Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Panthers Pre game thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2018, 01:37 PM   #16
KI Skins Fan
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,671
Re: Panthers Pre game thread

What is this "at home" b.s. I keep reading here. You all should know by now that we do not have a home field advantage anymore. So take that out of your equation for picking Redskins games. That's one more thing that Dan Snyder has F'ed up.

I have no idea which team might win this game and I don't care a whole lot about that right now. The Skins have a whole lot to straighten out before we can become contenders and I am very skeptical about that ever happening with Dan Snyder owning the team.

That Monday night fiasco has really got me thinking why I even bother to follow the Skins anymore - after 60 years. It's just the accumulation of all the incompetence and disrespect we fans have endured since Snyder bought the team.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-11-2018, 02:52 PM   #17
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,285
Re: Panthers Pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
What is this "at home" b.s. I keep reading here. You all should know by now that we do not have a home field advantage anymore. So take that out of your equation for picking Redskins games. That's one more thing that Dan Snyder has F'ed up.

I have no idea which team might win this game and I don't care a whole lot about that right now. The Skins have a whole lot to straighten out before we can become contenders and I am very skeptical about that ever happening with Dan Snyder owning the team.

That Monday night fiasco has really got me thinking why I even bother to follow the Skins anymore - after 60 years. It's just the accumulation of all the incompetence and disrespect we fans have endured since Snyder bought the team.

Can't argue any of this
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:08 PM   #18
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,285
Re: Panthers Pre game thread

Jay "We need to get Josh the ball, he needs more opportunities"

I do agree that we need to throw it up to him more for those 50/50 plays in the RZ
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:16 PM   #19
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,949
Re: Panthers Pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Jay "We need to get Josh the ball, he needs more opportunities"

I do agree that we need to throw it up to him more for those 50/50 plays in the RZ
Josh who? Josh Norman, cool.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:31 PM   #20
rocnrik
Special Teams
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 489
Re: Panthers Pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
What is this "at home" b.s. I keep reading here. You all should know by now that we do not have a home field advantage anymore. So take that out of your equation for picking Redskins games. That's one more thing that Dan Snyder has F'ed up.

I have no idea which team might win this game and I don't care a whole lot about that right now. The Skins have a whole lot to straighten out before we can become contenders and I am very skeptical about that ever happening with Dan Snyder owning the team.

That Monday night fiasco has really got me thinking why I even bother to follow the Skins anymore - after 60 years. It's just the accumulation of all the incompetence and disrespect we fans have endured since Snyder bought the team.
. I could not say it better!!!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:57 PM   #21
punch it in
MVP
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 11,869
Panthers Pre game thread

Panthers 31
Skins 17
We will not be a .500 or better team at any point the rest of this season.
We have an idiot owner. Im not even sure if we have a gm. We have a completely unqualified head coach, and a lousy quarterback. No wide receivers. Im not even gonna finish the list of what we donít have. Im sick about this team. Just sick. The last thing I remember we were up 14-0 against Seattle in the playoffs and than someone woke me up.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #22
rocnrik
Special Teams
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 489
Re: Panthers Pre game thread

I hear you punch but this is a lousy division .. 9-7 wins it maybe 8-8 .. so if there is any hope of a positive outcome we are in the right division ! We could lose 6 more and still win division ! We all know that this will be it for gruden either coach it up and get in the playoffs or your gone so we can be entertained by that scenario. Truth is this is a middle of league team has been for a long time and thatís a frustrating place to be.. I could actually see us getting to playoffs and gruden let go .. but until this team gets a true football GM we are gonna be the 7 to 9 win team .
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:07 PM   #23
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,536
Re: Panthers Pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Jay "We need to get Josh the ball, he needs more opportunities"

I do agree that we need to throw it up to him more for those 50/50 plays in the RZ
blah blah blah. The guy can't consistently get open.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:21 PM   #24
KI Skins Fan
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,671
Re: Panthers Pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Jay "We need to get Josh the ball, he needs more opportunities"

I do agree that we need to throw it up to him more for those 50/50 plays in the RZ
WTF is Jay Gruden talking about? Wouldn't Josh first need to be in a game before he could get more opportunities? Isn't Jay Gruden the man who held Josh out of the Saints game?

Besides, what has Josh ever done in the NFL? He's not going to save us.

Gruden should listen to himself talk. He doesn't even make sense anymore.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:05 PM   #25
SolidSnake84
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 2,467
Re: Panthers Pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Panthers 31
Skins 17
We will not be a .500 or better team at any point the rest of this season.
We have an idiot owner. Im not even sure if we have a gm. We have a completely unqualified head coach, and a lousy quarterback. No wide receivers. Im not even gonna finish the list of what we donít have. Im sick about this team. Just sick. The last thing I remember we were up 14-0 against Seattle in the playoffs and than someone woke me up.
Best post so far that i've read on the whole deal. No way in hell we go above .500 this season. Alex Smith is worse than Mark Brunell in 2006 and you guys know I loved that guy. And the best part is that Bruce Allen will still be here next year to make sure we screw everything up again.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:45 PM   #26
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,285
Re: Panthers Pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Panthers 31
Skins 17
We will not be a .500 or better team at any point the rest of this season.
We have an idiot owner. Im not even sure if we have a gm. We have a completely unqualified head coach, and a lousy quarterback. No wide receivers. Im not even gonna finish the list of what we donít have. Im sick about this team. Just sick. The last thing I remember we were up 14-0 against Seattle in the playoffs and than someone woke me up.
Man I really thought that was our yr
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:36 PM   #27
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Posts: 4,081
Re: Panthers Pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Man I really thought that was our yr
Well it could have been if not for a dumbass head coach letting RG3 play in that game.
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:30 AM   #28
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,653
Re: Panthers Pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
WTF is Jay Gruden talking about? Wouldn't Josh first need to be in a game before he could get more opportunities? Isn't Jay Gruden the man who held Josh out of the Saints game?

Besides, what has Josh ever done in the NFL? He's not going to save us.

Gruden should listen to himself talk. He doesn't even make sense anymore.
Pretty sure he was "injured" because somebody "stepped on his heel" at practice...
__________________
Is there another french fan of the Redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:44 AM   #29
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,097
Re: Panthers Pre game thread

I was so optimistic as the season started but I'm definitely losing faith in Gruden's ability to organize a coaching hierarchy that ensures high performance.

It would be one thing if we went toe to toe with the Saints and just lost because we got beat by a good QB. But we have idiots in the secondary blowing coverages. Mental mistakes, whether due to lack of communication or due to not knowing responsibilities or due to lack of discipline, they all fall on the head coach. It's a sign that Gruden's coaching staff either isn't handling the personalities, aren't setting the appropriate tone or driving accountability, or aren't communicating well enough with the players. I'm not sure which of those is the problem, but the Saints game was a sure sign that something is afoul with the coaching.

I agree I don't think we finish better than 8-8 and Gruden will be fired at season's end. I don't even care if we win this game or not because I know where the season's headed.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:50 AM   #30
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,285
Re: Panthers Pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I was so optimistic as the season started but I'm definitely losing faith in Gruden's ability to organize a coaching hierarchy that ensures high performance.

It would be one thing if we went toe to toe with the Saints and just lost because we got beat by a good QB. But we have idiots in the secondary blowing coverages. Mental mistakes, whether due to lack of communication or due to not knowing responsibilities or due to lack of discipline, they all fall on the head coach. It's a sign that Gruden's coaching staff either isn't handling the personalities, aren't setting the appropriate tone or driving accountability, or aren't communicating well enough with the players. I'm not sure which of those is the problem, but the Saints game was a sure sign that something is afoul with the coaching.

I agree I don't think we finish better than 8-8 and Gruden will be fired at season's end. I don't even care if we win this game or not because I know where the season's headed.
I think Jay is too laid back, he's a players coach and it reflects on the field. Unfortunately you dont see many Old school coaches anymore. When you have guys saying "practice is too easy" that is a problem. Idk who we would go out and replace him with but something needs to change now if he wants to keep his job. IMO nothing less than 9-7 should keep him around.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.14676 seconds with 12 queries