Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Bills Post Game - Post Here

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2019, 01:21 AM   #61
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,210
Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

Haskins wasn't amazing... but that was still a HUGE step forward, and he looked way more confident out there. Curious to see his progression throughout the year.

Game balls to AP and the OL who did a decent job. Like Jon Bostic week after week too.

I was expecting the Bills D to smuggle our offense, so while they didn't score any TD, I thought the Skins moved the ball better than I thought they would.

Defense is concerning though, they show some great flashes (loved Payne stuffing a 4th and short by going low a second week in a row) but then they collapse when it "matters" ("" cuz nothing really matters this year).

How Manusky still has a job amazes me week after week...
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-05-2019, 03:41 AM   #62
Chief X_Phackter
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,495
Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

Until this team figures out how to possess the ball more, the defense will continue to struggle. The offense has been pretty terrible no matter which quarterback is in there. So either all the quarterbacks suck, all the talent around them sucks, the play calling sucks, or maybe it's a combination of all three. Don't get me wrong here, there have been some breakdowns on the defense. But if we are speaking the truth here, the defense has not been the problem. It is the offense's inability to possess the ball that has had a very direct affect on the defense, and that is the biggest problem.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:26 AM   #63
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,210
Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Until this team figures out how to possess the ball more, the defense will continue to struggle. The offense has been pretty terrible no matter which quarterback is in there. So either all the quarterbacks suck, all the talent around them sucks, the play calling sucks, or maybe it's a combination of all three. Don't get me wrong here, there have been some breakdowns on the defense. But if we are speaking the truth here, the defense has not been the problem. It is the offense's inability to possess the ball that has had a very direct affect on the defense, and that is the biggest problem.
True.
My judgement may very well biased by the fact I expect absolutely nothing from our offense, and quite a lot from our D.
I was among those who said last week's performance against the Vikings was quite impressive.

But at times on Sunday they made Singletary look like Alvin Kamara and Josh Allen like a decent QB. Which they're both not.

Forgot to mention Apke's rise on the positives!
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:46 AM   #64
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 23,767
Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Until this team figures out how to possess the ball more, the defense will continue to struggle. The offense has been pretty terrible no matter which quarterback is in there. So either all the quarterbacks suck, all the talent around them sucks, the play calling sucks, or maybe it's a combination of all three. Don't get me wrong here, there have been some breakdowns on the defense. But if we are speaking the truth here, the defense has not been the problem. It is the offense's inability to possess the ball that has had a very direct affect on the defense, and that is the biggest problem.
I mean possessing the ball is one thing, but I think the main issue is three games without an touchdown. That will cause problems.

While I’ve been strong proponent of running the ball and shifting to a running team, BUT you have to have a passing game and a coaching strategy that builds a passing attack off the run. Callahan does none of this...in the. Second half 5 of 6 1st down plays were runs with 11 in the box....So buffalo commits to stopping the run, adjust. Callahan refuses.

And then Callahan continues the Bruce line of “we are close”. Dude! No td in 3 games, we are not fucking close.
__________________
The culture is damn good around here.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:04 AM   #65
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Posts: 4,354
Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Montez has some clean shots at Josh Allen and missed. Disappointed with this kid so far.
Yeah best thing about him is his old spice commercial that I am seeing constantly,dude hit it big with commercial before doing anything
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:36 AM   #66
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,389
Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Haskins wasn't amazing... but that was still a HUGE step forward, and he looked way more confident out there. Curious to see his progression throughout the year.

Game balls to AP and the OL who did a decent job. Like Jon Bostic week after week too.

I was expecting the Bills D to smuggle our offense, so while they didn't score any TD, I thought the Skins moved the ball better than I thought they would.

Defense is concerning though, they show some great flashes (loved Payne stuffing a 4th and short by going low a second week in a row) but then they collapse when it "matters" ("" cuz nothing really matters this year).

How Manusky still has a job amazes me week after week...
Even back in the good old days when QBs got as beat up as everyone else it was much more physically demanding to play defense. In this day an age it has to be 2-3x as physically demanding as playing offense. With the Redskins lack of depth on defense plus an offense that can't sustain drives those guys are eventually going to wear out.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:34 PM   #67
SunnySide
Special Teams
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 192
Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

Secondary - I have not seen many complete breakdowns in the secondary this year like years past. Sure, theres been plays where Norman is slow to identify and keep up with his man and it goes for a big play but that wasnt a completely blown coverage where a guy is forgotten and unaccounted for.

Getting to the line on O - seemed like we did a good job of getting out of the huddle and into formation quickly. I think we called 1 TO with the clock ticking down but it was fine, I think we were on their half wanting to get things right.

D line - those short yardage stuffs were awesome. Gives guys like Allen and Payne at least something to hang their hat on.
__________________
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 03:53 PM   #68
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 13,503
Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Yeah best thing about him is his old spice commercial that I am seeing constantly,dude hit it big with commercial before doing anything


Pretty sure he did the deodorant commercial because of his name not his accolades. Lol
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 03:55 PM   #69
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 13,503
Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I mean possessing the ball is one thing, but I think the main issue is three games without an touchdown. That will cause problems.



While I’ve been strong proponent of running the ball and shifting to a running team, BUT you have to have a passing game and a coaching strategy that builds a passing attack off the run. Callahan does none of this...in the. Second half 5 of 6 1st down plays were runs with 11 in the box....So buffalo commits to stopping the run, adjust. Callahan refuses.



And then Callahan continues the Bruce line of “we are close”. Dude! No td in 3 games, we are not fucking close.


More like one td in five games. A lucky run against the Pats. I don’t even count the Dolphins game.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:09 PM   #70
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,627
Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Pretty sure he did the deodorant commercial because of his name not his accolades. Lol
More power to him too, take the $$ when you can.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:57 PM   #71
SunnySide
Special Teams
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 192
Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here



I wonder if it was Sweat's agent who approached and pitched to Old Spice or vice versa. If his agent did it, good job agent.
__________________
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:08 PM   #72
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 13,503
Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
More power to him too, take the $$ when you can.


Hell yeah. But with a name like Sweat I think he will always have a niche in the deodorant commercial market!
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:07 PM   #73
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,210
Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Even back in the good old days when QBs got as beat up as everyone else it was much more physically demanding to play defense. In this day an age it has to be 2-3x as physically demanding as playing offense. With the Redskins lack of depth on defense plus an offense that can't sustain drives those guys are eventually going to wear out.
Absolutely right. Solid point, and I may be asking too much from this D.

But they still allowed 17 points to the Bills in one half. They played better in the second half, until late in the 4th when the "wearing out" effect is legit. But were they worn out in the 1st quarter too ?

Don't get me wrong, I know the defense is not THE issue of this team, and I like the defensive side of this roster probably more than a lot of you guys... I just feel like this D is not consistently playing at level it could.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:41 PM   #74
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,179
Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

Every facet of the team (coaches and players) are part of the problem. My main issue is the coaches make the game harder for the players, and not easier.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:55 PM   #75
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 26,586
Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

On the first drive of the 2nd qtr, AD had 3 straight rushes for over 18 + yards, that is pretty damn impressive for a 34 YO back.

Also tape on haskins was good, he had a couple good balls dropped one by Terry which is rare, he also moved well from pressure
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker


Last edited by skinsfaninok; 11-06-2019 at 09:04 AM.
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.08752 seconds with 10 queries