Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2019, 07:43 AM   #226
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 23,794
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

We need someone from the outside who’s had a different experience, winning and teambuilding in a successful org.

No ex redskins and no internal candidates for GM.
__________________
The culture is damn good around here.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-04-2019, 08:02 AM   #227
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,537
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
We need someone from the outside who’s had a different experience, winning and teambuilding in a successful org.

No ex redskins and no internal candidates for GM.
You guys have had some good coach's ,honest question, what do you think the problem is?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:35 AM   #228
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,059
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
You guys have had some good coach's ,honest question, what do you think the problem is?
The owner is the problem. You are right, this organization has had some good coaches but the owner wont let the coaches and football people do what they do best without meddling and undercutting them. It started with firing a proven coach in Marty Schottenheimer after one season to hire the flavor of the day, the Ol Ball Coach and has continued from there.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:07 AM   #229
BaltimoreSkins
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 2,147
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
We need someone from the outside who’s had a different experience, winning and teambuilding in a successful org.

No ex redskins and no internal candidates for GM.
I would like to say that would work but we saw what happened with Shanny.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:24 AM   #230
mooby
Living Legend
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 15,687
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
First off Bruce Allen is worthlessness POS, Kyle Smith has done a fine job picking players the last 2 years. Mayhew would take over Allen’s role which oversees operations and would know Kyle is doing a fine job and would provide his input. Doesn’t mean what happened in Detroit was all his fault. Belichick was a failure in Cleveland, what happened after that? Mayhem is smart and well respected executive.
Which players has Kyle Smith personally picked over the last two years?

Last I heard picking players was a group effort, with Allen, Smith, Doug Williams, and Gruden all having input (up until this year when popular opinion is that Gruden was ousted from the group).
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:37 AM   #231
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 11,511
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Which players has Kyle Smith personally picked over the last two years?

Last I heard picking players was a group effort, with Allen, Smith, Doug Williams, and Gruden all having input (up until this year when popular opinion is that Gruden was ousted from the group).
https://mobile.twitter.com/john_keim...52815898955776

https://mobile.twitter.com/john_keim...64957389873153

Look who created the draft board
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 03:05 PM   #232
mooby
Living Legend
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 15,687
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
You're not showing me anything I haven't already seen. I'm already on the record as being a Kyle Smith fan. Just asking you where you draw the line between giving Kyle Smith all the credit for this draft class and giving the other major-decision makers credit too?

My entire point in this convo is you seem determined to give Mayhew the credit for John Lynch's success and the success SF has had building a team. I'm not sold on Mayhew leading a team just because of that. He's already tried to lead a dogshit franchise out of the dumpster and failed. We're not San Fran, we don't build teams the right way, and we've seen many a successful man come to this organization and have his name tarnished by the time he leaves. I don't think Mayhew is the guy that's going to buck that trend.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:28 AM   #233
Warthog
Special Teams
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 482
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You're not showing me anything I haven't already seen. I'm already on the record as being a Kyle Smith fan. Just asking you where you draw the line between giving Kyle Smith all the credit for this draft class and giving the other major-decision makers credit too?



My entire point in this convo is you seem determined to give Mayhew the credit for John Lynch's success and the success SF has had building a team. I'm not sold on Mayhew leading a team just because of that. He's already tried to lead a dogshit franchise out of the dumpster and failed. We're not San Fran, we don't build teams the right way, and we've seen many a successful man come to this organization and have his name tarnished by the time he leaves. I don't think Mayhew is the guy that's going to buck that trend.


Moo by, at the very least, Kyle Smith was the leader of the draft “selection committee”. He was the main source of player names. The Redskins have had two pretty successful drafts under that leadership in the last two years. Reward that success with a move up. I ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE he is better than that numbnut Bruce Allen.

With the current owner Kyle Smith could get more autonomy than ever before, because Snyder knows him. I see no GM candidates of note coming here from the outside with current chaos and dysfunction. Someone of Smith’s talent could stop a lot of the buffoonery caused by BA’s incompetence.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:45 PM   #234
mooby
Living Legend
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 15,687
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Moo by, at the very least, Kyle Smith was the leader of the draft “selection committee”. He was the main source of player names. The Redskins have had two pretty successful drafts under that leadership in the last two years. Reward that success with a move up. I ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE he is better than that numbnut Bruce Allen.

With the current owner Kyle Smith could get more autonomy than ever before, because Snyder knows him. I see no GM candidates of note coming here from the outside with current chaos and dysfunction. Someone of Smith’s talent could stop a lot of the buffoonery caused by BA’s incompetence.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a low bar to set.

I like Kyle Smith too Warthog, my only concern with him is his mind potentially being corrupted by working in the suck with Bruce Allen. God forbid he looks at how Bruce Allen operates and thinks he's a good leader to model after.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:14 PM   #235
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 26,608
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

U guys still think Tomlin is overrated?
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:08 PM   #236
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 13,514
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
U guys still think Tomlin is overrated?


Well i do think the Rams stink.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:10 PM   #237
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 13,514
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Steelers will finish 9-7. Lose to the good teams and beat the bad ones but they got no quarterback so....
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:15 AM   #238
Warthog
Special Teams
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 482
Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

The only way a talented, NFL-proven, HC comes here is if he gets far more power and autonomy than had been offered before. Unless this new HC is coming here JUST for the $$$MONEY, only, he must know the history and what the Snyder/Allen oversight has cost every single prior coach before him.

That may be the best course of action, getting a talented, NFL OC or DC , who INSISTS on massive autonomy to include removing Bruce Allen from his GM position and pushing Snyder out of his manipulations. Doubtful but we can still hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:18 PM   #239
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 13,514
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

I’m just going to leave this here....

__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:38 AM   #240
Warthog
Special Teams
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 482
Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

It’s all up to Snyder: dump his buddy Bruce Allen and hire from the NFL talent pool of hot OC or DC’s.

OR hire from within the Redskins organization or hire some bizzaro-choice (e.g., like Jim Zorn - a QB coach) from way outside the decent choices so that he and BA can continue to play around and meddle while the team tanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.15737 seconds with 12 queries