Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Get Frank Herzog back!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-27-2004, 11:50 AM   #1
Defensewins
Playmaker

Get Frank Herzog back!

Here is a link to Cameron Gray, WJFK Operations Director at clgray@wjfkfm.com
Please send her some nasty email about firing Herzog! I just sent her one and told I would no longer listen to WJFK unless they get Herzog back. FIGHT THE POWER! LOL
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-27-2004, 12:01 PM   #2
cpayne5
Playmaker

My email:

I am very dissapointed that WJFK has cut ties with Frank Herzog. This is very disrespectful to the fans that have come to love the Sonny, Sam, and Frank team for the past 23 years. I will no longer be a listener of your station, or of the Redskins Radio Network, on Sundays anymore.
--Chris Payne
Old 02-27-2004, 01:36 PM   #3
irish
Playmaker

I am pretty sure Cameron Gray is a guy.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 02:53 PM   #4
cpayne5
Playmaker

Man, woman, doesn't matter.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:30 PM   #5
celts32
Playmaker

Here's my letter. I don't live in DC, but my email would not have much impact if I told them that.

Dear Cameron,
I am extremely dissapointed that WJFK has replaced Frank Herzog. This action is very disrespectful to Redskins fans that have long looked upon Sonny, Sam, and Frank as a DC institution. Frank Herzog is as much a part of the Redskins tradition as any player who ever wore the burgandy & gold. It is clear that the Redskins and thier traditions mean little to WJFK. For my part I no longer plan to listen to your station on Sundays or any day for that matter. That decision will give me some "continuity" in my radio station listening habits.

Sincerely,

Kevin M
Redskins season ticket holder and former WJFK listener.
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 03:54 PM   #6
woodchuck
Camp Scrub

Spread the word!!!! I sent my e-mail to Cam too. (He is a guy).- I'm also sending some snail mail. Let them get inundated with real letters!!!!

70 Chip baby...70 Chip.
woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 08:58 PM   #7
Bozzy
The Starter

Man, I had no idea they got rid of him. That sucks. Frank is awesome!
Bozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 10:43 PM   #8
Luxorreb
^21^

I emailed Cameron as well. Tell yer friends lets not let Frank go without a ruckus! No disrespect to Larry Michael. Just bring back Frank. He is a true Redskin.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:29 AM   #9
huntz
Special Teams

Change continues to hurt the 'Skins and this change REALLY STINKS!!! Why mess with a good thing. I, too, like Michaels..but he won't be Frank!!! I don't care what the station says..this REEEEEEKS of Snyder!!!!!
huntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 08:48 AM   #10
jbonbright
Camp Scrub

Here's what I just e-mailied Camerson, FWIW:

Your station's treatment of long-time employee Frank Herzog was both puzzling and unfortunate. Frank is a decent man, a talented radio personality, and popular figure in the DC news arena. I've met him several times in public and have always found him to be a gracious, witty gentleman. Of course, he has handled his ill treatment with typical class.

The trio of Herzog, Huff, and Jurgenson have been making radio magic since 1981. The THREE of them ARE the voice of the Reskins for many, many 'Skins fans. Herzog's voice can be heard in the background on many Redskin highlight reels on NFL Films, a testament to his delivery and voice.

As with many fans, when I'm not at the actual game, I'll turn up the radio and turn down the TV volume during Skins games, as well as listen to an hour or so of postgame coverage. Not any more.

Whatever the real reason for his dismissal (shady backroom, backscratching deal?), you've ruined a great thing.

John Bonbright
Shepherdstown, WV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins
Here is a link to Cameron Gray, WJFK Operations Director at clgray@wjfkfm.com
Please send her some nasty email about firing Herzog! I just sent her one and told I would no longer listen to WJFK unless they get Herzog back. FIGHT THE POWER! LOL
jbonbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 08:59 AM   #11
jbonbright
Camp Scrub

How does this reek of Snyder? Of the three, Herzog was hardly the most critical of Snyder.

I don't get this whole Snyder-bashing thing.

Here's a guy who spends whatever it takes to try to make the 'Skins champions again. Time and time again, he's spared no expense or effort. Has he made mistakes? Yeah. So have lots of owners, both those just starting out and those with years of experience. (Al Davis, the Bidwells, the Glaziers in Tampa Bay come to mind, though they got the last laugh when they won the 2003 Super Bowl.) I don't get why people don't appreciate his incredible commitment to the 'Skins and instead want to focus on his past mistakes.

And don't start whining about much beer costs at FedEx as a way to prove that all Snyder cares about is money. Have you been to a Caps or Orioles game lately? I just spent $27 each for "average" seats for an O's game this year, yet they have TEN times the number of home games as the 'Skins do. Do the math and you'll figure out that they have to recoup costs by charging the way they do. My "good" 'Skins seats are $79 each, yet the beer and concessions bascially cost the same as they do at Camden Yards.

He brought Gibbs back, for chrissakes! What more could you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntz
Change continues to hurt the 'Skins and this change REALLY STINKS!!! Why mess with a good thing. I, too, like Michaels..but he won't be Frank!!! I don't care what the station says..this REEEEEEKS of Snyder!!!!!
jbonbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 09:35 AM   #12
cpayne5
Playmaker

I hear ya, jbonbright.