NFL talks about pulling plug on NFL Europa

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #46
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Re: NFL talks about pulling plug on NFL Europa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It's 8 players per side in AFL. Field is 50 yards long. As opposed to 12 and 110 for CFL. Either way, I think AFL is a lot of fun to watch. Several NFL players have come from the AFL and I consider it real.
Personally I prefer the CFL to the AFL. The problem with the AFL is there is pretty much no defense involved at all. The element of defense, which I enjoy the most, is not present. No false start, only 10 yards for a set of downs, along with a small field makes the games way too high scoring.

I know the CFL allows you to get a running start and 3 downs also increase the passing, the games seem to involve more defense. In the AFL you can just have a good offense and that is good enough to win. I would not, however, like to see CFL rules used in the NFL. If anything I think the NFL should return to its old rules on defense which ease up towards pass interference calls, which are made way too often.

This is a side note that doesn't really deal with the issue, but I really hate how leagues try to get more viewers by making it high scoring. If anything it just ruins the sport for the true fans. And the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL(well they kinda had to because their league tanked, but still) have made rule changes or interpretations recently which allow for higher scoring. I guess I personally just like defense in games, and that is why I am also a huge soccer fan. I really do appreciate defense in any game, and at times I am more satisfied with a good 0-0 soccer game to 49-7 football game. And before you haters jump on soccer, I do know they(FIFA) started calling more touch fouls to make it higher scoring, and I am opposed of that as well.

Ok, end rant.

Advertisements
Old 07-06-2007, 12:36 AM   #47
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

This will never be repeated by any other sport. and bramlett went out on top go skins.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:26 AM   #48
redskinsredskins
Camp Scrub

no thats horrible!
redskinsredskins is offline   Reply With Quote