Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Redskins Gear

200-level

Redskins Gear

Old 04-25-2014, 10:53 AM   #1
coggs
Special Teams

200-level

thinking of coming down for Giants-skins since I am off that thursday and friday for Rosh Hashana, and I am not Jewish so do not have to celebrate anything. Was looking on stubhub and noticed decent prices for the 200 level, but all said obstructed view. When I went to the skins site, and did the virtual seating diagram, the view seems fine. Wondering if anyone has sat there and is it really obstructed view or is it minor?

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #2
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: 200-level

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
thinking of coming down for Giants-skins since I am off that thursday and friday for Rosh Hashana, and I am not Jewish so do not have to celebrate anything. Was looking on stubhub and noticed decent prices for the 200 level, but all said obstructed view. When I went to the skins site, and did the virtual seating diagram, the view seems fine. Wondering if anyone has sat there and is it really obstructed view or is it minor?
You may not buy tickets.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Aren't those the seats that have pillars blocking the view? Buy at your own risk.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:58 PM   #4
coggs
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
You may not buy tickets.
But, my money is green!
Old 04-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #5
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

We only accept Burgundy & Gold..........
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #6
Schneed10
A Dude

The only obstruction will be my middle finger in the face of any Giants fan present.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:01 PM   #7
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
The only obstruction will be my middle finger in the face of any Giants fan present.

lol gave me a laugh
Old 04-25-2014, 04:09 PM   #8
spAtt
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
We only accept Burgundy & Gold..........
What about bitcoin?

Get on board!
spAtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:50 PM   #9
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Unless you 200 level that doesn't say obstructed view...? ... I'd rather be in the 400s in a nice row/section.... Sitting under the overhang doesn't even feel like ur in the game, I traded those seat for mid upper 400s after being dissapointed before
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:52 PM   #10
Meks
Pro Bowl

In other words, I don't recommend it, at all.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:36 PM   #11
FRPLG
MVP

You can watch eli lumber around and throw 3 picks on TV can't you?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:42 PM   #12
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
You can watch eli lumber around and throw 3 picks on TV can't you?
Well played sir.....well played.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:59 AM   #13
ICantGoAnother20yrsOfCrap
Camp Scrub

Giant's fan wants Fedex Field 200 level tix? Go ahead, no issue with those seats at all...
Old 06-04-2014, 11:23 AM   #14
tshile
Special Teams

Quote:
I had tickets in section 226 last year and just upgraded to 236 over the off season.

The 200 level on the home side has no obstructed view or cave. There is nothing to worry about with these seats except where you want to be on the field. To give you an idea: the owners box is on the 50 yard line in the section just above the 200's, and just below the 300's. The owners box is typically the 'best seat in the house', so if you can get into the 200's around that area you're in some of the best seats (generally speaking.) These seats are almost impossible to get as a season ticket holder.

The 200 level on the visitor side is quite a different animal. You have 3 main issues:
- Obstructed view due to concrete pillars that are holding the rest of the stadium up
- Obstructed view due to the overhang from the bottom of the 300 level.
- The cave.

Sitting behind the pillars sucks. You just flat out miss parts of the game.

The overhang will stop you from seeing high punts/passes/kicks, how high the ball has to travel for you to miss it depends on how far back into the section you are (the further back the more the overhang blocks.)

The cave creates an environment of very noisy fans, the inability to hear broadcasts over the speaker system, and stuffy/hot air due to poor air flow.

I sat in row 9 on the visitor side 200 level last year. The cave was annoying, but we had no obstructed view and cover from the rain (they do not sell obstructed view tickets to season ticket holders.)

You can get a really good deal by buying tickets listed as 'obstructed view' that are not actually obstructed at all, they're just close enough to those that are that they have to label them as such. But you really have to know the stadium down to the section/row/seat number to know whether you're getting good seats or not. You can get these for as low as 10/20$ a seat in the parking lot.

But, if you're traveling from out of town and are not familiar with the stadium then my advice is: Don't buy anything that is listed as limited/obstructed view.

If you're determined to roll the dice seeking a killer deal on the tickets, google search the issue there are a few guides out there on how to determine where the pillars and overhangs come into play.

The real advantage of the 200's is the great view, you're still in the environment of the lower bowl, and you can sit all game (100 section pretty much stands all game - not a big deal for people going once or twice a year, but it gets old when you go to ever game, or if you or one of your guests is older/has knee issues/etc)
tshile is offline   Reply With Quote