Brian LaFemina Out Less Than 1 Year In

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-28-2018, 06:15 PM   #121
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Re: Brian LaFemina Out Less Than 1 Year In

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
What's crucial to the stadium deal is winning, not Bruce Allen.

What I just said too. Fuck the stadium. How about a playoff win. Ya know, since they haven’t had one since 2005. That’s only 14 years ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2018, 06:21 PM   #122
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Not sure I buy into BA being 100% irreplaceable as far as the new stadium deal is concerned. I mean, grown up people would lose a multi millions (is it billions?) dollars contract because the team president changed ?

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2018, 06:25 PM   #123
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Keep Jay, I wouldn't let him hire another DC though and I'd go hard after Todd Bowles if the Jets can him. I have a feeling Callahan moves on so we'll need a new OL coach.
Couldn't agree more.

Bowles is smart and has a track record of adapting to his personnel, the exact opposite of Callahan.

We didnt run with a fullback until a week ago because Callahan's scheme was a single back. Nevermind Flanagan was the first TE who blocked effectively in the last 3 to 4 years.

I also read he is a micro manager who was dominated by details in Oakland. Cooley said last year we had some crazy number of run schemes, I want to say double digits.

We should do 4 to 6 well instead of a dozen where nobody knows their assignment.

Time for Callahan to go!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2018, 05:50 PM   #124
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
1. The amnities that surround the stadium are lacking. Walk ability from hotels and restaurants is next to impossible.
2. Price for food is hefty compared to many other stadiums.
3. The turf manager might be the worst manager in the Redskins system.
4. It consistently ranks near bottom in the league for fan experience. Considering the venue attracts fans from other teams and they are comparing their experience vs their home stadium experience it should be taken into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinJake
I've never had any real complaints about the stadium. Even parking and traffic weren't real issues in my mind but I also usually park at the Arena Shopping Center. I walk further but once I'm in the car it's a quick right out of the parking lot and a right onto the interstate. To me, a few upgrades here and there are more than sufficient. I haven't been to any of the newest mega stadiums but FedEx Field stacks up fine with the stadiums I've been to. Fans want good, competitive football first and foremost. You don't even have to win 10-12 games a year. Just put a good product on the field.
Thanks guys! Confirms my feeling aren't really about the stadium itself, but a bit about the surroundings, and a lot about the product on the field.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:27 PM   #125
courier2003
Camp Scrub

This has been the norm for the last almost 20 years. Anybody who has tried to come into this organization to help improve it has been put through the "Snyder Grinder" and then spit out. The situation with this team isn't going to change as long as Snyder is here.
courier2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:19 AM   #126
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by courier2003 View Post
This has been the norm for the last almost 20 years. Anybody who has tried to come into this organization to help improve it has been put through the "Snyder Grinder" and then spit out. The situation with this team isn't going to change as long as Snyder is here.
Good 1st post.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 11:51 AM   #127
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Not sure I buy into BA being 100% irreplaceable as far as the new stadium deal is concerned. I mean, grown up people would lose a multi millions (is it billions?) dollars contract because the team president changed ?

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
not only that, but any new stadium is years off. Those who are saying he is irreplaceable because of it are basically saying he is going to be here for 10 more years. That's not the way business works anywhere.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 06:32 PM   #128
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Six teams that are struggling this year compared to last..

Team. 2017. 2018
Jax. 10-6. 5-10
Car. 11-5. 6-9
Atl. 10-6. 6-9
Pitt 13-3. 8-6
Philly. 13-3. 8-7
Minn. 13-3. 8-6-1

None of these teams has had anywhere near the injuries we have had.. I believe if Alex had not gone down we would be in playoffs.. so I’m not ready to call this team a shit show and bash the hell out of them .. should Allen be fired in my opinion yes..manusky yep. Gruden ? that depends on who we can get.

Atlanta has Matt Ryan and they may not have a better record than us.. cam newton with Carolina same.. so are they shit teams ? They must be because we are record wise even or better. Cousins was supposed to get the Vikings into Super bowl and they might have 2 wins more than us with a healthy team.. and all this talk about DJ and his release in my opinion the most underachieving group this year was our DB’s.. they fell way short in effort and talent so for him to call out the team or coaches what the hell did he do to help ?? Most everybody on this forum is a real fan but lately this forum has turned into a shit show because of a few mainly one! I could see with a few players and good health this team could be a contender .. consider the bad luck we have had .. I don’t believe this team sucks as bad as a few think they do!! Hail to the Redskins!!
You must be smoking if you think this team was any good before the injuries. Alex Smith was a below average passer. Once our defense got exposed by the Falcons it was all down hill from there regardless of who was starting at qb.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 09:41 AM   #129
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.12185fc738e8
There is a nice section on the stadium deal. Mentions that Snyder brought in LaFemina specifically for help with that. However things have not been going well on that front as we allknow
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:18 PM   #130
MTK
\m/

Redskins suffer league’s worst attendance drop by a wide margin
Old 01-02-2019, 04:29 PM   #131
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Under clueless and greedy Daniel Snyder the Redskins are a laughable 139-180-1....under JCK the Redskins were 250-169-3 over the 28 year time frame Cooke was the chairman.....Snyder's meddling in the past and his greed in the present makes him the most utterly stupid owner in all of pro sports.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:50 PM   #132
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

the skins were 6-3 at one point. They had a mostly healthy team and a 1-1/2 game lead in the division. We had a HUGE game vs the Texans and the fans didn’t show up.

I am not in the area, so attending the game was not an option for me, but i was PUMPED About watching it. The historical dysfunction of the organization is beyond dispute, but this is a game that fans SHOULD have shown up for. But they didn’t.

Just playing devils advocate here, but let’s say i own a company and hire a new head of sales to improve sales. the product is better than its ever been (when’s the last time we started 6-3 and looked as promising as this years team). The new guy i hired dramatically changes the business model. I think he’s crazy, but i trust him and let him do his thing. But then the sales get worse...I’m sorry, but that reflects poorly on my new head of sales. From a purely business perspective, is it really THAT Crazy to fire the guy?

He had a whole offseason to prepare. He pitched a radical new strategy. The team was hot. But attendance got worse.

I’m not upset at Snyder for firing Lafemina.

Im upset that He hasn’t fired Allen.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:13 PM   #133
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
the skins were 6-3 at one point. They had a mostly healthy team and a 1-1/2 game lead in the division. We had a HUGE game vs the Texans and the fans didn’t show up.

I am not in the area, so attending the game was not an option for me, but i was PUMPED About watching it. The historical dysfunction of the organization is beyond dispute, but this is a game that fans SHOULD have shown up for. But they didn’t.

Just playing devils advocate here, but let’s say i own a company and hire a new head of sales to improve sales. the product is better than its ever been (when’s the last time we started 6-3 and looked as promising as this years team). The new guy i hired dramatically changes the business model. I think he’s crazy, but i trust him and let him do his thing. But then the sales get worse...I’m sorry, but that reflects poorly on my new head of sales. From a purely business perspective, is it really THAT Crazy to fire the guy?

He had a whole offseason to prepare. He pitched a radical new strategy. The team was hot. But attendance got worse.

I’m not upset at Snyder for firing Lafemina.

Im upset that He hasn’t fired Allen.

Re: the bolded, I completely agree. I can't reconcile those two facts. We haven't been 6-3 in years, and people still weren't showing up. I don't understand that.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:02 PM   #134
gibbsrcnfan
Camp Scrub

Quote:

Great post I couldn't agree with
ya more ... Looking forward
To wearing my "Impeach Synder" shirt
Old 01-02-2019, 09:56 PM   #135
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:

“SnyderGrinder” is Bruce’s username on the Grindr app. True story.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote