Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Latest Sporting News Mock Draft- Williams at #5 to Skins?

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 01:43 PM   #1
raleighskinsfan
Camp Scrub

Latest Sporting News Mock Draft- Williams at #5 to Skins?

Sporting News Latest Mock Draft

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2203850

As we continue to fill our holes in free agency, the draft becomes clearer-
Realizing there is still a long time before the draft, it is still fun to speculate, right???
So Sporting News has us taking Mike Williams at #5.
My questions to you are these-

1. I don't watch enough college football to know- is Mike Williams the next coming of Randy Moss as it seems he's being touted? If so, hard to pass on him- but is that the right move for the Skins?

2- Would you rather see us take Kellen Winslow Jr at #5? Granted we just signed Rasby, but he could be the blocker and Winslow the pass catching TE. Would not surprise me to see Gibbs carry two TE's- Don't you think Gibbs would also love a two TE set with both on the field, one RB and two receivers?

3- Would we be better off trading down to the mid-level of the first round, picking up extra picks, and going after Kenechi Udeze to help build our NON EXISTANT pass rush???
Renaldo Wynn and Phillip Daniels are not particulary great pass rushers....

If Williams is as good as everyone says he is, I think I would be happy with any of these 3 scenarios- but frankly, I think our biggest need is obviously a pass rushing DE. Those are VERY hard to find and we haven't had one in his prime since Charles Mann for God's Sake....

Advertisements
Old 03-08-2004, 01:51 PM   #2
Ade Jimoh Fan Club
Special Teams

I would be shocked if we took a WR - Even Williams - at No. 5. We've got fantastic depth with Coles, Gardner, McCants, Jacobs and Jimoh - that I can't imagine us going there. Too many bigger needs - i.e. DE, DT, S, or TE. Last year, Detroit picked up a guy from Mich. St. that was supposed to be the next Randy Moss and I don't remember him doing too much for them. It's too risky with WR's....
Old 03-08-2004, 02:07 PM   #3
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Jimoh is a cornerback. i only remember two plays a 44 yard bomb over him againsta Atlanta and another bomb launched over him i cacn't remember which game. he had good coverage just didnt time his leap right. good speed but he aint no WR
Old 03-08-2004, 02:18 PM   #4
Ade Jimoh Fan Club
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan
he had good coverage just didnt time his leap right. good speed
Hey JoeThiesmanFan - you give ol' Ade more credit than most people on this website - Kudos to you for seeing the potential and talent! Good coverage...good speed.. and a big heart! That's our boy! Oh, and I know he's a CB, but he could play WR if that's what was best for the team. Team Player, that Ade is!

DEJA HOMI!
Old 03-08-2004, 02:19 PM   #5
celts32
Playmaker

If the Redskins with all thier defensive holes spend the 5th pick of the draft on a WR I will need to make an unscheduled trip to Circut City to replace my broken TV...
Old 03-08-2004, 02:32 PM   #6
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Well with Coles, Gardner, etc. we don't need him at WR but it takes CB's a couple years to start playing right. Smoot is still in his learning curve years and doing excellent Jimoh was a rookie CB we'll see how much he has improved you can't teach speed. in the defensive secondary thats what you need. Bye Bowen the paper tiger safety. Keyshawn Touchdown!!! and we were still in the game. and on the plays jimoh got burned where was the safety help??????????? I dont doubt jimoh but a rookie CB that was in position but just didnt make the play isnt a terrible player. Let him compete if he makes the team he is good to have around learning. You got to develop CB's constantly they are too hard to find. Unless you have a d-line like the panthers you need good CB's or your defense wont cut it. Ask Denver.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:38 PM   #7
hi-jinx
Special Teams

Since if we sign Butler from the Rams we will only be about 1 million under the cap I got to believe we are going to trade down. Thats not enough green to sign a top five guy and since we only have to 2 picks this year I think we would be better off trading own to get a D-lineman.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:39 PM   #8
Duffman003
Impact Rookie

The Detriot guy you are talking about is Charles Rogers and he is good but he broke his collarbone during the season.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:42 PM   #9
Duffman003
Impact Rookie

Also I am a believer in that if you have a high pick you get the best guy, Mike Williams is young and could have a huge upside, we would have one of the best offenses in the league. hopefully.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:12 PM   #10
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

all i can say is expect the unexpected from coach gibbs on nfl draft day.there is no telling who he'll pick or if he'll trade down.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
always remember ladies and germs-THE COWBOYS SUCK
Old 03-08-2004, 05:09 PM   #11
SittingBull
Camp Scrub

Im beginning to really think Ade Jimoh Fan Club is the real Ade Jimoh lol
Old 03-08-2004, 05:14 PM   #12
Ade Jimoh Fan Club
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittingBull
I wish!!! The real Ade's probably out training 12 hours a day to get ready for mini-camp! I run once a month if I'm feeling motivated....
Old 03-08-2004, 05:17 PM   #13
Defensewins
Playmaker

That Sporting news mock draft is the worst I have seen. T Robert Gallery at #2? Come on! I'd take Ade Jimoh at #2 before Robert Gallery.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:18 PM   #14
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittingBull
sitting bull,you have not been hitting the payote today have you?
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
always remember ladies and germs-THE COWBOYS SUCK
Old 03-08-2004, 05:18 PM   #15
offiss

From what I have seen william's look's a lot like meshawn physically, don't know if he comes with the same bagage, prob. not, know way I take william's over taylor, especially with the ubundance of reciever's we already have. If we were going to go offense then I would say take winslow he is more taented at TE then william's is at WR and he would fill a much bigger need.
Closed Thread