through the first two games. Obviously a small sample size and different opponents. This could be the best offense Buffalo has faced so far, and the best defense WFT has faced so far.

Honestly, if the defense plays to their ability, this should be a win. However, if the defense plays like they have the first two games, it's a sure loss.

Offense

Points: WFT 46 / BUF 51
Yards gained per pass attempt: WFT 7.0 / BUF 5.3
Yards gained per rush attempt: WFT 4.3 / BUF 4.7
Yards per play: WFT 5.6 / BUF 4.8
Total yards: WFT 666 / BUF 685
Percentage of drives ending in an offensive score: WFT 50% / BUF 37.5%
Average points scored per drive: WFT 2.3 / BUF 2.13
Percentage of drives ending in a turnover: WFT 10% / BUF 12.5%

Defense

Points allowed: WFT 49 / BUF 23
Yards allowed per pass attempt: WFT 6.6 / BUF 3.8
Yards allowed per rush attempt: WFT 4.4 / BUF 3.6
Yards allowed per play: WFT 5.7 / BUF 3.7
Total yards allowed: WFT 815 / BUF 468
Percentage of drives allowing a score: WFT 55% / BUF 17.4%
Average points allowed per drive: WFT 2.45 / BUF 0.7
Percentage of drives forcing a turnover: WFT 10% / BUF 8.7%
QB Pressures per drop back: WFT 25.3% / BUF 33%
Missed tackles: WFT 6 / BUF 18
Bills' D didn't allow 23 points, 7 of those came from a blocked punt ;-)

Interesting compiling though, thanks.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:57 PM   #50
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 55
Posts: 1,399
Re: WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
6 missed tackles? Where is the stat for missing in action?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Agreed in that you have to be in position to make a tackle (not running down field after their QB), it's worth noting that to my mind, we've improved on tackling since last year. No more (or at least few) throwing themselves at BC's feet etc. I like watching St Juste play because he's a sure tackler.

Always believed that without sound fundamentals then it's so much harder to build a strong D. Now that includes gap assignments, so we're not there yet, but personally I believe this D can only get better over the coming weeks.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 04:23 PM   #51
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 34
Posts: 31,270
Re: WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Bills -8? I'd take that
__________________
ďMediocre people donít like high achievers, and high achievers donít like mediocre people.Ē
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:12 PM   #52
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,714
Re: WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Bills -8? I'd take that
Give me Skins +8 all day

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...-wft-at-bills/

They seem a bit too high on themselves and their 1-1 record.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 08:03 PM   #53
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 3,507
Re: WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Nice takes from Mark Bullock on Galdi's pod , I'm thinking of subscribing to his site to have access to his breakdowns, but those are long af, interesting too, but not sure I'd have time to actually read em.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 08:08 PM   #54
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 3,507
Re: WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Heinicke is number 1 in both PFF's big time throw rate and turnover worthy throw rate.

Means he's making the most big gain and/or tight window throws while also making the least plays that couda/shouda been picked/fumbled.

Just a stat, but the narrative that we know for a fact he's not the answer needs to stop.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 08:49 PM   #55
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 17,265
WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Nobody on this board is going to be happy after this game. Our coaching staff is just not good enough. Itís a damn shame too because there is enough young talent on this team to be legitimate contenders for a while.
Do not bet on us to cover. It is not happening.
Bills 38
WTF 23
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 09:00 PM   #56
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 38
Posts: 11,920
Re: WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Nobody on this board is going to be happy after this game. Our coaching staff is just not good enough. Itís a damn shame too because there is enough young talent on this team to be legitimate contenders for a while.
Do not bet on us to cover. It is not happening.
Bills 38
WTF 23
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 10:48 PM   #57
rocnrik
The Starter
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,344
Re: WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Give me Skins +8 all day

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...-wft-at-bills/

They seem a bit too high on themselves and their 1-1 record.
A buddy I work with asked me today about game .. he is a gambler .. I told him nobody loves the skins more than me however I would bet the HOUSE on the bills at anything under 9 .. he took Bills for a grand ! Guys Iím hoping but this game ainít gonna be close .. even if The D shows up Taylor is due for a letdown .. I just donít see this going our way .I thought he was gonna bet like a hundred .. not what he did .. now Iím nervous 😬
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:52 AM   #58
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 3,507
Re: WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
A buddy I work with asked me today about game .. he is a gambler .. I told him nobody loves the skins more than me however I would bet the HOUSE on the bills at anything under 9 .. he took Bills for a grand ! Guys Iím hoping but this game ainít gonna be close .. even if The D shows up Taylor is due for a letdown .. I just donít see this going our way .I thought he was gonna bet like a hundred .. not what he did .. now Iím nervous 😬
Haha cool story. He's a grown man though, still rooting for us to pull the upset.
But I agree with you, I don't see how we win this one, and they have the tool to make it ugly.
With a couple of breaks going our way, TH making some plays and the DL finally stepping up big time, we may be able to keep it close.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:20 AM   #59
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 17,265
Re: WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

Like I said do not take the WTF to cover. You will thank me later.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:53 AM   #60
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 54
Posts: 19,849
Re: WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

This game is just the beginning of the brutal part of our schedule. They need to pull off a win against 2 or 3 out of
Bills
Saints
Chiefs
Packers
Broncos
Bucs

None of those are likely wins, so they might as well get an upset this week just for the hell of it.



Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.17994 seconds with 10 queries