Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

In all the various mock drafts, is their one player you'd HATE for the Skins to draft at 15?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-22-2019, 01:05 PM   #1
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

In all the various mock drafts, is there one player you'd HATE for the Skins to draft at 15?

There are seemingly a bazillion ways the Skins could go with their first pick, given how many holes we have to shore up, and the seeming depth in this draft at some of those positions we have dire needs for.

But I wonder ... is there one player you would absolutely HATE to see the Skins burn their first round pick on?

For me ... that player is Daniel Jones.

This might be unfair. Because he's probably a nice kid, who has done some nice things. But drafting this kid in the first round means you think he's capable of being your franchise QB. For me .... he's a career back up.

I'd much rather the Skins shore up some other areas of weakness. Draft a difference maker at that spot, and grab a QB a couple rounds later.

OR ... if they're dead set on Daniel Jones, try and move back in the draft, pick up another pick, and draft Jones a little later. That'd make me feel a little better. A little.

I've grown to love the idea of that TE Hockenson kid from Iowa. I doubt he lasts to 15 though.

Who do you NOT want the Skins to draft at 15, that has popped up in a mock drafts?
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:07 PM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: In all the various mock drafts, is their one player you'd HATE for the Skins to draft at 15?

DK Metcalf

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:31 PM   #3
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: In all the various mock drafts, is their one player you'd HATE for the Skins to draft at 15?

Hate would be too strong, but any QB that isn't Drew Lock.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:39 PM   #4
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I know I am probably completely wrong on this, but Daniel Jones sounds to me like another Kirk Cousins with "meh" leadership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
DK Metcalf
Agreed, without his gaudy combine, Metcalf would be a 2nd rounder.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:18 AM   #5
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I know I am probably completely wrong on this, but Daniel Jones sounds to me like another Kirk Cousins with "meh" leadership.

Agreed, without his gaudy combine, Metcalf would be a 2nd rounder.
Metcalf is a first round talent. He's big, strong, and fast as hell. He's a victim of a poor scheme that didn't utilize his talent. He will be a star in this league.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:27 AM   #6
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
Metcalf is a first round talent. He's big, strong, and fast as hell. He's a victim of a poor scheme that didn't utilize his talent. He will be a star in this league.
Could he be another in a long line of work out freaks that do not produce consistently on the field?
Plus with our history of injured players and drafting injured players, Metcalf has had his share. He had a neck injury that caused him to miss the remainder a season and required surgery.

From San Diego Tribune:
"....He likely has a fusion at one level to treat disc herniation and/or ligamentous instability. Many players have continued their career from a single level fusion surgery. ...... If he needed a second level fused, that indeed would jeopardize his career. He should be well healed by now. He also had a foot injury as a freshman, though there is not much information regarding that injury. The bigger issue might not be medical but his poor performance on agility drills compared to his measurable, which were off the charts."
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:53 AM   #7
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Could he be another in a long line of work out freaks that do not produce consistently on the field?
Plus with our history of injured players and drafting injured players, Metcalf has had his share. He had a neck injury that caused him to miss the remainder a season and required surgery.

From San Diego Tribune:
"....He likely has a fusion at one level to treat disc herniation and/or ligamentous instability. Many players have continued their career from a single level fusion surgery. ...... If he needed a second level fused, that indeed would jeopardize his career. He should be well healed by now. He also had a foot injury as a freshman, though there is not much information regarding that injury. The bigger issue might not be medical but his poor performance on agility drills compared to his measurable, which were off the charts."
Who gives a f*k about agility drills? Can he run a 9 route, a slant, or post route? Those are the routes that will make him elite.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #8
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Who gives a f*k about agility drills? Can he run a 9 route, a slant, or post route? Those are the routes that will make him elite.
He can't run the others well enough to keep DBs honest. They'll just back off him and have time to drive on the ball.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:37 PM   #9
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Are you blind or stupid? See the part of the quote I posted that is IN BOLD AND UNDERLINED. That is the point I was raising and why he might drop out of being a top 10 or 20 pick in this draft. He has an injury that if re injured could shorten or end his career. The rest of the quote about agility I do not give a fuck about.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:53 AM   #10
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
What about the scheme didn't utilize his talent?

Ole Miss seemed to be able to use Brown's talent. He could run more than one route though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2019, 11:55 AM   #11
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
What about the scheme didn't utilize his talent?

Ole Miss seemed to be able to use Brown's talent. He could run more than one route though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
You didn't seem run a lot of slants or post routes. If he didn't he would had three times the productions. He's going to be a star for whoever drafts him.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:45 PM   #12
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I guess 32 teams didn't agree on that.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:51 PM   #13
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'd say Metcalf as well
Old 04-22-2019, 02:07 PM   #14
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Charlie Casserly's top QB (other than Murray who he says he keeps off to the side) is Daniel Jones. What do you know about him that Casserly doesn't?
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:59 PM   #15
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Charlie Casserly's top QB (other than Murray who he says he keeps off to the side) is Daniel Jones. What do you know about him that Casserly doesn't?
U asking me? If so I think Jones is a solid QB comparable to an Alex Smith. Smart kid that doesn't take many big chances , can move well for his size. Lacks arm strength for deeper routes. He's been coached up by a great College QB coach / system but some are not high on him due to his underwhelming tape.