Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Last year's team

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-09-2015, 02:51 PM   #16
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Re: Last year's team

Looked like a cat turd rolled in crackers.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #17
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Nah, I believe your previous Parcell's quote...~"you are what you record says you are". I think any team can play the coulda/woulda/shoulda game. But the reality is the end result either by fault of players, coaching or front office.

I agree. I mean we've been on the wrong side of .500 pretty consistently for a long time. What else is there to say?
Old 06-09-2015, 05:06 PM   #18
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Our team was so lacking in areas that are so basic and critically important like defense and offensive line that leads me to answer your question with another question: what does it matter how many more wins we could of won?
Our needs were so glaring in the important areas that it would have been a disservice to IMO win more games and lose position in the draft. We were not going anywhere. If we had gone 8-8 and not been able to draft Schreff I would be pissed. Is 8-8 really such a great thing? No.
Now if you want talk about our record and how we had more talent than our record indicates, then yes, that is true. We were so weak in important basic areas that made our record skewed when looking at it. We are way better then most of the weaklings we were drafting near that had comparable records. We are closer to a winning team then a Jacksonville or tampa.
That Tampa team actually beat us last year. Last year was so bizarre. We beat Dallas and Philly (Philly nearly twice) and then lose to Tampa and nearly lose to the lowly Titans (I can't even remember who their QB was last year -- did they have one?).

It tells me that we have some talent but no depth and (unfortunately) suspect coaching. I think the talent level this year will be better -- we had some good addition by subtraction (talking to you Porter, Chester, Clark, Merriweather, Polumbus), and I think we have picked up some solid players. The coaching is still a work in progress -- real question marks there for me. But I like what Scot seems to be trying to do so far.