What grinds your gears: Redskins edition

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-25-2019, 12:15 PM   #46
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: What grinds your gears: Redskins edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
he'll go to colt first. and the subsequently hopefully get canned. Along with Greg Manusky
Going to Colt would be the ultimate insult. Manusky will probably be fired first because the NFL gods require the sacrifice of a coordinator before the real culprit is fired.
KI Skins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2019, 01:08 PM   #47
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Going to Colt would be the ultimate insult. Manusky will probably be fired first because the NFL gods require the sacrifice of a coordinator before the real culprit is fired.
Jays ego is big enough that he doesnt care. or he wants to be fired. w.ever it is its disgusting and it sucks for the fans and players when mgmt, at any level, is such horse shit
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 01:10 PM   #48
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Shithole franchise...the only way for hope right now is Bruce Allen being fired from the franchise in all capacity. Not demoted or moved...outright fired from the building

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 01:12 PM   #49
SkinzzFan
Special Teams

The lost look on Jay's face during games and his post-game interviews where he says "I've got to do a better job." When is he actually going to start doing a better job?
Old 09-25-2019, 02:24 PM   #50
HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Haskins isn't going to improve sitting on the bench.

According to Mike Lombardi, he isn’t even trying to learn from the sidelines, standing apart from the QB-coach interactions during the game.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #51
HTTR
Special Teams

I was born in DC and started listening to Skins games on the radio in the mid-1960’s. I have a closet full of Skins swag and, fortunately, great memories from the first SB through the first Gibbs era. For you younger guys, there is nothing like a dominating season that culminates in a Super Bowl win. It is pure ecstasy. A decade of excellence is even better.

The franchise no longer can claim any connection to those glory years. Snyder has built a failed, dysfunctional organization, and the product on the field is embarrassing. It’s only the NFL cash cow that keeps it going. We have a good nucleus of players (giving Haskins the benefit of a doubt), and I feel for them and want them to thrive.

But the time has come to stop buying what Snyder is selling us. It is simply not acceptable. Don’t think of it as apathy, think of it as activism, the way Flint Michigan folks said they’re not going to drink the lead in their water.

I will never root for an NFL team other than the Redskins. I’m not going to burn my swag — I hope to wear it again one day. But I will not give Snyder another nickel, and I urge the fan base to do the same. Twenty years is beyond enough. We deserve better, and the only way that will happen is for Snyder to be brought to his knees. Let’s do our part, not because we hate the Redskins, but because we love them and want them back.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:57 PM   #52
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
According to Mike Lombardi, he isn’t even trying to learn from the sidelines, standing apart from the QB-coach interactions during the game.
So you are saying he is already becoming a malcontent?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:59 PM   #53
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I am all for firing Bruce but we need to have leadership in place that is going to take them in the right direction and not another shit sandwich. Is it Kyle? I guess it depends on the autonomy given to him.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 03:04 PM   #54
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
The whole lockerroom realizes this team for what it is. TW was the canary in the coal mine.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 03:16 PM   #55
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Great little article from Monday before the shit show. Talks about BA undermining Gruden on AP, BA mishandling of TW and why injuries on our D's performance in particular last year is a red herring.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/9/23/...n-redskins-nfl
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 04:22 PM   #56
gibbsrcnfan
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
I was born in DC and started listening to Skins games on the radio in the mid-1960’s. I have a closet full of Skins swag and, fortunately, great memories from the first SB through the first Gibbs era. For you younger guys, there is nothing like a dominating season that culminates in a Super Bowl win. It is pure ecstasy. A decade of excellence is even better.

The franchise no longer can claim any connection to those glory years. Snyder has built a failed, dysfunctional organization, and the product on the field is embarrassing. It’s only the NFL cash cow that keeps it going. We have a good nucleus of players (giving Haskins the benefit of a doubt), and I feel for them and want them to thrive.

But the time has come to stop buying what Snyder is selling us. It is simply not acceptable. Don’t think of it as apathy, think of it as activism, the way Flint Michigan folks said they’re not going to drink the lead in their water.

I will never root for an NFL team other than the Redskins. I’m not going to burn my swag — I hope to wear it again one day. But I will not give Snyder another nickel, and I urge the fan base to do the same. Twenty years is beyond enough. We deserve better, and the only way that will happen is for Snyder to be brought to his knees. Let’s do our part, not because we hate the Redskins, but because we love them and want them back.
+1 I agree with everything you've mentioned ..Dick Snyder no longer gets a damn dime from me. I also won't root for another team other than the skins.i remember the glory years and went thru it like you have .I;m a huge joe gibbs admirer and his race organization keeps the juices flowing for me.
For The Love For The Redskins...
I Want Then Back..
Old 09-25-2019, 04:36 PM   #57
HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post

I put it on the coaching staff, particularly Gruden.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:02 PM   #58
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Great little article from Monday before the shit show. Talks about BA undermining Gruden on AP, BA mishandling of TW and why injuries on our D's performance in particular last year is a red herring.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/9/23/...n-redskins-nfl
I didn't see anything in that article that I disagree with.

The part about the Gruden/AP report really made logical sense to me, the only outcome is making Gruden look bad for not liking AP.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 06:43 PM   #59
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The whole lockerroom realizes this team for what it is. TW was the canary in the coal mine.

Trent Williams can go f*ck himself for all I care. If the team has done him so wrong, why doesn't he f*cking man up and say something. Instead he's speaking through his mouthpiece Jason LaCanfora and is trolling everyone on social media with stupid pictures. I hope that f*cking fool never plays a down in the NFL again.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:06 PM   #60
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Trent Williams can go f*ck himself for all I care. If the team has done him so wrong, why doesn't he f*cking man up and say something. Instead he's speaking through his mouthpiece Jason LaCanfora and is trolling everyone on social media with stupid pictures. I hope that f*cking fool never plays a down in the NFL again.
At one level i definitely agree. And if our FO didnt have a history and culture of petty nasty rumors, i would 100 percent agree but BA especially has proven who he is time and time again. If the whole story ever comes out it won't surprise me at all to find out that TW showed incredible restraint in holding his tongue on the details of BAs pettiness.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote