Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Parking Lot

Old 03-11-2016, 11:42 AM   #1
metalskins
The Starter

Just curious! What do you like or dislike about your vehicle you currently drive? I'll start since I'm the freakin' OP!

I currently drive a Honda Accord. I had driven a Mustang before that, but thought the Accord would still be somewhat sporty and save on gas. Owned the thing for five years now, still owe on it, unfortunately!

Anyway, I'm freakin' bored with the car. I've always been into muscle cars...mostly Mustangs. But, I traded my last 'stang GT in for the Accord for gas mileage purposes. At the time, I was driving quite a bit everyday, and I always made it a point to put premium gas in my 'stang. Long story short, it was going to cost me a shitload to keep gas in the thing. Fast forward to now, I'm married, moved, switched jobs, and have a rugrat. The Accord is a 2-door coupe, and anyone who has had coupes and having to deal with getting child car seats in and out knows what a hassle it is.

Anyway, enough of that shit. I'm wondering what you guys think about the Dodge Charger? Best of both worlds, right? Four door sedan, but still enough to be considered a muscle car? High performance, lots of power. Would this be a good choice? I will be driving it everyday. My job is now just about 25 minutes from the house, some highway driving, some city driving, but not like it was before when I drove an hour to work and an hour home every day.

Didn't have the best of luck with Dodge in the past, but it wasn't a Charger. What so you?

Advertisements
Old 03-13-2016, 08:27 PM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

2015 Ford Fusion Titanium with AWD. Easily my favorite car I've owned. Lots of tech features, and a turbo charged 4 cylinder that's pretty good on gas but still has plenty of get up and go with 240hp. It even parks itself.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:59 AM   #3
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium with AWD. Easily my favorite car I've owned. Lots of tech features, and a turbo charged 4 cylinder that's pretty good on gas but still has plenty of get up and go with 240hp. It even parks itself.

Very nice! I gave the wife a new 13 Hyundai Santa fe sport a few years back with all wheel drive ,moon roof, heated seat and wheel awsome GPS system,the works.great truck on trips we get around 25/27!
I have a 07 Camry with just about 133,000 on it ,gets around 31 to a gallon .Since I will retire in July it's really all I need.Might get a pick up in the fall .
Old 03-14-2016, 10:56 AM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
my sister and husband got 2014 fusion and love it. They go through cars, constantly finding stuff they don't like about their current ride...they went thru Mini cooper (hated it), Subaru wagon, Volvo...all within the last 5 years. Findly found their car with the fusion.

me: 2011 Equinox LT

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:00 AM   #5
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
my sister and husband got 2014 fusion and love it. They go through cars, constantly finding stuff they don't like about their current ride...they went thru Mini cooper (hated it), Subaru wagon, Volvo...all within the last 5 years. Findly found their car with the fusion.

me: 2011 Equinox LT

I've been a fusion guy since it first came out, this is my 4th one. It helps that my brother sells Fords, I get a sweet deal on them.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:02 PM   #6
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

2009 Nissan Pathfinder (mine)
2014 Honda Pilot (wifes)
1967??? Chevelle, nor sure about the year (but my father in law said I was the only son in law he liked so he gave it to me) needs a bit of restoration but it was a nice birthday gift

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:40 PM   #7
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
1967??? Chevelle, nor sure about the year (but my father in law said I was the only son in law he liked so he gave it to me) needs a bit of restoration but it was a nice birthday gift

WOW!!!! That could be worth a nice little restoration.

https://www.carsforsale.com/1967-che...-sale-C1055281
Old 03-14-2016, 04:52 PM   #8
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

2012 Honda Accord (got the V6 so it's get some pop to it, but pretty boring I guess)

Leave my car alone OP
Old 03-14-2016, 05:01 PM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
2009 Nissan Pathfinder (mine)
2014 Honda Pilot (wifes)
one of my x girlfriend father fully restored either a 68 or 69 Chevelle...it was quite a task and when he got done it was a menacing looking vehicle. it was all engine and braun, not impressed with the overall look though.

Your 67 has much more of a sleeker, classic look..like it much better than the straight muscle. you gotta good year.

He Gets Us
Old 03-14-2016, 07:52 PM   #10
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
one of my x girlfriend father fully restored either a 68 or 69 Chevelle...it was quite a task and when he got done it was a menacing looking vehicle. it was all engine and braun, not impressed with the overall look though.

Your 67 has much more of a sleeker, classic look..like it much better than the straight muscle. you gotta good year.
If your lookin' to unload that POS, I might be able to ...take it of your hands
----just trying to be helpful.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:30 AM   #11
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

I'm driving a 2006 Toyota Avalon Limited. 65k miles on it. It was my grandmother's, but when my wife totaled her car, I bought it off her. We've put 45k on it and she bought it brand new. I always wanted a Lexus LS, and this is the closest I'll get to it for a while. Gets 20/29, and I average 20-22 with mixed driving.

Wife drives a 2008 Honda Odyssey. 120k miles on it. Base line model but it's done us fine. Got it with 40k on it and have put almost 80k in 5 and a half years. It's had its issues (had to replace all the coil packs for the engine, going to need a cat converter to pass emissions/inspection) but solid for a family with 3 kids that trash it.

While I love cars, I've never been a car guy. It's transportation from A to B and Back. So in my mind, I'll drive these into the ground and then get something else.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:33 AM   #12
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I have a 2012 Chevy Equinox LT AWD. Pretty nice car, big enough to handle all the stuff we need to carry around for my toddler; but it is not a huge car. It handles very well in bad weather and overall it is a comfortable ride.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:34 AM   #13
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
I'm driving a 2006 Toyota Avalon Limited. 65k miles on it. It was my grandmother's, but when my wife totaled her car, I bought it off her. We've put 45k on it and she bought it brand new. I always wanted a Lexus LS, and this is the closest I'll get to it for a while. Gets 20/29, and I average 20-22 with mixed driving.

Wife drives a 2008 Honda Odyssey. 120k miles on it. Base line model but it's done us fine. Got it with 40k on it and have put almost 80k in 5 and a half years. It's had its issues (had to replace all the coil packs for the engine, going to need a cat converter to pass emissions/inspection) but solid for a family with 3 kids that trash it.

While I love cars, I've never been a car guy. It's transportation from A to B and Back. So in my mind, I'll drive these into the ground and then get something else.
This is me as well. Im all about getting value too and not having a note hanging over me head. Mortgage is tough enough. Since college Ive only owned 2 vehicles...buying then getting everything I can out of them.

He Gets Us
Old 03-15-2016, 12:07 PM   #14
mredskins
MVP

your mom
Old 03-15-2016, 01:36 PM   #15
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
This is me as well. Im all about getting value too and not having a note hanging over me head. Mortgage is tough enough. Since college Ive only owned 2 vehicles...buying then getting everything I can out of them.
By far the most fiscally responsible thing to do.

My father in law buys a brand new car every five years or so, trading each in for a brand new one. Biggest waste of money of all time. I'm like dude it's called a lease if you're really into having the latest and greatest.