Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

NYJ expected to fire Todd Bowles...do the Redskins fire Manusky and bring Bowles back to Washington?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-03-2019, 03:49 PM   #16
MTK
\m/

Re: NYJ expected to fire Todd Bowles...do the Redskins fire Manusky and bring Bowles back to Washington?

I hope we're waiting to see if Grilliams becomes available. We could use some of his no nonsense approach. The bad cop to Gruden's good cop if you will.

Advertisements
Old 01-03-2019, 03:55 PM   #17
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: NYJ expected to fire Todd Bowles...do the Redskins fire Manusky and bring Bowles back to Washington?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I hope we're waiting to see if Grilliams becomes available. We could use some of his no nonsense approach. The bad cop to Gruden's good cop if you will.
He was my favorite DC we've had here since Petitbon.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:59 PM   #18
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
this a million times...I want Williams over Bowles

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #19
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

NYJ expected to fire Todd Bowles...do the Redskins fire Manusky and bring Bowles back to Washington?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
this a million times...I want Williams over Bowles

Would Williams even come here?

It’s been a while, but i seem to remember Snyder had promised him the HC job when Gibbs retired, but Snyder said “you suck - i want Jim Zorn.

Williams coming back here would be like getting back up with a girl who left you at the alter for a barista she met the morning of the wedding.

Surely, Williams is going to better options than to return to the owner that jilted him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:38 PM   #20
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Grilliams would be nice, but would any of you take him if it meant retaining Bruce Allen as President of football ops?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:57 PM   #21
metalskins
The Starter

Breathe it in boys....that smell you're smelling is the stench of another season of Greg Manusky as DC. Might as well go ahead and assume that to be true.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:06 PM   #22
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Breathe it in boys....that smell you're smelling is the stench of another season of Greg Manusky as DC. Might as well go ahead and assume that to be true.

Why would we assume that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:18 PM   #23
MTK
\m/

We've done much worse than Manusky. Could we upgrade, definitely. But if the offense was able to pull their weight this year the D wouldn't have gotten exposed as much as they did. The D especially in the 2nd half of the season was routinely hung out to dry by the offense.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:33 PM   #24
mredskins
MVP

All the injuries we had is going save all these coaches and BA
Old 01-04-2019, 04:34 PM   #25
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
All the injuries we had is going save all these coaches and BA
Starting 6-3 also helps I guess.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:21 PM   #26
httr198020
Special Teams

Who in their right mind would want to come here?
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:32 PM   #27
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
We've done much worse than Manusky. Could we upgrade, definitely. But if the offense was able to pull their weight this year the D wouldn't have gotten exposed as much as they did. The D especially in the 2nd half of the season was routinely hung out to dry by the offense.
Convincing this board Mansuky deserves to retain his job? That's a tough sell there chief.

All I know is we went from holding 3 stud rb's to an average of 30 yards in 3 consecutive games to looking like the league worst defense of 2017. And it can't be excused with injuries either.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:18 AM   #28
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Convincing this board Mansuky deserves to retain his job? That's a tough sell there chief.

All I know is we went from holding 3 stud rb's to an average of 30 yards in 3 consecutive games to looking like the league worst defense of 2017. And it can't be excused with injuries either.
Not trying to sell anything on him, I just don't think he's some sort of pariah that some have made him out to be. The D was 17th in yards, 15th in points given up, 7th in sacks. I think people were upset the D couldn't carry the sorry ass offense all season long. No they weren't a top 10 D but in terms of how they've played the last several seasons they were solid enough to get the job done if the offense hadn't fallen apart.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:29 AM   #29
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Not trying to sell anything on him, I just don't think he's some sort of pariah that some have made him out to be. The D was 17th in yards, 15th in points given up, 7th in sacks. I think people were upset the D couldn't carry the sorry ass offense all season long. No they weren't a top 10 D but in terms of how they've played the last several seasons they were solid enough to get the job done if the offense hadn't fallen apart.
I just want consistency. Either be consistently bad or consistently good. Don't be a tease for the first half of the year. Gruden also had a good point, we were consistently terrible on third down too for most of the year IIRC.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:48 AM   #30
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
I agree our offense failed the defense. But head coaching on offense and defense and our QB’s play was below average.
Our Dline is stout and deep. Our LB’s and secondary are pretty good. We are bordering on having the talent on defense to be a top 10 defense and better.
Our defense and offense coordinators are holding us back. Gruden and Manusky are not good at moving the chess pieces around. They are not terrible but they are below average at making in game decisions and strategy.
The New Orleans game this year was tell all of our team. When facing a team with a great coaching staff we got knocked the fuck out! We did not have a lot of injuries then. Our coaches could not do a thing to slow down their offense or our offense get even a field goal.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote