Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What are you looking for vs the Browns '15?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-16-2015, 12:55 PM   #181
30gut
Playmaker

Re: What are you looking for vs the Browns '15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
o I'm not even remotely concerned with the offense from a schematic standpoint, especially considering they're not going to have a starting caliber TE out there
When I wrote this I read somewhere that Paul wasn't going to play this game. I wish he hadn't. Now we really in ernest need to figure out something at TE especially in terms of blocking.

Quote:
o I want to see Griff get a lot of reps, the main thing i'm looking for is crisp footwork and getting the ball out on time
Disappointed in the Griff's low number of reps. His footwork was okay, not as sharp or as crisp as I would like to see. For example on the pass to Spencer that he sailed high on the inside Griffin took an extra hitch. He got to the top of his drop and Spencer wasn't open yet. Instead of throwing the ball early or moving to the next receiver he took a small hitch and waited then he threw the ball high and on the inside. But that's what happens when a QB throws the ball off rhythm they tend to 'aim' the ball and end up spraying it because their footwork is off.

Quote:
o Going to keep a close eye on: Dash (who I'm worried about, I think he was a damn good S 2 years ago but I'm worried that player might only exist in the past) Want to see Jeron and I have high hopes for the rookie DB from Va Tech
Dash didn't really have a chance to make an impact. Duke blew a coverage on scramble in the end zone. Jarrett looked good but played more slot then S. Cromartie Smith and Robinson were active.

Quote:
o Would like to see one of the back-up CB play well but right now I'm just hoping for no major mistakes. These guys are gonna to be thrown into the deep end.
Other then the Culliver I thought the CBs didn't make positve plays.

Quote:
o I want to see the starting front 3 to be dominant. Dominant.
They were okay. I want to see dominance!

Quote:
o I want to see good pash rush from Trent and I'm curious how Preston Smith looks as an OLB and a general pass rusher
Liked what I saw from these 2. Trent isn't a speed rusher but can create some pressure, Preston is similar. Trent got held/tackled on the scramble play.

Quote:
o I really like the physical skillset of Houston Bates will be curious if he flashes
Got to take a second look but he flashed, back to back sacks to end the game. He's moving from OLB to ILB. I want to see him in coverage but physical skillset he rivals any Backer we have. He might be my camp crush.

Quote:
o I think Martell Spaight might injury someone, I expect him to make some splash hits
Moved well made some tackles, but I'm waiting to see someone get 'Spaighted'
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-16-2015, 01:26 PM   #182
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
When I wrote this I read somewhere that Paul wasn't going to play this game. I wish he hadn't. Now we really in ernest need to figure out something at TE especially in terms of blocking.

Disappointed in the Griff's low number of reps. His footwork was okay, not as sharp or as crisp as I would like to see. For example on the pass to Spencer that he sailed high on the inside Griffin took an extra hitch. He got to the top of his drop and Spencer wasn't open yet. Instead of throwing the ball early or moving to the next receiver he took a small hitch and waited then he threw the ball high and on the inside. But that's what happens when a QB throws the ball off rhythm they tend to 'aim' the ball and end up spraying it because their footwork is off.

Dash didn't really have a chance to make an impact. Duke blew a coverage on scramble in the end zone. Jarrett looked good but played more slot then S. Cromartie Smith and Robinson were active.

Other then the Culliver I thought the CBs didn't make positve plays.

They were okay. I want to see dominance!

Liked what I saw from these 2. Trent isn't a speed rusher but can create some pressure, Preston is similar. Trent got held/tackled on the scramble play.

Got to take a second look but he flashed, back to back sacks to end the game. He's moving from OLB to ILB. I want to see him in coverage but physical skillset he rivals any Backer we have. He might be my camp crush.

Moved well made some tackles, but I'm waiting to see someone get 'Spaighted'
Are u talking to yourself?
Old 08-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #183
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Yup. It's time to make this 30gut's official avatar:

All work and no play makes 30gut a dull boy.