Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Fans at Fed Ex

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-17-2020, 03:07 PM   #1
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Fans at Fed Ex

Hopefully, city officials have a change of heart and allow 20-25K at the games. Particularly if the team starts to excel or simply play above its expected level.

I believe only two teams--us and the Raiders--decided to prematurely not allow fans at games for the entire season. It was odd, not only watching our game but also other games without any fans in attendance.

I'm hoping things change for us in regards to fans in the stands in the next few weeks.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-17-2020, 03:31 PM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: Fans at Fed Ex

Ramping up fans in the stands when the virus is expected to start picking up again seems like a really bad idea. A fan that was at the Chiefs game has tested positive.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:38 PM   #3
irish
Playmaker

Fed Ex isn't in DC so city officials have no say in what goes on. WFT decided this in conjunction with the State of MD and Prince Georges County.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 03:55 PM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fans belong in the stands period. It can be done correctly

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:02 PM   #5
skinsfan69
Living Legend

There is plenty of room at Fed Ex to let 25,000 people in and have them spread out. Just a bunch of nonsense not letting anyone in. Have to learn how to live with this virus, and not hide and run from it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:06 PM   #6
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Ramping up fans in the stands when the virus is expected to start picking up again seems like a really bad idea. A fan that was at the Chiefs game has tested positive.
Zero proof that that person got the virus at Arrowhead. That article should not have even been written because it has no foundation.
Old 09-17-2020, 05:20 PM   #7
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Fans belong in the stands period. It can be done correctly
Exactly!
Old 09-17-2020, 05:21 PM   #8
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
There is plenty of room at Fed Ex to let 25,000 people in and have them spread out. Just a bunch of nonsense not letting anyone in. Have to learn how to live with this virus, and not hide and run from it.
Concur.
Old 09-17-2020, 05:29 PM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Get out the basement and live!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:10 PM   #10
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Zero proof that that person got the virus at Arrowhead. That article should not have even been written because it has no foundation.

Doesn’t matter where he got it, problem is he could have spread it while at the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2020, 06:31 PM   #11
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Doesn’t matter where he got it, problem is he could have spread it while at the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is the risk you take if you decide to go to a game. If you want or need to stay home then do so.

The piece was written to spread more fear, which is what the media has been doing for 6 months straight.

If you get on an airplane there's a risk that it can crash. When you get in your car you know there's a risk that someone is texting while driving and can rear end you.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:38 PM   #12
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Agreed. We have the patience of gnats. Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:47 PM   #13
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Fans at Fed Ex

Quote:
That is the risk you take if you decide to go to a game. If you want or need to stay home then do so.

The piece was written to spread more fear, which is what the media has been doing for 6 months straight.

If you get on an airplane there's a risk that it can crash. When you get in your car you know there's a risk that someone is texting while driving and can rear end you.

Come on man. Nobody is trying to scare anyone. 200,000 deaths should be scary regardless of who writes what about it. Our impatience and paranoia about this being some sort of fear tactic is why the virus is running rampant in this country unlike any other. Sometimes there is just a shitty situation. This is a terribly shitty situation. The longer we fight the protocol the longer it will go on. That is the ironic thing. It isn’t the person going to the game that I fear for, because like you said it is their choice. But after said event those 25,000 people go back into their communities. The rest of those people who chose not to go are now at risk that it could have been a super spreader event. It isn’t conspiracy or fear tactic it is just science. We keep fighting what the doctors and scientists tell us and we will keep dying at a higher rate than the rest of the world. If we all Follow their advice we will be done with this shit sooner, but instead we are fighting it.
Also when was the last time 200,000 people died in plane crashes in 7 months? Or car crashes? To your point though if that did occur you can bet your ass i wouldn’t be flying or fucking driving until they figured out wtf was going on.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:53 PM   #14
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

It can be done. If I were to guess, I'd say they'll start allowing a limited fan presence by the Rams game at the latest...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:56 PM   #15
rocnrik
Playmaker

Follow who’s advice ?? For every so called expert that says one thing I can show you other experts that Say different .. how come nobody has the regular FLU ?? There are more people that are gonna die because of non treatment of cancer and other serious health issues because they could not see a Dr.. so some guy had covid but was well enough to attend football game ??? My bet is over half the people on this forum would test positive ... even the test are suspect ... you do realize that out of the 200,000 thousand that died ..less than 10,000 died from covid only .. the rest of the deaths were other serious health issues that combined with covid resulted in death ... these are facts !! live your life ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote