Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Qb

Fantasy Football

Old 09-21-2007, 11:15 PM   #1
Cowell
Impact Rookie

Qb

I have Jay Cutler and Marc Bulger. I really am uneasy about starting them both. Jacksonville has the #2 pass D but Marc Bulger hasn't shown me much this year. Who do you guys think I should start I'm really torn but I'm leaning toward Cutler despite going against Jacksonville.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2007, 11:31 PM   #2
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: Qb

Hands down Marc Bulger!
Bulger has proven himself and has better weapons (IMO). Jacksonville has a shut down pass D, and Cutler has not looked sharp this season. While neither of them are slam dunk starts, Bulger will be the safer bet for more points. I say Bulger throws for 2 td's this week...while Cutler will throw for 1 at best...Cutler will throw a couple int's and it will be a low scoring game.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #3
paulskinsfan

Im feeling your pain, Ive got Romo and Cutler. Im going with Romo, and Id suggest you go with Bulger. Now watch that little bastard Cutler have a career game or something.
paulskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:43 AM   #4
Cowell
Impact Rookie

Haha, exactly this is the problem. I started Marc Bulger week 1. Jay Cutler throws for 350+ yards. Then last week I start Jay Cutler he gets me 12 pts. Marc Bulger gets 22. I have the same problem with my defenses.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:03 AM   #5
killromo
Special Teams

no self-respecting skins fan could start romo. do yourself a favor and cut him before the skins play them, ST may well deliver a career ending injury circa troy aikman v. lavar arrington
killromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:47 PM   #6
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Bulger is a stud. This is a no brainer. At some point this year, he and Torry Holt will EXPLODE. Bulger won me MANY a league last year. But just like pualskinsfan said, now watch cutler have a Derek Anderson-like day. lol
Old 09-22-2007, 12:49 PM   #7
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by killromo View Post
no self-respecting skins fan could start romo. do yourself a favor and cut him before the skins play them, ST may well deliver a career ending injury circa troy aikman v. lavar arrington
Thats hilarious. I dont like Romo for the same reason I dont like Peyton Manning; they're good. No, but in all seriousness, Romo has OWNED the first 2 games so, I would expect no different here. But just remember, Mr. Romo, your first loss came against the skins last year. hehehe
Old 09-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #8
Wanga Skins
Special Teams

Definitely go with Bulger. I actually have Brees in one league and one of the idiots on there dropped Bulger to pick up Derek Anderson. Now I can play Bulger until Brees comes around or if they both step it up I have excellent trade bait.
Wanga Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:08 PM   #9
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanga Skins View Post
Definitely go with Bulger. I actually have Brees in one league and one of the idiots on there dropped Bulger to pick up Derek Anderson. Now I can play Bulger until Brees comes around or if they both step it up I have excellent trade bait.

Are you kidding me? I mean, I know the kid had a great game, but Cinci appearred to have no D at all. Mark Bulger is a stud in this league so, you just got GOOD! Just tell that guy that I said he's a retard. lol
Old 09-22-2007, 03:27 PM   #10
jsarno
Franchise Player

You don't win when you second guess yourself. Bulger has not proven himself to be a horrible QB, he has proven the opposite. You chose him for a reason and he was ranked as a top 5 qb for a reason.
Bulger is the answer, don't even think about this. Let your studs carry the team. I'd rather lose with my best team on the field, then lose with my back ups on the field.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:43 PM   #11
pdid5000
No new threads for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowell View Post
I have Jay Cutler and Marc Bulger. I really am uneasy about starting them both. Jacksonville has the #2 pass D but Marc Bulger hasn't shown me much this year. Who do you guys think I should start I'm really torn but I'm leaning toward Cutler despite going against Jacksonville.
I have the same qbs as you, I'm goin with Bulger. He has more weapons, it just sucks that Pace is out for the year.
pdid5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:51 PM   #12
pdid5000
No new threads for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by killromo View Post
I drafted Romo, got him in the 9th round, he was best available and I was definitly reluctant but took him anyway then traded him for Cutler a week before the first game. Of course Romo threw I think 4 tds and ran for one. Typical in fantasy football, but he won't do that all year.
pdid5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:11 PM   #13
Cowell
Impact Rookie

This is the way I see it when I go into fantasy football. I try my hardest to throw out all Redskins biased opinions I have. I generally don't have a hard time doing that. Honestly they only rule I have is Redskins first fantasy team 2nd. Unless I have absolutely no one else that can get me points I try not to start people against the Redskins. I would much rather see the Redskins have success than my team.

As for the decision despite what you guys all said I'm going to have to stick with Cutler for another week. I think he is guaranteed a 250 yard game and at least a touchdown despite playing the #2 defense against the pass. Marc Bulger is getting too much pressure to be really effective and Jay Cutler has a good line.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:28 AM   #14
jsarno
Franchise Player

Wow...Cutler threw for 222, 1td, and 1 int, while Bulger stunk up the joint with 116 yrds, 0 tds, and 3 ints.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:44 AM   #15
MTK
\m/

I'm really surprised at how lackluster the Rams offense has been so far. Losing Pace must be really killing them.